User Controls

Potato Guns are illegal in Australia (and Canada)

Ghost Black Hole
    I gotta move

https://www.reddit.com/r/AusLegal/comments/13domos/are_spud_guns_legal_in_nsw/

It depends on the type of "Spud Gun". If it's using a full potato and lift/projectile charge method such as a flammable gases like Butane or Hairspray then it's almost certainly illegal. If it's a commercial toy that uses tiny bits of potato and a rubber band type then it's generally legal assuming it's got an orange tip required by law etc.

Compressed air is a bit of a grey area because a full potato could be "fatal" at close enough range however it's generally not a "firearm" because confetti cannons etc use the same methods but the projectile is very different. It allows depends on the type of cannon. Something that cannot be held like a gun and pointed at someone is going to be different from something that is more like a Tshirt gun which is a restricted device in NSW.

Ultimately it's going to be dependent on the police officers if they believe it meets the standard of a firearm and the magistrate if you'd get that far. If in doubt I'd suggest that you try to keep it as legal as possible and stick to toy style Spud Guns.

ner vegas African Astronaut
    everything is illegal in australia
    Ghost Black Hole
    I think they are more illegal here which makes no sense because according to the explosives act I can set off gunpowder perfectly legally as long as I do it safely
    Bradley Black Hole
    in america, non felons can just make a cannon and fire cannon balls with compressed gun powder and a blasting cap legally.
    Instigator Space Nigga
    Least you can suck a dead dingos dick if you wanted.
    Ghost Black Hole
    oi me bloody spears are outlawed under the "sharp stick act" fucking cunts

Jump to Top