User Controls

Rich Men North of Richmond?

Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    The song resonated with pretty much everyone who doesn't spend their welfare check on fudge rounds and yet nothing has come/will come of it. Is it because Oliver Anthony isn't an industry plant/psyop/marketing mechanism of the machine? Are protest anthems pointless?

The song went insanely viral organically then the next news cycle happened and he's gonna fade away into Appalachian obscurity. Is it impossible to rile people enough to affect any sort of change if you don't have a media apparatus backing you? Will they only back you if their interests are completely at stake? These are all rhetorical, I guess I'm asking if anyone thinks creative arts still have the power to genuinely influence people to do any positive, loving, caring dismantling of society? I spent my welfare check on CCR cds which are apparently the only thing that's still cheap
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Who runs the record industry anyway????
    WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    The Big Apple
    The big Applestein
    I thought it was a pretty dumb song. Like it’s the most surface level basic bullshit, yeah the government is corrupt have you been asleep for the last 25 years? Plus who do you think votes them in, it’s idiots like you.

The guy claims he’s in the political center (which is the correct position to be in), but then takes a rightwing stance immediately. Like if you think we’re all broke because of welfare queens you just haven’t done any research. That’s a Fox News talking point it’s not real.

If he had mentioned fractional reserve banking, the military-industrial complex, the corporate hijacking of democracy, campaign finance loopholes, or any of the many actual unsolvable problems we currently face I might identify with the message a little more. I know it’s hard to find shit that rhymes with that stuff.

But nope let’s all just line up at the polls and vote for The Donald again, 4 more years oughta do it for real this time!! These are the same retards that can’t even storm the capital correctly, they get in and start wandering around taking selfies instead of dragging people out and killing them.

To answer your question no, nothing will be enough to stir people to action because everyone is braindead. They’d rather post about it on Twitter then go home and watch Netflix. I just pray that a worldwide catastrophe wipes out a large percentage of the population.
    Originally posted by Fox I thought it was a pretty dumb song. Like it’s the most surface level basic bullshit, yeah the government is corrupt have you been asleep for the last 25 years? Plus who do you think votes them in, it’s idiots like you.

The guy claims he’s in the political center (which is the correct position to be in), but then takes a rightwing stance immediately. Like if you think we’re all broke because of welfare queens you just haven’t done any research. That’s a Fox News talking point it’s not real.

If he had mentioned fractional reserve banking, the military-industrial complex, the corporate hijacking of democracy, campaign finance loopholes, or any of the many actual unsolvable problems we currently face I might identify with the message a little more. I know it’s hard to find shit that rhymes with that stuff.

But nope let’s all just line up at the polls and vote for The Donald again, 4 more years oughta do it for real this time!! These are the same retards that can’t even storm the capital correctly, they get in and start wandering around taking selfies instead of dragging people out and killing them.

To answer your question no, nothing will be enough to stir people to action because everyone is braindead. They’d rather post about it on Twitter then go home and watch Netflix. I just pray that a worldwide catastrophe wipes out a large percentage of the population.

You have a point but are kinda missing the point. Do u think a song about fractional reserve banking and artificial scarcities would have universal appeal? The song is purposely vague and tame if it wasn't it would have stayed in west by gone Virginia.

I get your larger point though, even if intentions are pure and it resonates people are still going to act like people. Trumps message resonated with people, Obama resonated with people and everyone still acted like clueless morons. Is information what people need? Should protest songs have a ton of big words and facts like a bad religion song? When the media apparatus is so powerful and people just stay in their echo chambers it kinda seems pointless but that's what's interesting about protest songs is it transcends that usual problem and the creative spirit moves them to identify with a position they might not have had before.

