User Controls

I'm Looking for a new PC

Kingoffrogs Appendage of Stan
    I'd like to get a windows PC, I'd be using it for low-mid range games (EU4, Hearts Of Iron 4, Palworld.) and schoolwork/websurfing.

What would you guys recommend me getting with a budget of 750-1.5k?
    Ghost Black Hole
    Get a Bitcoin mining rig and use it to play games and also mine Bitcoin to make back the money of the system
    Kingoffrogs Appendage of Stan
    Originally posted by Ghost Get a Bitcoin mining rig and use it to play games and also mine Bitcoin to make back the money of the system

Crypto is too volatile for my liking, i prefer index funds
    EduCaTional CATastropHE African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Kingoffrogs Crypto is too volatile for my liking, i prefer index funds

lol FAG scared money dont make money u gon die poor my nig
    Ghost Black Hole
    If I had unlimited funds I would get a server grade server and put 1000 virtual boxes on it. X86 architecture
    i could use a new laptop tbh but dont really have the money. i might drop like 200 on a chromebook or something if it really ends up being a huge hassle. i dont have a laptop rn at all so it might be worth it. or ill just use my ipad which is probably better tbh im not really trying to buy more electronics rn
    Originally posted by Ghost If I had unlimited funds I would get a server grade server and put 1000 virtual boxes on it. X86 architecture

get medical grade fam dat USP
    maddie Tuskegee Airman
    Thinkpad.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcforme/comments/18iwfw0/discussion_pc_builds_for_all_budgets_december_2023/

Found that a few days ago. Pretty helpful because I really only have a feel for intel CPUs and GPUs, and also I tend to have the budget runaway when I try to build a cart on newegg, those seem like good starting points.

Also I've been looking at surplus/retired business PCs on ebay like optiplex, thinkcentre, prodesk. There are some with PSU big enough and pcie slot to put a good GPU but the specs vary a lot so it can be hard to find a suitable one to upgrade. Like it might have a psu between 200 and 500W, and most postings don't give you that info. Also the motherboard and if it has a good slot, they don't tend to list that info. I'm probably going to justgo new and try to do something ~1000 bucc
    The HP Small Factor Form is very nice little machine, with a 3.2ghz Intel I3 6100 processor and up to 32 gigs RAM, and an Intel onboard graphics chip (HD graphics 530) that can run 97% of all popular games smoothly and without issue. Comes with built in WiFi and a 1 TB hard drive. Usually around $175 or less, used. Cost for performance, it's your best bet. The box is also small enough that it can easily be handled. They're built to last, too. All I've seen, they've lasted since they came out without issue.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top