User Controls

I dont get it

kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    I just got a new android phone like a week ago and when i plug it into my laptop it says I have no files even though I have 2 videos and a bunch of pictures on it, i was trying to pull the video I took of blink182 tonight but it says i have no files...

I tried clearing the internal storage cache, and restarting it but that didn't do anything. fucking gay!

Post last edited by Bill Krozby at 2017-03-23T05:20:59.059805+00:00
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    the latest versions of android only have MTP mode switched on by default I believe - instead of showing you the whole phone's storage memory when you plug it in, it only shows you a specific folder, like 'documents' or something. see if you can work out which folder is being displayed when you browse to it and move your files there
    ^it doesnt display anything or show any folder this is all it says when i click the lg button in my computer

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    oh right, when you plug it in, it should show a popup on the phone itself asking what to do - you need to select MTP or media transfer. if it doesn't pop up you may need to go into USB settings... can probably find the details if you post the phone model
    Just upload to YouTube from the phone
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump Just upload to YouTube from the phone

I could do that but sometimes I just like to pull stuff off my phone like pictures and stuff and don't want to have to email a bunch of emails if i want to quickly drag and drop a 100 images.
    noticed the name in the screenshot

http://eguides.sprint.com/support/eguides/lgxpower/content/lg_x_power_ug/transfer_files_between_your_phone_and_a_computer.html
    Originally posted by aldra oh right, when you plug it in, it should show a popup on the phone itself asking what to do - you need to select MTP or media transfer. if it doesn't pop up you may need to go into USB settings… can probably find the details if you post the phone model

the pop up you're talking about only came up the first time I've ever plugged it into my laptop which was like 40 minutes ago and I've unplugged it and plugged it back in and its never popped up again
    Oh and another thats wicked annoying that just started today was on my "charging lock screen" it now has this stupid fucking ad

NOTHING IS EVER PERFECT ENOUGH!
    HampTheToker African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby Oh and another thats wicked annoying that just started today was on my "charging lock screen" it now has this stupid fucking ad

NOTHING IS EVER PERFECT ENOUGH!

You've installed some shit app that's basically hijacked your lockscreen for adspace. Find it and uninstall it. I hate devs that do shit like that.

I don't know what phone you have, but there's an option in settings somewhere to choose the default behavior every time you plug your phone into your computer. Look under Power or Battery or maybe under Developer options for an option to Select USB Configuration. Change it from charging to MTP.

If you haven't already, go to About Phone and tap Build number 7 times until it says Developer mode has been activated. You'll now see Developer options in settings. Be careful playing with those settings. More than a few of them could have undesirable effects, so if you don't know what it does then leave it alone. Protip: set window animation scale, transition animation scale, and animator duration scale to .5 or .25 to give your phone a snappier feel. Those options don't necessarily increase performance, but you'll definitely notice an improvement.
    Originally posted by HampTheToker You've installed some shit app that's basically hijacked your lockscreen for adspace. Find it and uninstall it. I hate devs that do shit like that.

I don't know what phone you have, but there's an option in settings somewhere to choose the default behavior every time you plug your phone into your computer. Look under Power or Battery or maybe under Developer options for an option to Select USB Configuration. Change it from charging to MTP.

If you haven't already, go to About Phone and tap Build number 7 times until it says Developer mode has been activated. You'll now see Developer options in settings. Be careful playing with those settings. More than a few of them could have undesirable effects, so if you don't know what it does then leave it alone. Protip: set window animation scale, transition animation scale, and animator duration scale to .5 or .25 to give your phone a snappier feel. Those options don't necessarily increase performance, but you'll definitely notice an improvement.

Actually i just fixe it and it was something that came with the phone, z-camera. And I've never had the lock screen on in the first place I even went and checked to see if it was on when i first saw it earlier today and it said it was off.

but yeah its all good now just uninstalled z-camera and the shitty candy crush apps that came with the phone.

I'm not a big app downloader daniel, just all the normal stuff like kik and tinder. I like to keep as much space as possible for videos of my cat and my smut, daniel

Post last edited by Bill Krozby at 2017-03-23T06:05:39.057967+00:00
    But im still having the problem not being able to see my photos / videos when i plug into my lappy
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby Actually i just fixe it and it was something that came with the phone, z-camera. And I've never had the lock screen on in the first place I even went and checked to see if it was on when i first saw it earlier today and it said it was off.

but yeah its all good now just uninstalled z-camera and the shitty candy crush apps that came with the phone.

Lrn2root

I hate having preinstalled apps that I'll never use take up space on my devices. You can disable them and you won't see them anymore, but they're still there. Root is the only way to get rid of that crap.

I chose wisely when I bought a OnePlus 3T. It came with very little preinstalled apps, but those were Google apps that a lot of people use even if I don't.
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby But im still having the problem not being able to see my photos / videos when i plug into my lappy

Did you not look where I told you to to change the default behavior of USB connections?

Quick edit: are you on Windows 10 anniversary update?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Yeah, Hamp I think your efforts are wasted on a guy who calls his PC 'lappy'.
    Originally posted by HampTheToker Did you not look where I told you to to change the default behavior of USB connections?

Quick edit: are you on Windows 10 anniversary update?

oh my bad I missed that part I thought you were just strictly chastising me for my apps I download I'll check into it in the morning thanks for the help
    Originally posted by Dargo Yeah, Hamp I think your efforts are wasted on a guy who calls his PC 'lappy'.

whats wrong with calling it a lappy? it's short for laptop...

you just called hampthetoker, hamp... I don't see the difference..
    Originally posted by Dargo Yeah, Hamp I think your efforts are wasted on a guy who calls his PC 'lappy'.

Probably.

At least I tried, though.

I mean, I might think Bill Krozby is an irredeemable waste of oxygen and brews, but you can't say that I don't care.
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby I don't see the difference..

This defines you as a fuccboi.
Jump to Top