User Controls

Mind uploading, autism and the economy

Dirtbag African Astronaut
    I asked Bing if it's possible that one day people could upload their minds to the Internet so that these digital selves can work for the person and earn an income for them. I was asking because there's work I want to do but autism makes it highly stressful with the sensory issues and being nocturnal/getting overwhelmed. But if my mind was uploaded I wouldn't have problems with the work. Do you think this could happen in future? Do you think criminals will try to steal others online selves to work for them?

"Mind uploading, as it is often called, involves the hypothetical process of scanning a brain to capture a detailed map of its structure and function, then emulating this information on a computer to create a digital version of one’s consciousness1. This concept is still in the realm of science fiction and philosophical debate, with substantial challenges both technically and ethically23.

Similarly, the idea of merging human consciousness with AI involves significant philosophical and technical questions. Some researchers are exploring the potential of AI systems that could interact with human brain functions or even extend human cognitive capabilities45. However, these concepts are still in the early stages of research and far from being realized as practical applications.

As for the notion of a digital consciousness being able to work and potentially earn an income, this raises further questions about the nature of work, value creation, and the legal and ethical implications of such a scenario. Currently, there is no mechanism by which a digital consciousness could legally work or be compensated, as this would require a redefinition of legal personhood and employment."
    Dirtbag African Astronaut
    I can see the government forcing people to have their minds uploaded.
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Even in the event we develop the technology to "upload our consciousness" to an Internet-based avatar, that digital copy of ourselves would still not be us. It would be a form of AI using our mapped brain to behave in ways that the AI believes the "real us" would behave. It would be a representation of our real selves, using AI to "fill in the blanks" so to speak.

I do think that we will one day be able to achieve that, but as far as uploading our true selves (our consciousness, soul, whatever you wanna call it, etc) to live as we are now but inside computer code rather than our physical bodies, I think is impossible.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Instigator Space Nigga [the staring tame crusher]
    Can't wait for this
    Gonna be so good to be shit at everything for all eternity.
    ner vegas African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Grimace Even in the event we develop the technology to "upload our consciousness" to an Internet-based avatar, that digital copy of ourselves would still not be us. It would be a form of AI using our mapped brain to behave in ways that the AI believes the "real us" would behave. It would be a representation of our real selves, using AI to "fill in the blanks" so to speak.

I do think that we will one day be able to achieve that, but as far as uploading our true selves (our consciousness, soul, whatever you wanna call it, etc) to live as we are now but inside computer code rather than our physical bodies, I think is impossible.

we can't even quantify consciousness yet, considering copying or transferring it in the near future is premature to say the least
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    the man who put it in my hood Black Hole [miraculously counterclaim my golf]
    I know how to do this
Jump to Top