User Controls

Does space give anybody else anxiety?

Sometimes I think about how we're all just rock dwellers living in the small slice of habitable space between the sun and everything else, spinning as we circle around the solar system in a pool of space so incomprehensibly large that to map it out on a to scale diagram visible to the naked eye would leave the distance between Sol and Pluto at 2.5 kilometers, with Pluto being the size of bacterium. Proxima Centauri, the closest star to our own, would be a whopping 16,000 kilometers away on this diagram which would stretch over half the circumference of the earth.

When I think about all that it makes me want to step out for a smoke. Only, I don't smoke anymore and the sky is fucking terrifying.
    Being on earth gives me a panic attack.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Space is a pretty marvelous thing and pretty difficult to really grasp. I like to think that there are millions of other Earths with the exact same people and the exact same things happening, as if there were a bunch of large mirrors placed throughout space that reflected literal physical objects into a different spot essentially putting them in 2 places at once, and this happening again and again.

I want to invent 2 super large mirrors that can will orbit our planet each at opposite points, so that when we look into the sky we see that fun effect you get when you put two mirrors facing each other and get the endless tunnel of whatever. That's pretty much my new goal I've just decided this very moment I'm going to dedicate the rest of my life to figuring out a way to make that happen. HOORAY!
    I dont get it.
    Originally posted by mmQ Space is a pretty marvelous thing and pretty difficult to really grasp. I like to think that there are millions of other Earths with the exact same people and the exact same things happening, as if there were a bunch of large mirrors placed throughout space that reflected literal physical objects into a different spot essentially putting them in 2 places at once, and this happening again and again.

I want to invent 2 super large mirrors that can will orbit our planet each at opposite points, so that when we look into the sky we see that fun effect you get when you put two mirrors facing each other and get the endless tunnel of whatever. That's pretty much my new goal I've just decided this very moment I'm going to dedicate the rest of my life to figuring out a way to make that happen. HOORAY!

The problem with this is that the sun would reflect off it and cook us alive in our own homes.

Plus you wouldn't see anything with the glare anyway.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Discount Whore The problem with this is that the sun would reflect off it and cook us alive in our own homes.

Plus you wouldn't see anything with the glare anyway.

That's where a little ingenuity comes into play. I'm going to also build some huge ass curtain that blocks the sunlight for the most part.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    yes it does a lil bit. I had a dream the other night where i was walking with a girl and looked off into the distance and i couldnt breath when i saw it
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby yes it does a lil bit. I had a dream the other night where i was walking with a girl and looked off into the distance and i couldnt breath when i saw it

Shut the fuck up
    Originally posted by mmQ That's where a little ingenuity comes into play. I'm going to also build some huge ass curtain that blocks the sunlight for the most part.

Then how do we see the reflection in the mirrors? We need SOME light. Ideally light from above rather than below. I think if you had some satelite-lights it'd be okay, but the earth would cool down pretty quick so we'd need to do some terraforming.

OR

We start living in controlled bio-domes. This way we, as a planet, can still look at ourselves in the mirror, and we can still go to the beach on Thursdays. It's the ideal solution I think.
    I haven't looked at the stars in so long. I don't do it anymore
    Are there even stars in Europe
    source info.. half of these post come from a different source location.

Get right (old version) just explained the anomaly of behavior on here. Once again, Part Head-Bot.exe part netsplit behavior. A Turner Classic!
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Space is amazing, i love the Universe. I wanna' go to space.
    Originally posted by Sophie Space is amazing, i love the Universe. I wanna' go to space.

You, do not want to go to deep space. You however do want to go to low orbital space.. about 80-200 miles off the planet's surface. that would be awesome to experience. for maybe 3-4 days. you develop atrophy after that.
    Originally posted by Totse 2001 You, do not want to go to deep space. You however do want to go to low orbital space.. about 80-200 miles off the planet's surface. that would be awesome to experience. for maybe 3-4 days. you develop atrophy after that.

You don't get to tell me what to do, you're not even my real dad.
    Originally posted by Sophie You don't get to tell me what to do, you're not even my real dad.

Anyone who goes to mars most likely will never come back. It is so dangerous right now. Going to the moon was easy. there is no atmosphere and 1/3rd the gravitational pull. Mars has about 80 percent gravity and some fairly violent storms at times. They say right now, the strongest storm in the years Mars has had rovers on, nothing higher than 60mph gust have been registered. Yet it was documented for years that Mars atmosphere prior to the space programs being developed, that some anomaly was occurring on the planet.. they believed some very violent wind storms occurred for over a decade. out of nowhere, you might wake up at base camp with 300mph gusts slamming into your little pod trailer.

So we can not allow just anyone to go. it has to be people who are healthy enough to go, but have perhaps a health problem in which they have a time limit of life left or are willing to do a suicidal mission. We know you're not up for that, Head-Bot.

Nice Try T_T
    Originally posted by Totse 2001 Anyone who goes to mars most likely will never come back. It is so dangerous right now. Going to the moon was easy. there is no atmosphere and 1/3rd the gravitational pull. Mars has about 80 percent gravity and some fairly violent storms at times. They say right now, the strongest storm in the years Mars has had rovers on, nothing higher than 60mph gust have been registered. Yet it was documented for years that Mars atmosphere prior to the space programs being developed, that some anomaly was occurring on the planet.. they believed some very violent wind storms occurred for over a decade. out of nowhere, you might wake up at base camp with 300mph gusts slamming into your little pod trailer.

So we can not allow just anyone to go. it has to be people who are healthy enough to go, but have perhaps a health problem in which they have a time limit of life left or are willing to do a suicidal mission. We know you're not up for that, Head-Bot.

Nice Try T_T

Are you trying to impress me with your space knowledge or trying to insult me? I know a lot about space you know. You don't have to tell me all these things. And frankly i find it patronizing when you say: "You don't want to go to deep space because of reason X." Firstly i am aware of reason X and secondly i never said anything about deep space.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Sophie Are you trying to impress me with your space knowledge or trying to insult me? I know a lot about space you know. You don't have to tell me all these things. And frankly i find it patronizing when you say: "You don't want to go to deep space because of reason X." Firstly i am aware of reason X and secondly i never said anything about deep space.

Yet you responded in a hostile overtone Head-bot. now is this set to random fixation or static per sequence.. which is still a random response.

I KNOW MORE THEN BUZZ WORDS
    Originally posted by Totse 2001 Yet you responded in a hostile overtone Head-bot. now is this set to random fixation or static per sequence.. which is still a random response.

Do you know grammar? It's more than.
    Originally posted by Totse 2001 Yet you responded in a hostile overtone Head-bot. now is this set to random fixation or static per sequence.. which is still a random response.

Also i wasn't even being actually hostile, couldn't you tell i was kidding, since i said: "You're not even my real dad".
Jump to Top