User Controls

Factorio was a very satisfying game if you haven't played

eBagger Tuskegee Airman
    Here is my first (And only) train station. I almost got fed up trying to learn the trains, but I was already on easy mode where the bugs don't attack you, but you have to clear them out as you expand and find new resources.

I remember after I launched my first rocket, which took like 80hrs or something, possibly longer, and on a level where bugs don't attack, thats pretty slow. But I like taking my time and trying things, and I hate being rushed, which is why it was important that I play the first time without worrying about waves upon waves destroying precious infrastructure. Then, at least for me, it becomes a stressful game, and less of a leisurely "How do I get all this shit from here to here" game.

Once I discovered solar, everything felt possible in a matter of time. And the robots to help, its like, I can see infinite replayability within Factorio, it scratches a resources managements/RTS/defense game itch, and is really satisfying when you set up a bunch of shit and give it power and everything works.

When I'm gaming, I tend to like several options depending on mood, usually 2 routes. A RTS/Shitty graphics/Strategic economically or militarily or logistically game like factorio, and an FPS like PUBG/CS2/Halo/Fortnite/Warzone/Rust fast paced reflex based round shooters.

When I played Factorio it felt getting rusty gears in my mind working again, like when you go back to school after a long period off and the teacher starts writing numbers on the board and you're brain is like oh fuck.

And I didn't even give a shit about Nuclear power but I think you need it for focket fuel or something, but when it first went online wow what a power boost.

I played the entire thing on my laptop, but I might install again and play on a larger monitor. I still don't want to turn bug waves on until I'm competent again. But I don't know about you guys, one thing that sucks about life is time is obviously of the essence, and there is much to play and do outside of a game one has already played through, but I think it is a top rated top awarded game on Steam and well respected, there is a probably a reason I'm thinking about playing it like a year after I launched my first rocket.

I had all these plans for a mega plant like you see videos on, but alas, it is much more complicated when putting it into action, and I kept getting hung up and quitting, but I wanted to start a new world like halfway through because of how stupid and disorganized I setup things.

That is all. Go play Factorio.
    totse2118 Space Nigga [my ci light-haired pongee]
    lol the ultimate crackhead game. I would put it in the same autism category as dwarf fortress.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    autism simulator

I need to work out circuits and logic operators but I might wait until the DLC releases before I try playing again

I've launched the rocket a few times but never actually built a spiderbot
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    eBagger Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by totse2118 lol the ultimate crackhead game. I would put it in the same autism category as dwarf fortress.

Oh rly. I just started watching some guides on Dwarf fortress but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to have the patience to play it. Like in Cities skylines its easy to expand and see the problems and the vision you might have, its a little harder for me to summon creativity thus far but I've only like...built a couple beds and shit.

Originally posted by aldra autism simulator

I need to work out circuits and logic operators but I might wait until the DLC releases before I try playing again

I've launched the rocket a few times but never actually built a spiderbot

Yeah neither have I. Oh speaking of DLC, the tons of other mods and space mods and shit. I haven't played any of those but I could imagine expanding on Factorio like infinitely. I also don't know the circuits and logic either. When you see the shit people create with that stuff, its like I feel like I need to be getting paid to play at that level.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Optimization scares me. I have the autism but not the IQ to truly enjoy Factorio. I spend an inordinate amount of time manually crafting things because using my extremely limited brain power to efficiently map out conveyor belt systems and other logistics nonsense is just... not in the cards. Sorry, Lanny.

Maybe I'll try to get back into and not be retarded if we get meth.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Or maybe I just have too much autism and I can't stomach the inefficiencies brought about by inexperience. There are two kinds of perfectionists: the kind who fuck up constantly and the kind who don't. The kind who don't fuck up constantly succeed in this by not attempting to succeed, where the kind who fucks up constantly finds success in life by hopelessly endeavoring to achieve that mythological perfection even though that predictably means always coming up short.

Things get a little messy and I quit, because it's not perfect and it can never be perfect. I kinda wish I was the other kind of perfectionist.
    eBagger Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by Meikai Or maybe I just have too much autism and I can't stomach the inefficiencies brought about by inexperience. There are two kinds of perfectionists: the kind who fuck up constantly and the kind who don't. The kind who don't fuck up constantly succeed in this by not attempting to succeed, where the kind who fucks up constantly finds success in life by hopelessly endeavoring to achieve that mythological perfection even though that predictably means always coming up short.

Things get a little messy and I quit, because it's not perfect and it can never be perfect. I kinda wish I was the other kind of perfectionist.

Right it can be stressful being a perfectionist. There is a fine line between being thorough and perfectionist. I fuck up as well, so I try to focus the perfectionist on the small things I can do perfect aka grill the perfect quesadilla or perfect room/gym organization. I too quit early if there is the slightest hitch or flaw early on. Depending on the matter, its a correct way of thinking. Some things, despite small bullshit like that, are worth fumbling and audibleing through, for experience and/or end result. I'm sure you know this I'm just re-iterating for post sake.

Perfectionist even when making a post can be annoying as fuck, believe it or not this quick 30 second post, turned into like 6 minutes of me retyping, because I kept mixing some try hard smarty talk with I don't even know, long compound sentences God damn
    That 30 second-read of a post you made turned into a 7 minute study as I tried to read it in you're proper voice, trying again and again to get every last bit of meaning out of it
Jump to Top