User Controls

💼 Starting my Better Call Saul arc - Becoming a Legal Aid / Lawyer ⚖️

Ghost Black Hole
    aesthetics I am going for; Lionel Hutz, Cocobolo Desks, Better Call Saul office in closet, ChatGPT Lawyer, Legal Eagle, the lawyer from THE WIRE, harvey birdman
    Please help me move this heavy lawyer desk out from the back of this nail salon and into my fancy new office

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/jr/aid-aide/2021/infograph.html

In Ontario, legal aides or legal assistants who do not hold a license from the Law Society of Ontario (LSO) are generally limited to performing administrative and support tasks in a legal setting. The key is to avoid engaging in activities that require legal expertise or the provision of legal advice, as those activities are typically reserved for licensed professionals such as lawyers and paralegals. Here are some common tasks that legal aides without a license may perform:

Administrative Support:
    Drafting and formatting legal documents under the supervision of licensed professionals.
    Managing and organizing legal files.
    Answering phones, scheduling appointments, and handling general correspondence.

Research:
    Conducting basic legal research under the guidance and supervision of a licensed professional.

Client Interaction:
    Interacting with clients to collect and relay non-legal information.
    Providing general information about legal processes and procedures (without offering legal advice).

Court Assistance:
    Assisting with administrative tasks related to court filings and procedures.
    Coordinating court appearances and managing scheduling.

Document Preparation:
    Preparing routine legal documents (e.g., filling out forms) under supervision.

It's crucial to note that legal aides must work under the supervision of licensed professionals, such as lawyers or paralegals, and they should not engage in activities that involve the practice of law without a license. This includes providing legal advice, representing clients in court, or making legal decisions.

Additionally, the scope of tasks that can be performed without a license may vary, and it's advisable to seek guidance from the Law Society of Ontario or legal professionals to ensure compliance with current regulations and requirements. If you are considering a career as a legal aide, staying informed about relevant legal regulations and seeking guidance from experienced professionals is essential.

here I am, this is it I am a big shoot now and relaxing after a hard day of legal work
    Buff Billy African Astronaut
    I am recently inspired to continue this arc after learning about recent hot single free speech martyrs in my local area

Originally posted by mlkjhg

" FOLLOWING THE VIDEO OF ANTI ((( ☭ ✡ KI👺KE ✡ ☭ ))) DISSIDENT Leslie BORY WAS ARRESTED 2 DAYS AFTER > IS SINCE 13 FEB 2023 A POLITICAL PRISONER IN J.E.W.I.S.H COMMUNIST NIGGER SHITHOLE AKA CANADA !!!!! "
    https://goyimtv.com/v/2515809942/Canadian-free-speech-tortured-political-prisoner-Leslie-Bory-names-the-jedi-invaders-from-Ontario-

https://odysee.com/@wolverine151:2/Leslie_Bory_Unruled:0

https://www.bitchute.com/video/mP7486G2zJWO/

https://cafe.nfshost.com/?p=9303

https://freespeechmonika.com/leslie-bory-25000-bullets-for-wife-and-country/
    \\

and mr bum tickler

I believe these men are not getting fair legal representation. I will dedicate myself to being the "clean man" a true free speech lawyer like that skitzo guy in florida that represents all the bitcoin people and wears american flag ties. Except I will wear Canadian flag ties.

It's been like a few months since I made this thread. Can I be a lawyer yet? From what I remember according to the law you just have to get a fax machine and you can basically become a legal aid without a license. I'm gonna go that route
    Fax something interesting toll free to 1-855-330-1239 or 1-213-294-2943
    Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Ghost aesthetics I am going for; Lionel Hutz, Cocobolo Desks, Better Call Saul office in closet, ChatGPT Lawyer, Legal Eagle, the lawyer from THE WIRE, harvey birdman
    Please help me move this heavy lawyer desk out from the back of this nail salon and into my fancy new office

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/jr/aid-aide/2021/infograph.html

In Ontario, legal aides or legal assistants who do not hold a license from the Law Society of Ontario (LSO) are generally limited to performing administrative and support tasks in a legal setting. The key is to avoid engaging in activities that require legal expertise or the provision of legal advice, as those activities are typically reserved for licensed professionals such as lawyers and paralegals. Here are some common tasks that legal aides without a license may perform:

Administrative Support:
    Drafting and formatting legal documents under the supervision of licensed professionals.
    Managing and organizing legal files.
    Answering phones, scheduling appointments, and handling general correspondence.

