User Controls

Watercooling Setup Plans

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Given what the cost came to I probably won't be doing this anytime soon, but eh.

Parts list:

Layout:

Anyone familiar with custom loops - is there a disadvantage to that setup? I haven't been able to find any examples of people splitting the the line between two waterblocks; they all seem to do it in serial, first into the CPU then into the GPU or vice versa before routing out to the radiator.

I imagine there would be less water pressure since it's split in half, but it stands to reason that lower temperatures could be maintained because the liquid only passes through one waterblock (as opposed to two) before being re-cooled.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Let me study fluid dynamics real quick and i'll get back to you.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I've never set one up, but they are badass. I don't think I'll ever need one though. A guy I work with was telling me about his. Are they only for hardcore gamers or is there any other uses for them?
    Originally posted by SBTlauien I've never set one up, but they are badass. I don't think I'll ever need one though. A guy I work with was telling me about his. Are they only for hardcore gamers or is there any other uses for them?

Could probably use one if you wanna OC your GPU to crack hashes as well.
    nobody feasibly *needs* a custom loop.

in terms of actual benefits it's near-silent because the only fan that's running is at the radiator and it can afford to run a lot slower than an intake fan, and the extra cooling would probably help if you were heaps into overclocking.

for me personally it's mostly just a project/aesthetic thing, but in a practical sense my GPU runs extremely hot when you push it and it's a mini-ITX setup so cooling options are limited. I currently have a sealed one-piece CPU watercooler, but that doesn't help the GPU at all. there's a 120mm fan below it but it doesn't really seem to help all that much.
    cerakote African Astronaut
    tfw cable spaghetti
    mine's pretty neat so far, I posted a picture somewhere before but I'll take another when I get home
    bling bling Dark Matter
    35 milion $% for 2 inch of plastic tube
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!

I've bought the GPU waterblock, instead of doing a split I'm now thinking of doing it in series, but using two radiators - water flows from the pump into a radiator, then to the GPU, then another radiator to be recooled, then to the CPU, then back to the pump.

goddamnit.
    Originally posted by aldra

I've bought the GPU waterblock, instead of doing a split I'm now thinking of doing it in series, but using two radiators - water flows from the pump into a radiator, then to the GPU, then another radiator to be recooled, then to the CPU, then back to the pump.

Your rig is so pretty i wanna date it.
    Instead of watercooling it like a doof just run liquid nitrogen through it instead.
    Originally posted by Sophie Your rig is so pretty i wanna date it.

will take photos when it's all done, but:

for watercooling I'm using phanteks waterblocks:

considering 2-3 FrozenQ reservoirs:

white lighting, and I'm waiting on some arctic camo paracord to come in so I can re-sleeve the cables:
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Man your computer stuff looks so cool.
    Originally posted by aldra will take photos when it's all done, but:

for watercooling I'm using phanteks waterblocks:

considering 2-3 FrozenQ reservoirs:

white lighting, and I'm waiting on some arctic camo paracord to come in so I can re-sleeve the cables:

Hnngg.
    First attempt at sleeving:

getting the pins out was a nightmare but I have a system now so it shouldn't be so bad in the future. It'll still take a while and I'm fucking dreading the 24pin connector...
    Came in here to say I have no idea what any of this is but it looks pretty badass
    GPU cables sleeved:

still need to do the 24pin...
    bling bling Dark Matter
    u can buy cheap corsair super power fan on ebay if ur lucky i go mine for like 7£
    bling bling Dark Matter
    3mm h2o flow
Jump to Top