Kawkasian African Astronaut
    Tits out bitch.

https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/introducing-raspberry-pi-5/

2.4GHz quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76 CPU
    VideoCore VII GPU, supporting OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan 1.2
    Dual 4Kp60 HDMI® display output
    4Kp60 HEVC decoder
    Dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi®
    Bluetooth 5.0 / Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
    High-speed microSD card interface with SDR104 mode support
    2 × USB 3.0 ports, supporting simultaneous 5Gbps operation
    2 × USB 2.0 ports
    Gigabit Ethernet, with PoE+ support (requires separate PoE+ HAT, coming soon)
    2 × 4-lane MIPI camera/display transceivers
    PCIe 2.0 x1 interface for fast peripherals
    Raspberry Pi standard 40-pin GPIO header
    Real-time clock
    Power button
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Kawkasian Power button

lol

2.4GHz quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76 CPU sounds awesome for that price though, will check out instruction benchmarks

I feel like x86 dominance is pretty close to its end
    The power button is a great addition...after all the pissing around one had to do with safe shutdown scripts on previous models.
    I call it the Raspberry Pive
    maddie Tuskegee Airman
    This isn't much about the raspi5 but more what you can do with raspi in general. I have not been able to find anyone else doing this, but everyone knows how brave will pay you for ads. What if you write a web scraper in a non-conventional way using say a module like pyautogui? Have said script run 247 on multiple raspi and each month just trade all the brave ad reward crypt to your wallet.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    wouldn't you run into the same problems as botting any other way? you'd need them to go through different proxies, and would end up getting constantly hit with captchas and js checks
    maddie Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by aldra wouldn't you run into the same problems as botting any other way? you'd need them to go through different proxies, and would end up getting constantly hit with captchas and js checks

Lets say you ran 4 raspi, just setup 4 proxies and have each one connect to its dedicated proxy. Or if you would like to mix it up a bit, but lets say we are sticking with the 4 nodes. One or two as an old laptop, and the other 2 as raspi, have one of each reach out to the proxy, have the other 2 reach out to a vpn.

Also i forgot to mention while using the pyautogui module, have it scrape though websites as fast as a efficient human would so you wont get rate limited.
    it's worth a try if you have a few lying around, I just don't see why raspis would perform any better than just spooling up some VMs, randomising a bunch of the browser headers and connecting them through separate proxies or vpns

they will have novel ways to try to detect automatic behaviour like automatically distrusting connections from known proxies/vpns, checking to see if action times are consistent etc.. we used to do similar like 15 years ago with ad autoclickers so it's not like it's going to take them by surprise
    https://www.microcenter.com/product/671925/raspberry-pi-5-8gb

November 3rd at my local Microcenter.

YAS KWEEN
    Originally posted by maddie This isn't much about the raspi5 but more what you can do with raspi in general.

Pretty much an unlimited number of things.

Some of the things I've used/am using them for.

Octopi, setup so I can remotely monitor and operate my 3D printing.
    Weather station
    Emulation - this is a pretty big one.
    Board replacement...similar to above, I've put a Raspberry pi 2 inside a commodore 64 case with a Keyrah board
    Cheap accelerator boards for legacy computers - Amiga pi for example.
    Additional functionality for ZX spectrum Next computer - allows realtime decoding of TZX files and fits right on the NEXT board.
    Operating and controlling robotic devices etc.

Etc etc!
    Originally posted by Kawkasian Pretty much an unlimited number of things.

Weather station
    Board replacement…similar to above, I've put a Raspberry pi 2 inside a commodore 64 case with a Keyrah board
    Additional functionality for ZX spectrum Next computer - allows realtime decoding of TZX files and fits right on the NEXT board.

Etc etc!

ie - bringing back youth
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny ie - bringing back youth

How is using it to monitor my 3D printer or building a wather station bringing back my youth?

...let alone using it as a cheap accelerator card which I never had in my youth.

Originally posted by Kawkasian How is using it to monitor my 3D printer or building a wather station bringing back my youth?

…let alone using it as a cheap accelerator card which I never had in my youth.

you know the point i was making.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny you know the point i was making.

As I pointed out, your point makes no sense as my use of raspberry pis doesn't in any way "Bring back my youth"

Originally posted by Kawkasian As I pointed out, your point makes no sense as my use of raspberry pis doesn't in any way "Bring back my youth"

Originally posted by Kawkasian Pretty much an unlimited number of things.

Weather station
    Board replacement…similar to above, I've put a Raspberry pi 2 inside a commodore 64 case with a Keyrah board

Etc etc!

bolded for you're convenience.

Yep as mentioned didn't have an accelerator board.

Already have original devices so don't need a pi to "bring back my youth"

ZX Spectrum NEXT is a NEW computer...not an old one...unless you consider my youth extending to 2020 when it came out
    ..and even then it's use in the NEXT is to decode TZX files...something else that didn't exist in my youth.

There is NO use of the raspberry PI that is in any way "bring back" something I didn't already have in another form factor.

Stay in school kid

Originally posted by Kawkasian Yep as mentioned didn't have an accelerator board.

Already have original devices so don't need a pi to "bring back my youth"

ZX Spectrum NEXT is a NEW computer…not an old one…unless you consider my youth extending to 2020 when it came out
    ..and even then it's use in the NEXT is to decode TZX files…something else that didn't exist in my youth.

There is NO use of the raspberry PI that is in any way "bring back" something I didn't already have in another form factor.

Stay in school kid

i dont see you denying that old computers are bringing back your youth or, sense of youthfulness.

why is that.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny i dont see you denying that old computers are bringing back your youth or, sense of youthfulness.

why is that.

Because they are not. Just as owning a 1950s muscle car doesn't either. Appreciation of past technology has nothing to do with bringing back one's youth.

An art collector like Fona who bought that art deco lamp and table isn't trying to bring back he's youth by buying classic items

Once again your comprehension of how the world works has failed you.

ETA: And again...a raspberry PI is modern tech...so can't bring back any nostalgia from the past...especially as mentioned when I already own the original hardware so don't need it to do that.
    The Real Youth Simulator
    I never even used the 5 or 6 of them i have laying around. Nice specs tho
Jump to Top