User Controls

Who here has read The Silmarillion?

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Dang what a fucking tome. But full of awesome stories like the one of Beren and Luthién. It's nice how their love is reflected in the relationship between Aragorn and Arwen in LotR. Also, i love the story when Morgoth and Ungoliant team up to cause a ruckus in Valinor by draining the Golden or the Silver tree, not sure which one it was. The story of Morgoth is awesome in general though, it's a lot like the story of Lucifer. Also, the music of the Ainur is an awesome creation story just saying. I also distinctly remember the sequence when Manwë complains to Illuvatar how Morgoth hinders all their work, since the Valar are tasked with shaping the world they create water and the mountains. And when Manwë complains to Illuvatar he responds by saying, isn't the water so much more dynamic and beautiful when Morgoth turns it to ice? And does the rain not feed the trees and plants? Without Morgoth's fire the water would not evaporate and it would not rain. Indicating that there must be good and evil, ying and yang if you will for the world to work. And that no matter how hard Morgoth tries to go against the plan illuvatar, he only ends up making the world more dynamic and beautiful, fulfilling Illuvatar's plan afterall.

Cool story bro.

/nerdout
    i have it in my house, it's the prequel to the lord of the rings. i was in 4th grade and was like fuck this i want my tendies and never got past the first few pages. i dont know if that really counts
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by puffy butts i have it in my house, it's the prequel to the lord of the rings. i was in 4th grade and was like fuck this i want my tendies and never got past the first few pages. i dont know if that really counts

The first pages are about the music of the Ainur. They are tasked by Eru Illuvatar(God) to compose music for him. So they all do their best and come up with epic music to please God. But Morgoth who is then known as Melkor feels like he should be the one that shapes the music instead of everyone that just tries to please Illuvatar. So his song is chaotic, and disrupts the general flow of the music. So Illuvatar calls the music to a halt and tells the Ainur to start over. They do, and again Melkor being the rebel that he is tries to disrupt the music with his own song, but this time, a lot of the Ainur are confused and start to adjust their song to that of Melkor. Resulting in a cacophony of sound. For a second time, Illuvatar orders them to stop and try again. And they do, but this time, the song is sad but powerful, and try as he might Melkor's notes are engulfed and incorporated into the sweeping notes of the music of the Ainur. Thus finally Illuvatar tells them to stop, and he shows the Ainur what they have sung, and they are shown a vision of the world, in three ages of strife with beauty and perfection at the end.
Jump to Top