User Controls

Poll: Yes

The use of human shields in the art of war should be encouraged?

Instigator Naturally Camouflaged [the staring tame crusher]
    Bradley Florida Man
    I agree with it in some sense and find it fully okay in some scenarios. For instance, when the US were bombing the shit out of the Japanese, why didn't they place the top floor of all military installations as POW camps
    Yes you can bomb my barracks but the first people you kill will be all of your countrymen on the top floor, also makes escape impossible.

Now like how the Muslims use occupied schools and churches to fire rockets from/stock pile weapons in, thato's understandable as it's the tallest building in the area and the west is really reluctant to destroy them.

Now supergluing someone's grandmother to the front of your tank so they won't shoot at it, okay that's pretty fucked up.
    Bradley Florida Man
    But it all depends who you're fighting and how sophisticated your weapons are.

If you're a bunch of angry religious zealots with limited funds and even more limited munitions you gotta cut a lot of corners that the enemy doesn't have to in asymmetric warfare
    trippymindfuk African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Bradley I agree with it in some sense and find it fully okay in some scenarios. For instance, when the US were bombing the shit out of the Japanese, why didn't they place the top floor of all military installations as POW camps
    Yes you can bomb my barracks but the first people you kill will be all of your countrymen on the top floor, also makes escape impossible.

Now like how the Muslims use occupied schools and churches to fire rockets from/stock pile weapons in, thato's understandable as it's the tallest building in the area and the west is really reluctant to destroy them.

Now supergluing someone's grandmother to the front of your tank so they won't shoot at it, okay that's pretty fucked up.

From the title I took it as human shields meaning a front line of friendly soldiers. Using POW's from enemy soldiers is a pretty good tactic.
    ner vegas African Astronaut
    humans don't make good shields
Jump to Top