Research:
    Conducting basic legal research under the guidance and supervision of a licensed professional.

Client Interaction:
    Interacting with clients to collect and relay non-legal information.
    Providing general information about legal processes and procedures (without offering legal advice).

Court Assistance:
    Assisting with administrative tasks related to court filings and procedures.
    Coordinating court appearances and managing scheduling.

Document Preparation:
    Preparing routine legal documents (e.g., filling out forms) under supervision.

It's crucial to note that legal aides must work under the supervision of licensed professionals, such as lawyers or paralegals, and they should not engage in activities that involve the practice of law without a license. This includes providing legal advice, representing clients in court, or making legal decisions.

Additionally, the scope of tasks that can be performed without a license may vary, and it's advisable to seek guidance from the Law Society of Ontario or legal professionals to ensure compliance with current regulations and requirements. If you are considering a career as a legal aide, staying informed about relevant legal regulations and seeking guidance from experienced professionals is essential.

here I am, this is it I am a big shoot now and relaxing after a hard day of legal work

I don't think lawyers like that exist. They're usually sticks in the mud. Worse a lot of them were even prosecutors and you never know if they're working with them to fuck you over.
    I think i'm technically an amateur legal aid now. I will be contacting the law society for further instruction on what to do next. I think I need to find a practice and work their fax machine and mail room JSUT LIKE IN BETTER CALL SAUL OH MY GOD IM DOERING IT!!!

In Ontario, legal aides or legal assistants who do not hold a license from the Law Society of Ontario (LSO) are generally limited to performing administrative and support tasks in a legal setting. The key is to avoid engaging in activities that require legal expertise or the provision of legal advice,

So basically I don't have to do anything? I think this is the right career path for me.
    I typed in "legal aid jobs" on the job search website and the results were not good. No Mail room law firm positions. It's all community outreach shit, this isn't gonna be easy

Qualifications

Knowledge and understanding of the complexities of drug use, homelessness, violence and mental health for the population;
    Ability to bring an intersectional feminist, trauma-informed and anti-racist/anti-oppressive approach to supporting women, trans, 2-spirit and non-binary people who use drugs and experience homelessness;
    Ability to intervene in overdose and drug poisoning crisis situations and willing to learn how to respond in a drug induced crisis situation - through administering oxygen, Naloxone, CPR and working with Emergency Responders;
    Understanding of what it means to support program participants through a low-barrier and non-judgmental approach;
    Demonstrated capacity for accurate documentation, collaboration with an interdisciplinary team and strong oral, written and listening skills;
    Willingness to learn and be adaptable as the pilot program develops and evolves;
    Demonstrated ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment;
    Knowledge of community services, resources, and strong advocacy skills is considered an asset;
    Must have a current Criminal Record Judicial Matters Police check or willingness to obtain at own cost;
    Must have current Standard First Aid and CPR certificate or willingness to obtain at own cost;
    Ability to work overnight shifts on weekdays and/or weekends;
    Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset.
    The roles I mentioned generally do not require a paralegal or legal license, and they are suitable for individuals who are still in the process of obtaining their education or license. Here’s a bit more detail on each:
    Legal Administrative Assistant

License Required: No
    Education Requirements: High school diploma; some roles may prefer candidates with legal administration coursework or certificates.

Law Clerk

Education Requirements: Completion or ongoing enrollment in a law clerk diploma program is often required, but entry-level positions may be available to current students.

Legal Receptionist

Education Requirements: High school diploma; strong organizational and communication skills are essential.

Court Clerk

Education Requirements: Varies; typically a combination of education and experience in a legal setting. A law clerk diploma or related coursework can be beneficial.

Legal Intern or Volunteer

Education Requirements: Typically part of a formal internship program through an educational institution or arranged independently. Volunteering may have minimal requirements and is open to students.

Document Reviewer

Education Requirements: Generally requires attention to detail and some familiarity with legal documents, which can be gained through coursework or practical experience.

These roles are designed to provide valuable experience and are accessible to individuals who are working towards their legal qualifications. They do not require you to be a licensed paralegal or lawyer, allowing you to gain hands-on experience in the legal field while completing your education and licensing requirements.
Jump to Top