User Controls

John Flap

DUSM Raylan Givens Tuskegee Airman
    The creator of Flappy Bird was literally called "Dong Nguyen" lmao
    Iron Ree African Astronaut [my flyspeck near-blind refund]
    that guy is such a fucking faggot retard

Indie developer Dong Nguyen has broken his silence following the sudden removal of his popular Flappy Bird game recently. In an interview with Forbes, Nguyen says the game was originally designed to be played "when you are relaxed." However, the notoriously difficult game, created in mid-2013, rose to fame recently, with some social network and YouTube users pointing out comically just how frustrating it is to navigate Mario-style pipes with a pixelated bird. "But it happened to become an addictive product. I think it has become a problem," explains Nguyen. To solve that, Nguyen removed the app last weekend, and he notes "it’s gone forever."

The popularity of the game, which Nguyen revealed to The Verge generates on average $50,000 per day from in-app ads, appears to have had its negatives. "My life has not been as comfortable as I was before," says Nguyen. "I couldn’t sleep." Forbes reports that Nguyen has spent the last few days internet-free and resting up, while also suddenly meeting Vietnam’s deputy prime minister ahead of the publication's interview. Despite the time for reflection, Nguyen doesn’t believe the sudden removal of the game was a mistake. "I have thought it through," he explains.

yeah okay pal it would only take a 12 year old a few hours to make a clone version that's probably better than your piece of shit game that's not original at all and has existed as long as computers. I remember playing flappy bird when I was six years old except back then everyone called it "the battletoads surfing level" or "that one weird PC game where you press space bar to move up or down and avoid the upcoming obstacles" real fucking original

"it's gone forever can't play it anymore"

stupid fucking chink retard
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Just because you made $50k a day doesn't make you original at all it just means he had good timing making a mobile version of the game on the apple store in 2013. The idea that this loser can "pull the plug" on such a basic gameplay concept is fucking laughable and he will never make a penny in the industry EVER again
    Instigator Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Iron Ree Just because you made $50k a day doesn't make you original at all it just means he had good timing making a mobile version of the game on the apple store in 2013. The idea that this loser can "pull the plug" on such a basic gameplay concept is fucking laughable and he will never make a penny in the industry EVER again

This was on miniclip.com when I was 14.
    Originally posted by Instigator This was on miniclip.com when I was 14.

Jokes on you pal, a vietnamese rice farmer named "Dong Nguyen" that made an iphone version of that game says it's too addictive, you are no longer allowed to play "his creation" because you will get angry and not properly enjoy his relaxing game that he painstakingly spent his life crafting and made millions of dollars from.

It's just like when an artist paints the mona lisa and then destroys it in a fit of rage. Truly we will never play the original OG flappy bird ever again and i'm sure nobody saved the APK and hacked it to be played for free with no ads offline or anything. ITS GONE FOREVER
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top