User Controls

Barcoding things from disgarded reciepts then returning them for full value

Okay with barcoding people seem to get caught when the store does an inventory count and things don't add up.

Like here:https://www.austindailyherald.com/2019/08/woman-allegedly-steals-almost-1800-from-walmart-by-swapping-barcodes/

To get around this,what if you used other reciepts that you find in the parking lot or straight up just ask people if they needed there reciepts.

What would be a good reason you needed the reciepts for?
    ner vegas African Astronaut
    reading that article I don't think she was returning the items to keep the difference, which would be the only time receipts would help.

sounds like she was just buying those items at a deep discount to sell on
    Originally posted by ner vegas reading that article I don't think she was returning the items to keep the difference, which would be the only time receipts would help.

sounds like she was just buying those items at a deep discount to sell on

I know that's what I said,we can use receipts to get around this.
    Originally posted by CutterLegendaryNinja I know that's what I said,we can use receipts to get around this.

how do the receipts help then?
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Problem with this is most people now pay by credit/debit card or applepay etc. The refund is then credited back to the account. Otherwise people would have been doing this just to get quick cashback from their cards years ago. Like for example when they'd maxed the ATM limit.

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I mean it would work if you found a receipt paid for with cash, but good luck finding them.

Originally posted by NARCassist I mean it would work if you found a receipt paid for with cash, but good luck finding them.

can you just print them off yourself with a thermal printer? or do most places encode shit to a barcode nowadays
    Instigator Space Nigga [the staring tame crusher]
    Speaking of codes....

Originally posted by ner vegas how do the receipts help then?

To return the items you barcoded.
    Originally posted by NARCassist Problem with this is most people now pay by credit/debit card or applepay etc. The refund is then credited back to the account. Otherwise people would have been doing this just to get quick cashback from their cards years ago. Like for example when they'd maxed the ATM limit.

Well isn't it so that if you paid with a debit card it's the same as a check or cash so you can get the money back in cash.

I believe only a credit card has to go back on the card...

Well I do returns I remember,although I admit vaguely, I always get the option of if I want cash back or back on the card.

Of course when I return the item I can just say I would like cash back.
    Originally posted by NARCassist Problem with this is most people now pay by credit/debit card or applepay etc. The refund is then credited back to the account. Otherwise people would have been doing this just to get quick cashback from their cards years ago. Like for example when they'd maxed the ATM limit.

When I went to the store to return an item, I was asked whether I wanted my refund on my card or cash. I chose to put it back on my card.

If you paid with a credit card, Walmart says it will apply your refund only to that same credit card. If you paid with a debit card, you have the option to put the refund back on the card or get cash.

https://clark.com/shopping-retail/walmart-return-policy/amp/
    Originally posted by Instigator Speaking of codes….

Huak tua

Originally posted by CutterLegendaryNinja When I went to the store to return an item, I was asked whether I wanted my refund on my card or cash. I chose to put it back on my card.

If you paid with a credit card, Walmart says it will apply your refund only to that same credit card. If you paid with a debit card, you have the option to put the refund back on the card or get cash.

https://clark.com/shopping-retail/walmart-return-policy/amp/

Ok didn't realize this, rarely return shit myself and only use card for online shopping and shit. I like cash in the real world, don't give my data to those data thieves. But still, vast majority of peeps use cc for shopping now so you'd be there all day looking for receipts dropped in car park that you could use. We used to do that years ago when people used cash more. But you find people who spend anything more than a tenner tend to be more careful with receipts in case they need to return the item themselves. Plus you'll be surprised how many are dropped in any given day, you'd be there all day looking for them.

Also what if you used a receipt and then the customer took the item back for a return? At some point I would imagine the store would figure what was going on. Then its going to be pretty easy to check cctv or watch the car park and then catch you for fraud. prolly something to be keeping in mind. Maybe go to other outlet to do the return.

What is this to do with barcoding anyway? You talking about picking up receipts, going in store, picking up that item then taking it to customer service desk? Where does the barcoding come in?

Originally posted by NARCassist What is this to do with barcoding anyway? You talking about picking up receipts, going in store, picking up that item then taking it to customer service desk? Where does the barcoding come in?

I think he's talking about the first scenario I mentioned, find an expensive item and a cheap item with the same weight

copy the barcode from the cheap item, stick it on the expensive item

buy the expensive item, return it to keep the price difference
    I feel like that'd draw even more attention if you're doing it more than once every few months though
    Enigma African Astronaut [memorize my carmelite sway]
    Yeah you can't make ea full time vocation out of this activity OP but I'm sure you realize this, you've always been fairly smart.

I read this awful story on the internet and do not endorse it:

THis is a great idea for a two person team to buy 1 high end item, per store, every few months.

You get your brother label maker to spit out a good label for a high end product, vacuum cleaner, microwave, espresso machines sometimes, you know what I'm talking about a 300-900$ item and ring it up for 13$ as a similar sounding name.

Have your girlfriend (always use girl) go in and slap the label on it. Go in there about 45 minutes later (after she leaves) and grab that item that she mislabeled. You can't always do this to the same spot and you surely can'tj do it to the same spot but in a moderately large city you could do this 10-20 times

Not bad money if you do the right item, pull the middle of each numbers given so 15 @ 600, you got 9k in goods for like 10 hours worth of work, you probably put that shit on Amazon or Ebay unused @ 75% the price and pull in like 6-7k

n if u get caught it's below 1500/2500$ (state to state) for any form of grand larceny.

ALLEGEDLY
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Enigma African Astronaut [memorize my carmelite sway]
    lol @ "Oh that retard is asking people for receipts and going through trash cans outside for receipts, now he's walking around the store and doing multiple refunds" lol
    Originally posted by ner vegas I think he's talking about the first scenario I mentioned, find an expensive item and a cheap item with the same weight

copy the barcode from the cheap item, stick it on the expensive item

buy the expensive item, return it to keep the price difference

Right gotcha, was thinking of the old couponing fred on &Z coz they usually have barcodes on these days

Originally posted by ner vegas I feel like that'd draw even more attention if you're doing it more than once every few months though

Yeah you'd have to travel and do different stores. Prolly need a motor really, better not to do this shit near where you live.

Op has already broken the biggest rule of running a great scam tho, don't fucking tell anyone. Else before you know it everyone's doing it and that just hots it up for you. If your the only one doing it, your chances of going undetected are far higher. Especially when the morons start getting involved.

Originally posted by Enigma lol @ "Oh that retard is asking people for receipts and going through trash cans outside for receipts, now he's walking around the store and doing multiple refunds" lol

Like the NARC said it's imperative to do it at different stores.
Jump to Top