User Controls

Intellectual Conversation

lol. On NIS, I know. Asking an awful lot here.

Anyway, ripping on Bill Krozby is getting boring, so let's have a thought provoking conversation huh fam? I can't think of a good topic right now since it's been a long day, so how 'bout you guys suggest something.

Morals? Politics? Economics? I don't really care so long as it's something a micro-step above the general hordes of shitposting. The retardation seems to be reaching a saturation point as of late.

readysetgo!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Penis
    Figures.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I had to. But really, there are normal threads you just need to find them and bump them. We've probably discussed most things here in some form or another.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    You should learn programming and computer science stuff so we can have intelligent conversations about that. But if that's not your cup of tea, i know a modest amount of philosophy, some economics, i'm reasonably versed in physics and astronomy, i know quite a lot about electronics, energetic chemistry and pharmacology.

I forgot to mention i also know quite a bit about psychology.

Post last edited by Sophie at 2017-03-16T05:01:12.047743+00:00
    Originally posted by Sophie You should learn programming and computer science stuff so we can have intelligent conversations about that. But if that's not your cup of tea, i know a modest amount of philosophy, some economics, i'm reasonably versed in physics, astronomy, i know quite a lot about electronics, energetic chemistry and pharmacology.

I wish I knew programming and computer stuff :( My brain is NOT wired for that though, so unfortunately no dice.

Let's try philosophy?
    Originally posted by Dargo I wish I knew programming and computer stuff :( My brain is NOT wired for that though, so unfortunately no dice.

Let's try philosophy?

Philosophy is a very broad subject, you'll have to be more specific than that.
    Ummmmmmmmm.....drat. You have a suggestion?

Pedophilia seems to have already been discussed ad-naseum here, so not that.
    Originally posted by Dargo Ummmmmmmmm…..drat. You have a suggestion?

Pedophilia seems to have already been discussed ad-naseum here, so not that.

We could cover the nature of knowledge, what is knowledge, how do we know things? What is morality? What is good, what is evil? Are morals and ethics relative? Or are they universal? Political philosophy as well.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    could god make a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Sophie We could cover the nature of knowledge, what is knowledge, how do we know things? What is morality? What is good, what is evil? Are morals and ethics relative? Or are they universal? Political philosophy as well.

I can roll with that. Do you think there's such a thing as absolute truth? If so, (how) can it be known?
    Originally posted by Sophie I forgot to mention i also know quite a bit about psychology.

Post last edited by Sophie at 2017-03-16T05:01:12.047743+00:00

Scratch what I said above. I wanna psychoanalyze you.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Dargo Scratch what I said above. I wanna psychoanalyze you.

Oh Sophie will chomp at that bit when he sees this. :)
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by aldra could god make a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

Who's god? 😁
    Originally posted by mmQ Oh Sophie will chomp at that bit when he sees this. :)

I'll extend that offer to you too if you'd like. Ready?
    Originally posted by mmQ Who's God? 😁

You were a Christian for ~27 years. You know who God is.
    Yes i do think there is an absolute truth but i would consider that a question of physics not and perhaps less so of philosophy. I have high hopes that within a few decades we will have a grand unifying theory. Currently there are two branches of physics we use to describe reality. Firstly general relativity, this deals with stuff on the very large scale like people, planets, stars and galaxies. It does a really good job describing those things and making predictions about things of that scale. Secondly we have quantum mechanics, this deals with stuff on the smallest scale possible, think of particles like electrons. This theory works really well too, but together they don't jive. Which is why we need a theory to unify the fields. There are several candidates, my bet is currently on super symmetry. But a lot of people like string theory as well.
    Oh yes Dargo, please psycho-analyze me. I love to be psycho-analyzed.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Dargo I'll extend that offer to you too if you'd like. Ready?

Sure give it to me straight doc. I think I know what's coming. :/
    Originally posted by Sophie Yes i do think there is an absolute truth but i would consider that a question of physics not and perhaps less so of philosophy. I have high hopes that within a few decades we will have a grand unifying theory. Currently there are two branches of physics we use to describe reality. Firstly general relativity, this deals with stuff on the very large scale like people, planets, stars and galaxies. It does a really good job describing those things and making predictions about things of that scale. Secondly we have quantum mechanics, this deals with stuff on the smallest scale possible, think of particles like electrons. This theory works really well too, but together they don't jive. Which is why we need a theory to unify the fields. There are several candidates, my bet is currently on super symmetry. But a lot of people like string theory as well.

I think we need to define truth first. It seems like you are alluding to the truth of the origin of the universe/purpose of man?

Originally posted by Sophie Oh yes Dargo, please psycho-analyze me. I love to be psycho-analyzed.

I'm great at reading people, but it's hard to do online when I can't gauge their reactions and detect weakness/bullshit as well. Mind answering a few very simple questions first?
Jump to Top