User Controls

If you could snap your fingers and learn any language in the world...

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Which language would it be? It can even be a made up one, but it has to have the equivalent of an betabet and grammar. So fake languages are allowed as long as they are linguistically sound, for lack of a better word.

I would pick Sindarin or Quenya being the nerd that i am. If you know what Sindarin is without googling bonus points for you. I just like how it sounds and flows, it's pretty.

How about you?
    chinese
    Originally posted by Actor chinese

Why Chinese specifically?
    I was just thinking about this today, coincidentally. I'd choose Spanish.
    Originally posted by Dargo I was just thinking about this today, coincidentally. I'd choose Spanish.

Spanish is pretty easy to learn. But maybe not so much if you natively speak Russian.
    Originally posted by Sophie Spanish is pretty easy to learn. But maybe not so much if you natively speak Russian.

THE FUCKING LITTLE WORDS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

What's the hardest part about Dutch, by the way?
    Originally posted by Dargo THE FUCKING LITTLE WORDS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

What's the hardest part about Dutch, by the way?

Probably the way we structure sentences. And the G sound.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    bom dia, i started learning portuguese in jail. gonna crack on with it now im out. considering moving to brazil at some point, get the fuck away from this shitty nanny surveillance state bullshit. its getting worse here by the week man.
    Originally posted by NARCassist bom dia, i started learning portuguese in jail. gonna crack on with it now im out. considering moving to brazil at some point, get the fuck away from this shitty nanny surveillance state bullshit. its getting worse here by the week man.

I don't doubt it, UK really does sound like an Orwellian place in many regards. In your experience, is Portuguese hard to learn?
    Originally posted by Sophie I don't doubt it, UK really does sound like an Orwellian place in many regards. In your experience, is Portuguese hard to learn?

not really altho i only done a little. the library had a cd/book thing. before i left i put it back then pinched the book back. i must get round to digging it out again.
    Originally posted by NARCassist not really altho i only done a little. the library had a cd/book thing. before i left i put it back then pinched the book back. i must get round to digging it out again.

You should, learning new skills and languages is fun.
    Originally posted by Sophie I don't doubt it, UK really does sound like an Orwellian place in many regards. In your experience, is Portuguese hard to learn?

We have the #1 surveillance state in the world.

At least we're winning at something
    Originally posted by Sophie You should, learning new skills and languages is fun.

i will, just getting out has put it on a back burner atm.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    Yeah chinese would probably be the most useful,they're gonna be bigger than anyone in the coming years.

I wish everyone spoke english though.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I'd honestly do a bit of research and choose whichever one could be most profitable to me as a translator.

As far as which one I'd just purely like to be able to speak, I would also go with Chinese, assuming that I automatically know how to write all those characters sooper fast as well. That shit's fucking badass m8lyn.
    chinese
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Why the fuck did I say 'I'd honestly do a bit of research'? I didn't need to say honestly. I'm fucking stupid.
    The African. Clicking ome
    Danish and Protuguese are the hardest to learn.. but serve no real purpose at this point (unless the economy changes in their favore)

I would say Manderin Chinese and perhaps Cantonese

French would be nice

And Russian.

But before I can learn French, it is recommended I learn Spanish. I am not in it for the romance sake.. otherwise I would learn Italian.

I think French will become a business language needed as Mandarin.

Perhaps Russian.. but that's last on the list.
    icelandic is hardest to learn.
Jump to Top