User Controls

Hewfil1 ft. Mr.FuckYourBitch Trash Score

Hewfil1 Houston
    Recently whilst walking down the street I spotted a porch with a LCD TV along with surround sound sitting on it. Judging off how it was just thrown aside, I figured it was broken. Well, a few days later it was now out by the trash and I decided that I wanted it because sometimes people throw away stuff, not knowing the problem, and I like working on electronics. If it was truly broken, I was just going to use it for target practice.

Well, I call up my buddy Mr.FuckYourBitch and he brings his car to pick me up. Well, our original plan was to just grab it, but one issue arose. It sat next to the police precinct which is right on the main road through our town. So we spend like, twenty fucking minutes trying to hide the car, and find a way to be sneaky about it. Then when I go to grab it, the guy is sitting on his porch, and that's when my buddy says, "Just ask him if we can take it, he's throwing it out anyways." Well, I walk up and as nicely as I could say, "Excuse me sir, are you throwing that away?I like working on electronics and if you are, could I maybe take it?"

He responds, "Yeah, it has a line of dead pixels down the screen, and the other day, didn't even turn on. The stand, remote, everything's there. The surround sound is fine too, but the box it hooked to broke. But hey, as long as I don't have to pay to have it hauled away, go for it."

After hauling this to Mr's house, I go home and it sets there a few days, but not long after dropping it off, his step-father started bitching and saying that we had until Friday to get it out. So last night we got it to my house, only after my friend called a local repair shop and asked about what the issue could be. He said the'd diagnose it for $35 and then repair it if possible, but my friend first spent two hours approximately checking the components to be sure that everything was fine.

After getting it to my house, I plugged it in on my back porch and hit the power button. I waited and nothing happened, then I slapped the top of it and voila, it lit up and turned on. So now I have a 52" LCD Smart TV with 3 AV inputs, 3 HDMI's, 1 PC Input, 1 USB Port, and WiFi compatibility. Turns out the problem was that the remote was broken, not the TV itself. And as for the dead pixels, they disappeared after five minutes of having it on.

So, all in all, we made out like bandits, and I never could've done it without my buddy Mr.FuckYourBitch.
    Hewfil1 Houston
    Update*
    After researching we found that refurbished, the TV has a worth of approx. $700.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Are you gonna keep it or sell it? I'd personally sell it before it inevitably shits out again in a week's time. Those pixels WILL come back. They're just waiting....plotting.
    I don't care at all
    Hewfil1 Houston
    Are you gonna keep it or sell it? I'd personally sell it before it inevitably shits out again in a week's time. Those pixels WILL come back. They're just waiting….plotting.

I know. But I honestly think I'm gonna keep it. The last time I had a monitor with dead pixels, it lasted over a year, still using it actually.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Good shit, it's amazing what people throw away sometimes.
    Hewfil1 Houston
    Good shit, it's amazing what people throw away sometimes.

Update, TV is still going strong. Been playing 12+ hours of games on it daily.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Update, TV is still going strong. Been playing 12+ hours of games on it daily.

Nice score bro.
    hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    Ive found all sorts of good shit people have thrown out. We used to go to our local dump sites around here (rural area, they have gates towalk in after they close) the day after christmas. We have found allsorts of shit including unwrapped gifts that probably gotten mixed in the wrapping paper. People throw away all kinds of cool shit.

Edit: not my find, but a friend of mine was dumpster diving found a whole bottle of roxicodone 30's that was expired. I was jelly as fuck.
Jump to Top