I like to think it might not all be pointless even though it is. Let's have HOPE we can MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN and hold onto these lofty ideals that may not be realistic to accomplish when people become ever so slightly more united under a banner they think is gonna save us
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    It's hard to make a CD with one song.
    Also, MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING already made this thread.
    And no one cares about some fat hillbilly crying into a microphone.
    Yeah I guess so, it has widespread appeal because it’s so simple. But the people it appeals to are simple too, they’re ineffectual. Nothing will change because people won’t change. Nobody is gonna wake up, and even if they do become aware of exactly how they are being screwed, they’ll just blame the wrong people anyway. I’m over it. I’m just trying to worry about myself. Fuck everyone else, they ruined this world they can have it
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    I don't know what woked up people looks like to you but my guess is all the blacks will go knock off Footlockers and the whites will stand around looking at each other because no one wants to get shot first.

It will take another government to undermine the USA to collapse it.
    But don't worry for it's already happening.

And that Dianne Fienstein bitch somehow died with a net worth of $110 million.
    Yet her salary was $175k.
    Without adjusting for inflation or deducting taxes and after 30 years she would have had $5.5 million.

Somehow she wound up with an extra $105 million????
    Maybe it was tips or maybe she won it at Bingo.

At my current rate it would take me over 3000 years to earn that much money.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    the song resonates with people who have their IQ thats located at the lower end of the spectrum of human intelligence.

ja, for some unknown cause or reason a hick in the middle of nowhere and a dog just suddenly have recording equipments that cost more than his trailler, his dogs and the shirt on his back combined.

ja, very believeable.
    Chios Honey African Astronaut
    Rich Men North of Richmond?

ahh You mean like umm Vallejo?
    It's obviously a shit song that went viral because j00tube pushed it. The song is trying to get blue collar people to rise up and create chaos. Just remember, nothing jeditube promotes is for people with common sense, also known as republicans. (Trying to educate you retard democrats)
    I also knew about this song when it only had about 30,000 views on jeditube. Now I've heard 2 random dickheads blaring it in the last week. One stupid & poor asshole in his 04 silverado that I'm sure he's still making payments on for the last 8 years and another poor aashole on a brand new Harley that he can barely afford the payments on
    Originally posted by toilet clogger It's obviously a shit song that went viral because j00tube pushed it. The song is trying to get blue collar people to rise up and create chaos. Just remember, nothing jeditube promotes is for people with common sense, also known as republicans. (Trying to educate you retard democrats)
    I also knew about this song when it only had about 30,000 views on jeditube. Now I've heard 2 random dickheads blaring it in the last week. One stupid & poor asshole in his 04 silverado that I'm sure he's still making payments on for the last 8 years and another poor aashole on a brand new Harley that he can barely afford the payments on

more like motivate union workers to strike against their wage oppression, real or imagined.
    Originally posted by Chios Honey ahh You mean like umm Vallejo?

Wtf didu just say about Vallejo , kodey.
    Originally posted by in da crawlspace - number sleven Wtf didu just say about Vallejo , kodey.

North of Richmond = Vallejo

of course he probably meant Va
    Originally posted by toilet clogger It's obviously a shit song that went viral because j00tube pushed it. The song is trying to get blue collar people to rise up and create chaos. Just remember, nothing jeditube promotes is for people with common sense, also known as republicans. (Trying to educate you retard democrats)

They should vote red and have older truck and worse motorcycle heard
    Originally posted by Chios Honey North of Richmond = Vallejo

of course he probably meant Va

You ate at the sardine can before ? Lookin at boat slips in the marina, not too bad man. Covered 36 foot slip is only 400/mo
    Originally posted by in da crawlspace - number sleven You ate at the sardine can before ? Lookin at boat slips in the marina, not too bad man. Covered 36 foot slip is only 400/mo

Is that near the new condo development or newish. I don't hang out in Vallejo. dropped some Coast Guard guys off there a few times but that place is Hood as fuck. worse than much of East Oakland I don't find myself hanging out in either.

no offense. V-Town has some cool history but just not a comfortable place to be an Uber driver or doordash
    I dunno I think so, there's some nice looking apartments or condos over there. It's next door to a newer coast guard station. Like a mile from the ferry terminal.

Vee town
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    song was ok but too sappy for my taste
Jump to Top