User Controls

best disblo like or divine divinity like?

Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    im looking wt gwmes like nox or revenant but anything else out there to scratch this itch?
    totse2118 Space Nigga [my ci light-haired pongee]
    POE
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Path of Exile is F2P and widely considered to be the best present-day ARPG. But actually: Grim Dawn. It's Grim Dawn.

Titan Quest and Torchlight 1 & 2 deserve honorable mentions, I guess.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I also have this Dreamcast isometric action rpg thats awesome bur i never got far in it and forgot about it and might duet the old dreamfast off to get into it finally.
    I hate the art style of torchlight I might as well get Diablo 3 for my ps3 if I liked that art style.
    totse2118 Space Nigga [my ci light-haired pongee]
    Grim Dawn is the best one aCTUALLY they have the best skill system I have ever played in a game of that style.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    It was called record of lodus war:
    https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/diablo-clones-that-are-not-titan-quest/28527/43?page=3
    https://www.gog.com/pl/game/prince_of_qin
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Oh, I guess I forgot about Last Epoch. I don't know what the current state of dev is - last I played it, the game ended rather abruptly after a seemingly random boss because the story wasn't complete yet - but it was a pretty fun experience. Worth checking out anyway.
    divine divinity is still my fsvorite from ehwt i played alongside diablo . i hated diablo 2.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition

Divinity is more like Baldur's Gate than Diablo, I haven't played it much

Grim Dawn is my favourite, PoE is a 'micro'transaction grindfest

haven't played Diablo 4 but 3 just felt oversimplified with the ability to constantly change skills to suit a certain battle rather than actually developing your character

Grim Dawn just has so much more build diversity than any other ARPG I've played, I've put a shittonne of hours into both GD and PoE and there are so many more viable ways to do things in GD. PoE you mostly get shoehorned into maybe 5 or so builds if you want to do high level maps and map bosses, but I guess that's the nature of trying to balance an MMO.

I've been playing GD off and on since it was in beta, still keep coming back to it every now and again to try out new builds
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by aldra

Divinity is more like Baldur's Gate than Diablo, I haven't played it much

Looks like Divine Divinity is actually an ARPG in the same franchise as the Divinity CRPGs you're thinking of:

I've never played though, so if you have I'll take your word for it.
    Bradley Black Hole
    i had a meth dealer named diablo and his son fucked another kid in the ass in a tent during the kids birthday party while holding a knife to his neck and owke up another kid to make the 3rd little boy watch him fuck the birthday boy in the front yard of ta tent at the boys home after his party

straight sodomized him at knife point and someone told me that and I was like wow diablo cuz he was the one who told me
    Bradley Black Hole
    also the top down perspective of the latest diablo that i played fo rthe ps4 is gay, tiny, and not that fun to play repeitive as fuck
    Bradley Black Hole
    it's the less gay version of gauntlet 40 years too late
    im thinking of getting diablo 3 for the os3. i dont own a ps4 or 5 yet. do you guys think d$ is better than d4?
    Instigator Space Nigga
    Mfi BOS. KISS DKNY. Zip
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by Wariat im thinking of getting diablo 3 for the os3. i dont own a ps4 or 5 yet. do you guys think d$ is better than d4?

of the two, d3. that might change in the future, but for now... yeah: you'll likely get more fun out of d3. d4 is better than d3 was on release, but it's a lot less fun than d3 is now.

that said if you're looking for a more d1/d2 atmosphere and tone, they absolutely nailed that in d4. it's just a shame they nailed it in a game that stops being fun after one playthrough. at the moment d4 exists solely to hijack the dopamine receptors of whales who have nothing better to do with their time, and nothing better to spend their money on.
    In actually considerint gettibg rhe d2 remake Verdun and fucking ir another go sińce it support Mac i believe snd i have an m1 MacBook Pro but i hated d2 compared to the first because it had more towns but none if them were fleshed out or had character and style music like the first where they focused on just one but it had more character tone mood to it and interesting npcs living wirhin it.
    Nm it’s only windows support.
Jump to Top