User Controls

Thought for the day:

Haxxor Space Nigga
    God’s promises energize and expand the heart, deepening our capacity for life and our quality of being in this world. They put the authority inside us. This, finally, is the only overcoming of death, the only answer to the absurdity that this time is going to end. That’s what the promises of God do—lead us to the experience of deeper life. The Gospel writers call it resurrection.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Instigator Space Nigga
    Fuck that I'm going to heaven regardless.
    totse2118 Space Nigga [my ci light-haired pongee]
    Originally posted by infinityshock lovingly lanced lannys longing labia, letting her larp as a little laotian ladybody lapdancer............................. theres no such thing as god

Folx infinityshock is a staunch atheist ⚛️ man of science
    CandyRein Black Hole
    Originally posted by Haxxor God’s promises energize and expand the heart, deepening our capacity for life and our quality of being in this world. They put the authority inside us. This, finally, is the only overcoming of death, the only answer to the absurdity that this time is going to end. That’s what the promises of God do—lead us to the experience of deeper life. The Gospel writers call it resurrection.

God is so Good ❤️
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    sounds gay, no thanks
    can I have a thought tomorrow instead ? I have too many today already, I need to allot my thoughts
    Originally posted by infinityshock lovingly lanced lannys longing labia, letting her larp as a little laotian ladybody lapdancer............................. and the fact that literally everything in the old testament is an exact plagiarization of historical works stolen from previous civilizations with little to no archaeological support to back any of it up. the bible is fiction

typical kikes…stealing shit and taking credit for it

that's what the dude says in Zeitgeist. Seems legit.

I have read all bibles and determined that God is Chinese.

They believe in the God of the Sun.

SUN RA
    AHKMAH
    Instigator Space Nigga
    Originally posted by infinityshock lovingly lanced lannys longing labia, letting her larp as a little laotian ladybody lapdancer............................. theres no such thing as heaven
    Well how did Bryan Adams know about
    Haxxor Space Nigga
    Originally posted by CandyRein God is so Good ❤️

#truth
    That which scares the fuck out of anyone too frightened to look honestly at themselves.

Originally posted by infinityshock lovingly lanced lannys longing labia, letting her larp as a little laotian ladybody lapdancer............................. theres no such thing as god

God is your self.
    God is your beauty.
    God is your goodness, which you are destroying.

You are what you do to what you should love.

God is what you are afraid of: your deepest and best and most naked self—your soul.
    Your sin largely consists in what you do to harm goodness any goodness—your own and others.

You are afraid of that which is good because you think you can’t measure up; you are afraid of God.

You kill what you should love; you hate what could transform you.
    You hate yourself.

I feel sorry for you, in all your incarnations

We are not punished for our sins, but by them.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    God is the fella that will allow you to be tortured for all of eternity if you don't worship him lol. Seems like a good dude. Very confident.
    There’s a couple major issues with the concept of “god” that I can’t really reconcile in my mind that prevent me from believing in god, or at least the one from the bible:

1. Free will. First of all, god cannot be all powerful, all knowing, created the universe and everything in it down to the finest detail including us, AND we have free will. The existence of an omnipotent god that created everything precludes the idea that mortals have free will and agency, because that would mean we have the power to defy god’s will by our own actions. Which would make god not omnipotent, it’s a logical paradox.

Think of Laplace’s demon or whatever, if god created everything and knows what’s gonna happen that means we live in a purely deterministic world, which means from the moment we’re born til the moment we die we have no free will, we’re all just puppets playing out god’s play. What is the point of that?

I’m not sure I even believe in free will under natural laws, let alone supernatural ones. The power of prayer is also impossible under these rules, because again it implies that mortals have the power to compel an omnipotent being to action, i.e. nonsense. So the bible says prayer works, but that can’t be true.

2. Faith. The idea is that you must have faith that god exists and he will offer you salvation, but you will never be presented any evidence he exists. Your faith is a test to see if you’re worthy to enter heaven. There’s a number of contradictions to this.

First of all, what about Jesus’ apostles that witnessed his miracles? They weren’t given the option to have faith because they saw it for themselves. They were basically given a direct free pass to heaven, because anyone who witnessed those miracles would not still deny him thus they required no faith. I for one have never seen a miracle.

