User Controls

How could you wire a kill switch from the fuse box?

Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    If I wanted to go in a cars fuse box and wire a kill switch to a certain one how would you do it?

Idk what fuses do. I know I have blown them touching certain wires but I asked someone about this and they said it was a good idea to do if like that because you could still put a fuse in the line 🤷‍♂️ idk why that would be beneficial but ok. I just wanted to do it this way because it doesn't alter the car in anyway that anyone could see that I did. No cutting or splicing wires.

The particular fuse isn't a regular fuse either. It's a cube with three prongs. If I get a switch with three terminals is it as simple as just sticking three wires down in there and connecting them to the switch? Maybe with the switch in the lines?
    ner vegas African Astronaut
    you could take the fuse out, intentionally overload it to burn the filament then attach a switch to the exposed terminals but why?

normally a killswitch was wired to the ignition line and hidden somewhere, don't think it's done in modern cars.

if you want to fuck with fuses why even add a switch? just pop out the ignition relay when you get out of the car and plug it in when you want to drive again
    Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by ner vegas you could take the fuse out, intentionally overload it to burn the filament then attach a switch to the exposed terminals but why?

normally a killswitch was wired to the ignition line and hidden somewhere, don't think it's done in modern cars.

if you want to fuck with fuses why even add a switch? just pop out the ignition relay when you get out of the car and plug it in when you want to drive again

What exposed terminals? The fuse is a three pronged plug type of thing. Why would you destroy the fuse?

There is something I want to be able to disable and enable while driving. There are several fuse boxes but the one I need is in the trunk. I just want something temporary and hiding it isn't a big priority. It would be nice if the fuse box was in the interior so I could just pull it in and out.
    Enigma African Astronaut [memorize my carmelite sway]
    What kinda car are you planning on doing this too? I can probably assist in some way unless it's an electric model.
Jump to Top