User Controls

Direwolf-enstein 2D

Broseph Stalin Yung Blood
    Hey it’s a long shot, but any youn’s fuck around with packet radio or any cool RF projects or somesuch? Have been trying to set up a HF/VHF to internet interface and gotta admit, the shit is almost above my paygrade. Still trying to get more betterer computersmorts and learn Linux and stuffs.
    Figured it’s worth an ask to my fave anonymous group of kind (yet firm and in control) speed-freaks, sex-perverts, and terminal-shitbirds.
    Iron Ree African Astronaut [my flyspeck near-blind refund]
    only when I'm on meth

Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood If the grid goes down you can have packet radio internet connect to a serverless website or something. There is no reason it should require an active 24/7 internet connection that breaks if you press f5 and your ISP goes down (happens to me all the time when i'm writing posts)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiris_(software)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNUnet
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic_routing

It should just cache and store it and then when it comes back up send my POST as a PACKET and when it READS the new threads i see 5 new threads and click it and then WOOPS IT BREAKS MY ISP IS DOWN how about it doesn't do that and I read and respond to them AND IT GETS THE PACKET READY and then when it comes back it loads the new threads

BBS's figured this out long ago. It's not a problem with this site its a problem with the layout of the internet itself and how computers are built nowadays to just fist fuck you with 10gb of streaming ads to load a dancing cat that tracks your eyeball and heart rate instead of just good technology, because they are kikes

also you should be able to send it through radios and lights pointed at the sky. Imagine using a christmas tree lights as a modem fuys

LI-FI iS REAL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li-Fi
    Broseph Stalin Yung Blood
    Fair enough. That may be what I’m lacking.

^ So you can touch a grass or your fingers or a hotdog to a 15,000 watt AM transmitter pole and it will play the sound like a radio speaker?

My question is can't this theory be used to use AM radio like a dialup modem for internet? like you fry your hotdog and I fry my tree but we phone each other on radios at the same time and have them "handshake" and be able to transmit data

https://www.jeffgeerling.com/blog/2024/talking-hot-dog-gives-new-meaning-ham-radio
    https://hackaday.com/2020/04/16/a-dangerous-demonstration-of-the-power-of-radio/

Terrestrial radio may be a dying medium, but there are still plenty of listeners out there. What would a commute to or from work be without a check of “Traffic on the Eights” to see if you need to alter your route, or an update of the scores from yesterday’s games? Getting that signal out to as many listeners as possible takes a lot of power, and this dangerous yet fascinating demo shows just how much power there is on some radio towers.

Coming to us by way of a reddit post, the short video clips show a crew working on a 15,000-Watt AM radio tower. They appear to be preparing to do tower maintenance, which means de-energizing the antenna. As the engineer explains, antennas for AM radio stations in the medium-wave band are generally the entire tower structure, as opposed to the towers for FM and TV stations, which generally just loft the antenna as high as possible above the landscape. The fun starts when the crew disconnects a jumper and an arc forms across the clamp and the antenna feed. The resulting ball of plasma acts like a speaker, letting us clearly hear the programming on the station. It’s like one of the plasma speakers we’ve seen before, albeit exceptionally more dangerous.

It’s an impressive display of the power coursing through broadcast towers, and a vivid reminder to not mess with them. Such warnings often go unheeded, sadly, with the young and foolish paying the price. There’s a reason they put fences up around radio towers, after all.

Okay maybe not since the signal isn't being transmitted through grass like I thought but instead some shit about ionizing plasma. LAME, NEVERMIND I THOUGHT I FOUND SOMETHING COOL

Murai asserted that plasma could be created outside the laboratory.
    “Plasma can be generated at the intersection of microwaves coming from three directions. To use it effectively to generate plasma at any point on the Earth it should be designed so that it can be deployed from space, that is, from artificial satellites…. There is a high possibility that a plasma weapon is actually in place.”
    His immediate concern was to protect Aum from the new class of weapons. He said he suspected that Asahara’s driver had been targeted with laser “blinding” weapons (and sustained some eye damage), in an attempt to assassinate the Guru. Murai designed reflective, enhancementing goggles to protect the driver. He noted the health effects of EM, and was also working on developing aluminum coated Mylar for protective coating against electromagnetic radiation.

His goal was to produce a see-through metallic net against electromagnetism for Asahara limousine. Iron nets, however, he cautioned create plasma, and even copper nets created some microplasma and tended to melt because of electrical resistance. Murai finally admits the only real protection against EM beams and lasers would be a magnetic shield.

What this radio discussion does is provide some insights into his research work—and the related technical problems—at Kobe Steel and later as Aum’s science chief possibly conducting under contract with foundations financed by Japan’s science ministry and major corporations. The cold molding experiments in Kobe Steel’s waterfront lab probably used three convergent microwave beams. But the crystalline structure may not have always collapsed into a cold melt.

At high energy levels, they may have created plasma powerful enough to destroy the steel molecules and cause havoc in the lab. Because of the harmful effects of radiation on the human body, Murai and his colleagues probably tried to shield the experiments inside a magnetic sphere to prevent a potential plasma discharge, which could have easily killed someone. He must have succeeded, as massive electromagnetic disturbances were reported in the ionosphere above Kobe during the six months before the Hanshin Earthquake.

In 1994, the New York chapter of Aum contacted the Tesla Society, based in that city, to gain access to Nikola Tesla’s patents and designs. In January 1995, Aum sent six members of a Japan Tesla Society it inaugurated to the Tesla Museum in Belgrade to seek out his notebooks. The Croatian Serb inventor (1856-1943) is, of course, a legend, not least for the fact that he reputedly caused an artificial earthquake in Manhattan and Colorado and for his boasting that he could split the Earth like an apple.

He also invented the radio before Marconi, created AC electrical current and transformed Westinghouse Corp. from a manufacturer of pumps into a giant of the electrical industry. Thomas Edison feared his genius and mounted highly unethical media campaigns to destroy Tesla’s reputation—which the curmudgeon partially succeeded in doing, though Tesla’s inventions powered Westinghouse into the 20th century.

Despite his penchant for dramatic stunts—like casting massive bolts of artificial lightning and illuminating lightbulbs from miles away without wires Tesla’s theories were based on intimations that the Earth—a spinning ball of iron repelling with its electromagnetic field the lethal tides of the solar wind—is a massive electromagnet that ceaselessly creates power of unimaginable proportions. This latent power, he knew, could be tapped without great technical difficulty to give humankind nearly unlimited power for peaceful uses or for the most diabolical warfare.

what the fuck can you do with playing sound from ionized air? Nothing
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    I used to play so much Wolfenstein Enemy Territory on my shitty old desktop PC in the 2000s, wrecked so many people with my adrenaline-needle medic class.
Jump to Top