User Controls

Stealth for Sport

Psychlonic Yung Blood
    Sup niggas?
    It's been a minute. Years and years ago, there used to be a series of threads at &T called "night ops" where the idea was to test one's ability to sneak into anything you wanted to unnoticed, leaving no evidence. Didn't matter why. Wanted to steal something? Cool, just keep it between you and the fence post.
    With the world being so different today, I'm curious if there's still any interest in this? While security measures have gone up and gotten cheaper, we've also gotten some really cool new toys since the &T days. Plus, the general population is dumber than ever. We can still sneak about unnoticed.
    Unlike the old night ops days, I see nothing wrong with blending into a crowd when needed.

I know there's a lot of broke ass niggas around, but you should still check out Lishi lockpicking and decoding 2-in-1 tools to whet your appetite on this. Imagine you being able to pick schlage and kwikset locks within a minute or two. They take almost all of the difficulty right out of the equation. Bonus: they make it easy for you to make your own copy of the key later for access whenever you like. You won't be breaking into anything crazy, but many offices, schools, stores and more still use schlage and kwikset.

They also make Lishi tools for vehicles if that's of any interest. What say you jaded fucks?
    stealth is no longer required.

just organize and mass loot at will.
    Psychlonic Yung Blood
    Yeah no kidding, that's true. Hit up the biggest democrat ran city, hell you can even claim a few blocks as your own!
    noght ops are relic of the past unless you intend to sneak in into an orphanage.
    Psychlonic Yung Blood
    What, you haven't been keeping up with the growth of trafficking lately?

For real though, I think the old way of going about it is a dead hobby with like 6 people. However, I just enjoy trying out my nerd skills in the night. It's a lot different than picking on a table for me. Bolt cutters and a boot work as well as ever, but picking allows for "farming" if nobody knows anyone else was there.
    Kingoffrogs Appendage of Stan
    Originally posted by Psychlonic Sup niggas?
    It's been a minute. Years and years ago, there used to be a series of threads at &T called "night ops" where the idea was to test one's ability to sneak into anything you wanted to unnoticed, leaving no evidence. Didn't matter why. Wanted to steal something? Cool, just keep it between you and the fence post.
    With the world being so different today, I'm curious if there's still any interest in this? While security measures have gone up and gotten cheaper, we've also gotten some really cool new toys since the &T days. Plus, the general population is dumber than ever. We can still sneak about unnoticed.
    Unlike the old night ops days, I see nothing wrong with blending into a crowd when needed.

I know there's a lot of broke ass niggas around, but you should still check out Lishi lockpicking and decoding 2-in-1 tools to whet your appetite on this. Imagine you being able to pick schlage and kwikset locks within a minute or two. They take almost all of the difficulty right out of the equation. Bonus: they make it easy for you to make your own copy of the key later for access whenever you like. You won't be breaking into anything crazy, but many offices, schools, stores and more still use schlage and kwikset.

They also make Lishi tools for vehicles if that's of any interest. What say you jaded fucks?

Isn't there a forum that is all about this sport
    Psychlonic Yung Blood
    The "night ops" community is still around and "alive" for anyone interested, absolutely. I started this topic here though to branch out from strictly at night and trying to go completely unseen (an old NO rule that's gone a little slack over the years). There's a lot left on the table. What about finding a door during the daytime that's hidden from view and there could be something interesting inside? Or simply a building out in rural country that may be housing something good inside?

All niggas can use the skills developed for other, bigger ideas if they want. NGL, half the time when I complete an entry there's nothing super interesting inside so I just close up and leave. For me though I just enjoy honing the skills. It's like pen testing, but without asking for anyone's permission.

But yeah, that forum still exists.
    Kafka sweaty
    People are watched by satellites during the day. I've read a bit about it but never acted on it. It seems like a hobby for people who have lost their way in life.

