User Controls

Updating Chinese Traditional Medicine for the Modern World with evidence based research

Ghost Black Hole
    I have little to no understanding of traditional chinese medicine but I have noticed some similarities like their use of certain oils to treat things like tooth pain and that can be proven with evidence based research. So it can't all be bullshit, right?

There is something like 13,000 different medicines in the entire Chinese Traditional Medicine textbooks. A lot of these are considered holistic pseudoscience with zero evidence that they do anything, yet they remain profitable for unlicensed producers to sell to the market which demands them.

This is different than "big pharma" which is highly regulated every step of the process. This is also a BILLION dollar industry entirely held up by rural chinese farmer "mom and pop meth lab" cooks that farm bear bile and bird nests for medicinal purposes.

I believe these manufacturers are just as corrupt as "big pharma" despite these differences and the reason their medicine has no evidence or RESEARCH is the same reasons western medicine isn't perfect, it's because they make more money keeping you sick and treating you forever. A cured patient is a customer lost forever.

this is my plan to update and enhance traditional chinese medicine

I believe the Chinese have overlooked a lot of potential traditional medicine avenues like essential oils, microdosing and other such things.
    Can I crack the secrets of TCM? (Traditional Chinese Medicine) They don't even know about stuff like ergot grasses so I think it's possible
    Charles Ex Machina African Astronaut
    its actually one of the university major.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Imagine going to school for fake medicine lmao
    ja, like political sciences.
    Bradley Black Hole
    I've always wanted to get more into Ginkgo Balboa for it's smartening properties
    Instigator Space Nigga
    My cock grew when I put tiger balm on it.
    Bradley Black Hole
    u should learn how to do acupuncture to eliminate ailments in HTS and post the results
    Ghost Black Hole
    If any of their medical practices are fake I would think it's acupuncture but I could be wrong.

It seems like total quack medicine to me.
    Originally posted by Ghost If any of their medical practices are fake I would think it's acupuncture but I could be wrong.

It seems like total quack medicine to me.

i'll tell you whats faker.

accupuncture that introduces M-R-N-A into ones body to induce some viruse fighting chi.
    EduCaTional CATastropHE African Astronaut
    Plants produce a lot of different chemicals and have coexisted with humans for a really long time. I can't name an example off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure there are probably many instances where there is credible evidence some of it works.

Plus placebo itself can be pretty strong from what I hear.

Probably a lot of shit people buy or partake in doesn't actually do anything or does so little that it doesn't matter, but people just like doing things because it's like a social thing or placebo. Just look at the bodybuilding/fitness industry and the supplements they sell, that shits probably all fake except for vitamins and protein and that shit is way better for you in food anyways
    im sure with proper analysis and deeper understanding of cell and molecular biology we will eventually realize the real benefits of consuming rhino horns.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Charles Ex Machina im sure with proper analysis and deeper understanding of cell and molecular biology we will eventually realize the real benefits of consuming rhino horns.

Well it's mostly creatine so it's probably not entirely bullshit
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Ghost Well it's mostly creatine so it's probably not entirely bullshit

i wonder whose horn were those.
    Ghost Black Hole
    https://www.nature.com/articles/srep36027
    Abstract
    The use of endangered animal products in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and other ethno-medicines is culturally widespread across many regions of Asia. In the present study, traditional efficacies of seven types of animal horn including antipyretic, sedative and procoagulant activities were evaluated. Shotgun proteomic analysis was performed on material from horns following separation into soluble and insoluble fractions. Over 200 proteins were identified in each sample using nano LC-MS/MS, and these were classified according to their molecular function and cellular component using principal component analysis (PCA). The results indicated that seven horns showed antipyretic, sedative and procoagulant effect. Proteomic analysis showed that YH and WBH were similar to RH in terms of protein profile, and GH was similar to SAH. In addition, YH and GH were similar to RH in their cellular component classification profile. PCA based on the composition of keratin and keratin-associated proteins showed that constituents of WBH and GH were similar to RH and SAH, respectively. This is the first analysis of the protein content of animal horns used in TCM, and it is effective to substitute the horn of endangered animals with sustainable alternatives from domestic animals.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Bro

Do you think humans evolved over time consuming shit like rhino horns and meat or creatine from a bright blue plastic bottle they bought in a GNC? The thread topic is already being done and has for a long time. Traditional shit doesn't get researched as much because people don't pay for it. Shit like a new brand of creatine does get researched so they can use the results to sell their product and claim there is "no evidence" the traditional sources work. But saying something has no evidence to support it is meaningless if you've never actually checked. It's just something they use to obfuscate the true situation
    Like how they keep driving new opioids from poppy plants and claiming the new ones are not addictive or safer when anyone who knows anything about almost anything knows that's not even possible lol

But they just keep doing it because really people don't give a shit and some fools are getting rich as fuck off of it
    Originally posted by Ghost https://www.nature.com/articles/srep36027

Also there's so obviously a vested interest in using the domestic version lol this has done nothing to sway my opinion
    Originally posted by EduCaTional CATastropHE Bro

Do you think humans evolved over time consuming shit like rhino horns and meat or creatine from a bright blue plastic bottle they bought in a GNC? The thread topic is already being done and has for a long time. Traditional shit doesn't get researched as much because people don't pay for it. Shit like a new brand of creatine does get researched so they can use the results to sell their product and claim there is "no evidence" the traditional sources work. But saying something has no evidence to support it is meaningless if you've never actually checked. It's just something they use to obfuscate the true situation

they get tested and clinically trialed by real people and supported by thousands of years of anecdotal evidences.

much more than covid19 "vaccines" have had.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by EduCaTional CATastropHE Bro

Do you think humans evolved over time consuming shit like rhino horns and meat or creatine from a bright blue plastic bottle they bought in a GNC?

Modern manufacturing methods lack the ability to produce perfect synthetic or extraction of products found in nature. Pure compounds are easy to make cheap but making a complex matrix that matches a natural product exactly either synthetically or bio synthetically is a highly specialized profitable industry that's not nearly as competitive as pure isolated pharmaceutical products as these are almost entirely unresearched avenues with little interest.

The TCM industry doesn't want to invest in something difficult and expensive. because they aren't white. They would rather torture animals for easy money
    Originally posted by Charles Ex Machina they get tested and clinically trialed by real people and supported by thousands of years of anecdotal evidences.

much more than covid19 "vaccines" have had.

Nothing you typed contradicts anything I said lol.
Jump to Top