User Controls

It's impossible to find an Affordable Home now

Lanny Lanny African Astronaut
    I remember asking Wal if he wanted to go 50/50 on a condo in downtown Las vegas 2 blocks from the new Raiders camp for 120k with a 675 a month HOA

you can't even find a FUCKING lot for less than 145k in that area. a blank lot.

this was a former hotel converted into a remodeled 1 bedroom with 2 queen beds we could of walled off into two smaller bedrooms. the bedroom Suite was massive. it was at least 750-900 sq ft. the living room and kitchen was the same size. this was during Covid around 2021-2022 I think.

it's gone. Vegas real estate is going way up. it's more than doubled since then.

I'm fucked. Biden sucked the life out of us. there is no fucking way any of us will be able to afford shit unless a rich relative dies off or we invent something new or invest in the right new crypto.

there is almost a 0 chance of a catching up at this point.

I should just drink myself to death

This condo was bad ass. had 2 elevators and a a lap pool and a regular pool with hot tub and a granite kitchen. the kitchen alone was probably 30-40k to install.
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    the more property costs the more property tax the county gets from the owners every year, one of my friends up here has 4 houses and pays $26,000.00 a year in property taxes
    Bradley Florida Man [my infernally top-secret etiology]
    Who is WAL?

You should get a trailer, a double wide just like yourself.
    Have you thought about getting a van? I could see you driving around in a van.
    Originally posted by POLECAT the more property costs the more property tax the county gets from the owners every year, one of my friends up here has 4 houses and pays $26,000.00 a year in property taxes

they tend to reassess value thinking the home owners buying a more expensive house they can pay a higher percentage dollar for dollar when they can not. they're mortgaging a higher amount like every other working class grunt
    Originally posted by Bradley Who is WAL?

You should get a trailer, a double wide just like yourself.

no one calls them Trailer houses anymore. they're called Manufactured Homes. it's expensive to have a new one dumped off and buying a used one is 9 out of 10 times too trashed and weathered to fix. undeveloped land is expensive to install septic and wells (which is what I would have done but the cost wasn't worth the investment for the area and I questioned the water quality) and on top of it, Gov Newsome wants to put a new tax on Wells in California because "They're getting free water belonging to every Californian". So I plan on buying in Nevada
    the man who put it in my hood Black Hole [miraculously counterclaim my golf]
    $50k for a plot of land in the rurals but it's the property tax that will get you.

Rural is best but you need a reasonable amount of cash first. Living off sticks and twigs in the forest ain't gonna cut it

After two weeks we had a new porch and an adjoining
    bathroom. Then the two of us dug a trench to Vonray Keith's spring
    some 500 feet away. It went up and down hills, around trees and
    large boulders, through clay, limestone, and low thickets occupied by
    water moccasins and rattlesnakes. Fortunately, they were as afraid of
    us as we were of them. Stokes would curse softly when a blackberry
    vine raked his hide, or he tripped over a fallen limb, or stepped in a
    hole

Neither Stokes nor I were good at cutting and threading pipe.
    By this time the plant had purchased Charlie Stork's old Sunshine
    Laundry truck, and I used it to bring equipment and supplies. It was
    sturdy enough to carry soil pipe and terra cotta for the drainage lines.
    The truck had a defective tail pipe, so I accumulated a fair amount of
    carbon monoxide each day on my way to the lake. There I cut and
    threaded pipe under the instruction of my mentor. Later I put in soil
    lines and filled the trenches with porous boiler ash, nested in the
    terra cotta and put on a top layer of ash, or cinders as Stokes called it.
    Then I topped the trench with the same dirt I had shoveled out and
    tamped everything down with my feet

Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood $50k for a plot of land in the rurals but it's the property tax that will get you.

Rural is best but you need a reasonable amount of cash first. Living off sticks and twigs in the forest ain't gonna cut it

Yeah I wouldn't just bury a fucking camper. I would weld some metal framing around it and under it first topped by sheeting of some type and painted with some kind of foam or sealant roofing paint then place the shipping container inside.

also buy a new Container over a used one. the used ones could of carried all kinds of toxic shit or leaked and collected deadly black mold.

you want to layer plastic paint drops and then plywood with flooring on top of that. contain the original shipping containers flooring. its not just Buy a container and then furnish it.

but I planned on having a normal house above and then a cellar doing s buried shipping container for storing canned or pepper-dry foods with 20-30 year shelf life for emergencies. but eating that shit over time can cause severe stomach problems and raise blood pressure. so you need a grow room for fresh veggies and possibly fruit trees like a small dwarf orange and apple tree you can trim and keep getting fruit. possibly berries if that's doable.
    wozny aren't you dropping off value meals for money these days? how are you going to swing a quarter million dollar house?

Again, who is WAL?
    Beige you are at least 50. Why don’t you have any assets? You should be able to afford a house.
    Wozny lacks the ability to make effective long term decisions, he doesn't save and he can't really carry dreams into cohesive plans that he executes over any length of time.

I hope I don't offend you by saying this, Wozzle.

He may be old physically but he's still kinda juvenile mentally. He never developed that far for whatever reason.
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    Newsom made sure you couldn't afford a home in California and Biden is doing the same thing for the other states.
    the man who put it in my hood Black Hole [miraculously counterclaim my golf]
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    Caves are even cheaper. I'm just sayin'...
    Originally posted by Bradley Wozny lacks the ability to make effective long term decisions, he doesn't save and he can't really carry dreams into cohesive plans that he executes over any length of time.

I hope I don't offend you by saying this, Wozzle.

He may be old physically but he's still kinda juvenile mentally. He never developed that far for whatever reason.

I forgot where i posted this
Jump to Top