• 8%-12%
    0%
  • 12%-18%
    0%
  • 18%-25%
    0%
  • 25%+
    0%

What do you think the actual yearly inflation rate is?

Donald Trump Black Hole
    Everyone knows everything, especially groceries is getting way more expensive, but government statistics keep showing inflation is only 3% or so. What do you think the real inflation rate is?
    the man who put it in my hood Black Hole [miraculously counterclaim my golf]
    http://www.shadowstats.com/
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Donald Trump Everyone knows everything, especially groceries is getting way more expensive, but government statistics keep showing inflation is only 3% or so. What do you think the real inflation rate is?

Well that's overall inflation rate, it really doesn't mean anything as far as the reality goes.

Most folks direct experience with inflation is groceries/rent/interest rates/consumer goods. Groceries is the big one as anyone buying them regularly can see the inflation rate on those is EASY 30% up if not more over what it was pre-pandemic.

That 3% isn't realistic for the average joe as it encompasses things they don't really have much "contact" with.

A bit like the average wage being out of whack with what the average worker is actually getting, or the average house price etc...they tend to post the mean or median versus the mode average.

EDIT: Then there's employment/unemployment percentages, also bullshit.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    the man who put it in my hood Black Hole [miraculously counterclaim my golf]
    mfw star notes inflate in price
Jump to Top