...Jc what exactly are you hoping to find or steal?
    Psychlonic Yung Blood
    TBH man I haven't grabbed anything of value in years now. I do keep momentos from really interesting discoveries just as a reminder of the experience. For example an old late 1800s breaker fuse from an abandoned Victorian area mansion. Weird shit like that. Not gonna sit here and act like I'm on any high ground though, still find myself in places I shouldn't be. Plenty of lost soul potential, but then again, we're all here aren't we? I like these parts of the internet, though.
    Kafka sweaty
    So is the appeal exploring abandoned places or will you try to trespass anywhere you can?
    Originally posted by Psychlonic The "night ops" community is still around and "alive" for anyone interested, absolutely. I started this topic here though to branch out from strictly at night and trying to go completely unseen (an old NO rule that's gone a little slack over the years). There's a lot left on the table. What about finding a door during the daytime that's hidden from view and there could be something interesting inside? Or simply a building out in rural country that may be housing something good inside?

All niggas can use the skills developed for other, bigger ideas if they want. NGL, half the time when I complete an entry there's nothing super interesting inside so I just close up and leave. For me though I just enjoy honing the skills. It's like pen testing, but without asking for anyone's permission.

But yeah, that forum still exists.

Well, I've got a bunch of skills from lifting stuff for years, 100's of operations and only got caught once. I'll post some tips and tricks later.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Psychlonic Yung Blood
    I can't resist a good challenge, hard to put into words why maybe. Sometimes I'll see some ratty old building that clearly hasn't been opened in ages and just have to get through that lock, even knowing full well there's probably nothing amazing inside. Other times, yeah it spills more into urbex. Maybe it's the sense of freedom? Like if shit all went downhill or I did find myself completely lost in life, I always have options. I dunno man, it's hard to explain and I don't expect everyone to get it. If someone tries it and thinks it's lame as fuck, I totally get it.
    Kafka sweaty
    Originally posted by Kingoffrogs Well, I've got a bunch of skills from lifting stuff for years, 100's of operations and only got caught once. I'll post some tips and tricks later.

What do you do about double-glazed windows?
    Originally posted by Kafka What do you do about double-glazed windows?

Like the ones you can't see through? Not much to do about them but avoid them, always keep your back turned to them too.
    Kafka sweaty
    Originally posted by Kingoffrogs Like the ones you can't see through? Not much to do about them but avoid them, always keep your back turned to them too.

No those are tinted. I mean the ones on modern buildings.
    Kafka sweaty
    Originally posted by Psychlonic I can't resist a good challenge, hard to put into words why maybe. Sometimes I'll see some ratty old building that clearly hasn't been opened in ages and just have to get through that lock, even knowing full well there's probably nothing amazing inside. Other times, yeah it spills more into urbex. Maybe it's the sense of freedom? Like if shit all went downhill or I did find myself completely lost in life, I always have options. I dunno man, it's hard to explain and I don't expect everyone to get it. If someone tries it and thinks it's lame as fuck, I totally get it.

It's a basic emotional human need for challenge and stimulation so that does make sense, it manifests in different ways. It would be nice to find new places to hang out. During covid lockdowns I'd hang out at abandoned places when no one was allowed outside.
    Kafka sweaty
    Reminds me some colonel left his Rolls Royce in the garage of his abandoned house. I went to the place but didn't go inside. It was like getting through a jungle.
    Psychlonic Yung Blood
    Originally posted by Kafka Reminds me some colonel left his Rolls Royce in the garage of his abandoned house. I went to the place but didn't go inside. It was like getting through a jungle.

Guilty of stupidly plowing through bramble vines, here. Not fun. There was this place I was dying to check out and it was either endless thorny vines or an obvious road that people watched and cameras everywhere. I chose the thorns. After about a month, the remainder had finished backing out on my skin.

Right on about the COVID lockdowns, you manage to get some friends to meet you there or...?
    Kafka sweaty
    Originally posted by Psychlonic Guilty of stupidly plowing through bramble vines, here. Not fun. There was this place I was dying to check out and it was either endless thorny vines or an obvious road that people watched and cameras everywhere. I chose the thorns. After about a month, the remainder had finished backing out on my skin.

Right on about the COVID lockdowns, you manage to get some friends to meet you there or…?

No. I saw signs that other people were going there though, like recent newspapers.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    pretty sure it'd died down by the time I joined, always wondered how many people got shot trying it though
Jump to Top