Also some people claim to “feel” god or that god speaks to them directly and the bible makes some mention of this. If that were true again no faith is required, you already heard it straight from the horse’s mouth. So that doesn’t make sense either. Why would god favor some with his voice or presence directly and not others?

3. Eternal life, heaven, hell. The whole concept of eternal life as described in the bible seems like a nightmare. Say you make it to heaven but everyone else in your life who you loved and who made your life matter were sinners and ended up in hell forever. Would you be happy with that? Normally no, but Jesus had an answer for this.

From what I recall a couple jėws were asking him what if they had a wife who died, then remarried and that wife died, and so on a few more times, which wife would they end up with in heaven? Something to that effect. He basically answered that when you and your wives reached heaven you would have no more desire or other worldly considerations, you wouldn’t be married and your children aren’t your children, they’re god’s children. You’d have no relationship with any of these people anymore, because the very concept of relations would be meaningless in heaven.

So heaven essentially means that you rejoin god and become part of him in a way to live eternally in a state of perpetual grace. So what does that really mean? Do you still have thoughts? Do you still have things to do or experiences? Would you have any individuality at all?

Presumably not, you won’t have a body anymore or any desires or any individual attachments to anything or anyone besides god, so there’s nothing left to do except be perfect and sit in your perfect kingdom with god forever. Eternal life and eternal boredom, except you won’t feel bored because you won’t even be “you” anymore, not really. Doesn’t that sound like a fuckin nightmare?

And my problem with hell goes back to the first point, why is anyone condemned to hell when god created them for nothing else except the express purpose TO go to hell? Seems kinda shitty.

- - - - -

Anyway those are the broader points of how I feel about it, there’s all kinds of other inconsistencies and absurdities when you play out most of the different points of this belief system to their natural conclusion. Plus the obvious lack of any actual evidence of any higher power, that goes without saying.

This isn’t really meant for anyone I just started typing my thoughts out to kinda organize them in my own head.
    Btw OP are you a woman lol? Sometimes you say some pretty based shit and I get kind of a masculine vibe but then you say some shit like in this thread or use the term “lit” and I wonder
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Fox There’s a couple major issues with the concept of “god” that I can’t really reconcile in my mind that prevent me from believing in god, or at least the one from the bible:

1. Free will. First of all, god cannot be all powerful, all knowing, created the universe and everything in it down to the finest detail including us, AND we have free will. The existence of an omnipotent god that created everything precludes the idea that mortals have free will and agency, because that would mean we have the power to defy god’s will by our own actions. Which would make god not omnipotent, it’s a logical paradox.

Think of Laplace’s demon or whatever, if god created everything and knows what’s gonna happen that means we live in a purely deterministic world, which means from the moment we’re born til the moment we die we have no free will, we’re all just puppets playing out god’s play. What is the point of that?

I’m not sure I even believe in free will under natural laws, let alone supernatural ones. The power of prayer is also impossible under these rules, because again it implies that mortals have the power to compel an omnipotent being to action, i.e. nonsense. So the bible says prayer works, but that can’t be true.

2. Faith. The idea is that you must have faith that god exists and he will offer you salvation, but you will never be presented any evidence he exists. Your faith is a test to see if you’re worthy to enter heaven. There’s a number of contradictions to this.

First of all, what about Jesus’ apostles that witnessed his miracles? They weren’t given the option to have faith because they saw it for themselves. They were basically given a direct free pass to heaven, because anyone who witnessed those miracles would not still deny him thus they required no faith. I for one have never seen a miracle.

Also some people claim to “feel” god or that god speaks to them directly and the bible makes some mention of this. If that were true again no faith is required, you already heard it straight from the horse’s mouth. So that doesn’t make sense either. Why would god favor some with his voice or presence directly and not others?

3. Eternal life, heaven, hell. The whole concept of eternal life as described in the bible seems like a nightmare. Say you make it to heaven but everyone else in your life who you loved and who made your life matter were sinners and ended up in hell forever. Would you be happy with that? Normally no, but Jesus had an answer for this.

From what I recall a couple jėws were asking him what if they had a wife who died, then remarried and that wife died, and so on a few more times, which wife would they end up with in heaven? Something to that effect. He basically answered that when you and your wives reached heaven you would have no more desire or other worldly considerations, you wouldn’t be married and your children aren’t your children, they’re god’s children. You’d have no relationship with any of these people anymore, because the very concept of relations would be meaningless in heaven.

