User Controls

Why is it

Warcry Certified lover boy
    That every Reddit profile I click on from the agegap subreddit or the vent subreddit seem to say banned on it?
    the man who put it in my hood Black Hole [miraculously counterclaim my golf]
    because reddit is a piece of shit that just needs to go away and never come back. Archive nothing, delete it all
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Bradley Florida Man [my infernally top-secret etiology]
    Well they're child molesters.
    Warcry Certified lover boy
    no bro its a lot of chick profiles as well that are not safe for work so many chicks on the agegap subforums for one reason or another are perverts.
    https://searchengineland.com/microsoft-confirms-reddit-blocked-bing-search-444385

Originally posted by Warcry no bro its a lot of chick profiles as well that are not safe for work so many chicks on the agegap subforums for one reason or another are perverts.

Yeah 👍 all my Reddit accounts are 18+ and blocked or w.e and I only post on there once a year.

Trash 🗑️ 🗑️ garbage 🤬
    Microsoft confirms Reddit blocked Bing Search
    Reddit updated its robots.txt file prohibiting Bing and some other search engines from crawling its site.
    Barry Schwartz on July 24, 2024 at 8:39 pm | Reading time: 2 minutes
    Chat with SearchBot

Reddit has updated its robots.txt file, preventing Bing and many other search engines from crawling the site. “Bing stopped crawling Reddit after they implemented their updated robots.txt file on July 1, which prohibits all crawling of their site,” a Microsoft representative told Search Engine Land.

What happened. On July 1, 2024, Reddit updated its robots.txt file preventing many search engines and AI tools from crawling the site. Reddit did not prevent Google from crawling the site, despite what some people may have thought earlier this month. But Reddit did prevent most other crawlers from crawling the site.

Earlier this morning, Mark Williams-Cook notified me that Reddit results were dropping out of the Bing Search index. Then several media outlets began covering the news. I wanted to confirm that Bing’s crawlers were indeed blocked, because Reddit was using IP detection to show search engines one version of its robots.txt file and humans another version of the robots.txt file – as I explained earlier this month.

Bing has thus stopped crawling new content on Reddit, which is why when you enhancement Reddit results in Bing Search for the last week, you see nothing:
    Bing Reddit Index Last Week

Microsoft confirmed. A Microsoft spokesperson told Search Engine Land:

“We respect the robots.txt standard. Bing stopped crawling Reddit after they implemented their updated robots.txt file on July 1, which prohibits all crawling of their site.”

Reddit statement. Reddit spokesperson Tim Rathschmidt says in a statement to The Verge:

“This is not at all related to our recent partnership with Google. We have been in discussions with multiple search engines. We have been unable to reach agreements with all of them, since some are unable or unwilling to make enforceable promises regarding their use of Reddit content, including their use for AI.”

Why we care. With Reddit securing a licensing deal with Google, Reddit is able to play hardball with other search engines and AI tools. So Reddit has blocked most other search engines from crawling its content. Meanwhile, Google is driving insane traffic to Reddit these days, including testing special treatment in its search results for them.

It makes you wonder if other large websites can try to go down this route and where that might leave smaller publishers and content producers.

Meanwhile, don’t expect to see much new Reddit content being surfaced on Bing in the near future.
    What a bunch of fucking idiots

have you ever tried linking a picture from reddit to NIS? can't copy image link, can't do it on desktop either. If you zoom in the screen to print screen the picture gets SMALLER if you zoom out to make it bigger IT GETS SMALLER if you open image in new tab it opens the entire reddit thread in a new tab so they can advertise to you twice

so you have to save the picture and just use another website for hosting/linking because reddit is fucking dog water, I wouldn't water my dessert dog with it if it was the last thimble of desert dog water in the entire desert
Jump to Top