User Controls

Why do I need it to function

Why do I require the ingestion of a psychoactive substance in order to function normally? I do almost everything right. I get enough sleep, exercise a lot, and I eat well, although not perfectly. Why do I still require the use of a substance, whether it be Stratera, or Lexapro, or Medical Cannabis, in order to function properly?

If I don't take my meds, I get cranky and irritable and get intrusive thoughts and my anxiety goes through the roof.

But if I do take my meds, I either become stupid (from weed) or have chance of developing a disorder like Dopamine Supersensitivity Psychosis.

Where did it all go wrong, fuys...
    totse2118 Space Nigga [my ci light-haired pongee]
    i abuse sugar, weed, caffeiene and nicotine instead of meth. also eating fat food

otherwise I can hardly function I NEED TO CONSUUUUUMEEEEEEEEEEE i ate a chocolate bar today im drinking coffee and smoking weed and hitting the vape and im gonna eat more sugar

feelsgoodman.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    stop taking your meds for a week or two and see what happens

immediate bad effects are usually due to rebound/withdrawal leading you to think you'll always feel awful without them which probably isn't the case
    totse2118 Space Nigga [my ci light-haired pongee]
    Originally posted by aldra stop taking your meds for a week or two and see what happens

you sound like my the rapist
    Rape Monster Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Kingoffrogs Why do I require the ingestion of a psychoactive substance in order to function normally? I do almost everything right. I get enough sleep, exercise a lot, and I eat well, although not perfectly. Why do I still require the use of a substance, whether it be Stratera, or Lexapro, or Medical Cannabis, in order to function properly?

If I don't take my meds, I get cranky and irritable and get intrusive thoughts and my anxiety goes through the roof.

But if I do take my meds, I either become stupid (from weed) or have chance of developing a disorder like Dopamine Supersensitivity Psychosis.

Where did it all go wrong, fuys…

What meds do you take
    Originally posted by Rape Monster What meds do you take

.5 mg Risperidone, 40 mg Stratera, 15 mg lexapro
    Originally posted by Kingoffrogs .5 mg Risperidone, 40 mg Stratera, 15 mg lexapro

All pretty reasonable doses. Do you feel the Straterra does anything for you? Most people don't. My psychiatrist wants to try me on this new non stimulant ADHD med called Qelbree next month, a similar SNRI. It's supposed to be "as good as stimulants" at managing symptoms so I'll probably try it at least.

Risperdal is a shit drug though, too many side effects unless someone is seriously psychotic which you don't seem to be. It's overused in psychiatry just like Seroquel and other atypical antipsychotics.
    Stratera does nothing, and I was given the risperidone for bipolar that I don't have (opinion of multiple doctors and physicians that know my medical history.)
    I'm tapering off the risperidone and hopefully switching to something that works instead of stratera. Maybe getting of lexapro too.
    Originally posted by Kingoffrogs Stratera does nothing, and I was given the risperidone for bipolar that I don't have (opinion of multiple doctors and physicians that know my medical history.)
    I'm tapering off the risperidone and hopefully switching to something that works instead of stratera. Maybe getting of lexapro too.

I'd just drop the risperidone if I were you, sounds like you don't need it or want it and are taking it just because. It doesn't work as a mood stabilizer anyways.

The next logical step for most psych docs after Straterra fails is to try a stimulant so you might be in luck if you've been on it for a bit and can tell them it's not working.
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    K
    Originally posted by Rape Monster I'd just drop the risperidone if I were you, sounds like you don't need it or want it and are taking it just because. It doesn't work as a mood stabilizer anyways.

The next logical step for most psych docs after Straterra fails is to try a stimulant so you might be in luck if you've been on it for a bit and can tell them it's not working.

Been on stratera for 3+ years, I'm sure they'll switch me to something else. Risperidone is used to treat a shitload of other things as an off-label prescription, Like OCD and ODD.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Why when I'm not high does my life
    Feel like it's missin' somethin'?
    I know that I Must Be High
    So that I can function.

Probably because brains are complicated and there's 8 billion different ones with lots of different wirings.

Most people need something to help them function, whether it be coffee or heroin. I guess it's just the way the cringe cookie crumbles. I know the feels.

Maybe just eat an apple and go for a jog and all your problems will either away.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top