So heaven essentially means that you rejoin god and become part of him in a way to live eternally in a state of perpetual grace. So what does that really mean? Do you still have thoughts? Do you still have things to do or experiences? Would you have any individuality at all?

Presumably not, you won’t have a body anymore or any desires or any individual attachments to anything or anyone besides god, so there’s nothing left to do except be perfect and sit in your perfect kingdom with god forever. Eternal life and eternal boredom, except you won’t feel bored because you won’t even be “you” anymore, not really. Doesn’t that sound like a fuckin nightmare?

And my problem with hell goes back to the first point, why is anyone condemned to hell when god created them for nothing else except the express purpose TO go to hell? Seems kinda shitty.

- - - - -

Anyway those are the broader points of how I feel about it, there’s all kinds of other inconsistencies and absurdities when you play out most of the different points of this belief system to their natural conclusion. Plus the obvious lack of any actual evidence of any higher power, that goes without saying.

This isn’t really meant for anyone I just started typing my thoughts out to kinda organize them in my own head.

These are all very fair and valid points that make a lot of sense and can and will be easily dismissed by believers under the pretext of you just simply not having enough faith and God cannot be understood by you, a mere mortal. You just need to believe harder. Sounds like you've been brainwashed by the devil. Etc.
    Originally posted by Fox There’s a couple major issues with the concept of “god” that I can’t really reconcile in my mind that prevent me from believing in god, or at least the one from the bible:

- - - - -

i agree
    Originally posted by Fox Btw OP are you a woman lol? Sometimes you say some pretty based shit and I get kind of a masculine vibe but then you say some shit like in this thread or use the term “lit” and I wonder

lmao
    Haxxor Space Nigga
    Religion sadly has nothing to do with God.

Organized religion exists to control the perceptions and behaviors of entire groups of people, an attempt, if you will - to control “free will”.

That said, human beings have an inherent need to know structure and be given purpose and direction. But we can access the necessary tools to achieve this through relationship with our Creator whom we can call whatever we want to, which is a completely separate experience from slavish devotion to any given religious system.

Our purity systems, even those established with the best of intentions, do not make us holy.

They only create insiders and outsiders. They are mechanisms for delivering our drug of choice: self-righteousness, these purity systems affect far more than our relationship to sex and booze: they show up in political ideology, in the way people shame each other on social media, in the way we obsess about “self-righteousness.”

Purity most often leads to either pride or to despair - not holiness.

Because holiness is about union with, and purity is about separation from…. I suspect religion was mankind's first attempt to explain the natural phenomena we observe.

Religion is a means to control the population, those that want power study the current state of society. And devise ways to leverage religious beliefs to maintain that state to hold on, and or gain more power.
    Rape Monster Naturally Camouflaged
    God, if you're listening.......HELP
    Kingoffrogs Appendage of Stan
    Originally posted by Rape Monster God, if you're listening…….HELP

He's listening, he just doesn't care.
    Haxxor Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Rape Monster God, if you're listening…….HELP

God within you is listening and likely saying get off your ass and help yourself…you have within you everything you need.

As children many of us were criticized, ignored, misunderstood, or abused, leading us to doubt that good within us. As we grow up, we increasingly internalize the judgments and values of our society, further losing touch with our innocence, our creativity, and our tender hearts. We cover over the good as we seek the approval of others, looking to them to measure our worth—to determine whether we are good enough, smart enough, successful enough.

Adding layer after layer to protect ourselves, we become identified with our coverings, believing ourselves to be separate, threatened, and deficient. Yet even when we cannot see the gold, the light and love of our true nature cannot be dimmed, tarnished, or erased. It calls to us daily through our longing for connection, our urge to understand reality, our delight in beauty, our natural desire to help others. Our deepest intuition is that there is something beyond our habitual story of a separate and isolated self: something vast, mysterious, and sacred….

The false self is all the things we pretend to be and think we are. It is the pride, arrogance, title, costume, role, and degree we take to be ourselves. It’s almost entirely created by our minds, our cultures, and our families. It is what’s passing and what’s going to die, and it is not who we are. For many people this is all they have—but all of it is going to die when we die.
    Rape Monster Naturally Camouflaged
    Damn nigga it was a line from a movie
Jump to Top