User Controls

I'm going to start making my own kefir

Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    I like to make jokes about Lindsey Zywiciel but lately I've been sperging like her about probiotic foods watching Dr Berg.

I've been feementing kombucha, and now I'm going to start doing my own kefir. It's the same idea with kombucha. You mix the cultures in with milk like you do with the kombucha with tea and water but the kefir only has to ferment for like a day.

It's pretty expensive and I'm going to making gallons of it. I think it's supposed to increase testosterone? I know my balls get huge when I'm drinking it but it could be a number of things that I'm doing at the same time.

Oh and sauerkraut.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    The kombucha is expensive too and you can save money doing that on your own. You can make the scoby with kombucha you buy. Nearly impossible to get drunk from but I'm in healthy mode rn anyway.
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Good idea. I've been meaning to do this. I've heard for real kefir you need to find the actual live kefir grains. Apparently the dried product lacks the ability to properly reproduce itself.
    Originally posted by Donald Trump Good idea. I've been meaning to do this. I've heard for real kefir you need to find the actual live kefir grains. Apparently the dried product lacks the ability to properly reproduce itself.

All I did was pour a cup into an almost full jug of milk like I saw in a video. I will tell you how it goes.

Same with the kombucha. All these people talk about buying the scoby but you can just pour some of kombucha from the store in a cup and cover it and it will turn into a scoby. Then you just make some sweet tea and toss it in there and do it over again. I think people make things unnecessarily complicated a lot of times.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    And it's the same thing here.
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Let us know how it works.
    Originally posted by Donald Trump Let us know how it works.

So update:

I did two gallons more or less. The original video said 70 degrees was fine for at least 24 hours. I read other stuff saying it shouldn't be less than 75 so I left it outside in the shade off and on.

Before I started putting it outside it had a thick consistency you want. After leaving it in warmer outside temperature it started separating. After 24 hours I chilled one and left one out on the bar for another night. The one I chilled and drank wasn't as sour as the stuff in the store which I like. It was a little sour, but also had a milk taste to it I didn't like. I blended it and this got out the clumps though and it had the normal thick consistency.

The other one that was left out 2 nights and one day is really separated but will be fine when I blend it before I chill it. I haven't tasted it but it has a much more kefiry smell to it. So I would say 2 nights and one day at room temp is good. I think higher than that is what gets it to separate more than the amount of time it's left out. Next time I'm thinking about adding in yogurt too just because it has different cultures. Yogurt has a slightly different smell though so idk how good that will be.
Jump to Top