User Controls

Safrole from Guaifenisen

it can be done but. I would post more but I hate you all.
    isnt safrole oil like legal and available for purchase?
    Nah, afaik it's illegal cos it's a precursor to MD and whatever else. That's why there was a drought a few years ago til the magnificent Dutch chemists found a way to make it with an um, is isomer the word? Idk an isomer of safrole that wasn't as regulated.

I don't think isomer is the word I want
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/232149537163?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

pretty sure you can easily distill and purify safrole from sassafras oil.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Maybe, I'm not a chemist. You can buy methylamine on ebay
    Originally posted by Brain surgeon isnt safrole oil like legal and available for purchase?

Kind of but not in any significant amounts. If your gonna smuggle 100L of oil better it be closer to mdp2p

Methylamine is legal and easy to make. The hardest part of MDMA chemistry is getting safrole/mdp2p.

Making it from guaifenisen (mucinex) is OTC and groundbreaking. If anyone is seriously interested I'll rip the synth off the hivr and post it here
    bling bling Dark Matter
    wots dis pak hyp i herd abt
    don't lie, you're not gonna do it
    bling bling Dark Matter
    da brown molly smell nicer buyt da white moly taste like peng lehmon so wot i do its combine it both ino a one an smoke it an remain the saime
    Guaifenisin is O-(2,3-dihydroxypropyl)-catechol.

The Lucas reaction with ZnCl2 in concentrated HCl converts this to O-(2,3-dichloropropyl)-catechol. This is the only part that's a little touchy: we need complete conversion here. Cleavage of the phenolic ether is very unlikely, or we'd use HCl/ZnCl2 for eugenol and codeine. The first product is O-(2-chloro-3-hydroxycatechol; the second one is what we want. I hope the monochlorinated product is still water-soluble; the dichlorinated product probably isn't.

The Finkelstein reaction proceeds about a thousand times faster on primary halides than on secondary halides. Using one molar equivalent of NaI, you get exclusive conversion to O-(2-chloro-3-iodopropyl)-catechol.

This can be converted to O-allylcatechol by photolysis in methanol:

http://www.journal.csj.jp/doi/pdf/10.1246/cl.1983.1297

All that's required is light and methanol. Dichlorides give poor yields, but iodochlorides gave over 95% yield.

O-allylcatechol then thermally rearranges (Claisen) to a mixture of 3-allylcatechol and 4-allylcatechol, which can be methylenated.

There are a few steps here, but two of them use no extra reagents at all, and none of this is expensive or very dangerous.
    god damn I don't even remember half this shit I post.
    totse2118 Space Nigga [my ci light-haired pongee]
    Safrole-a-cola

Jump to Top