User Controls

The incredible pixel art of the pokemon TCG game for GBC

LITERALLY EVERY CARD IN THE GAME HAS THE SAME DITHERING PATTERN

HOW

WHAT PROGRAM DID THEY USE???

I HAVE NO IDEA BUT THIS IS LEGENDARY MAYBE THEY FIGURED IT OUT BUT I DOUBT IT, I BELIEVE THE PROGRAM IS A MYSTERY
    if not I will be using whatever method they used to do this becuase holy shit I just learned about this the other day

do you see it

look at the pixels in the back they all line up

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    they probably just took most of the backgrounds from generic landscape/sky photos and downscaled them which is why they all look similar
    they don't look similar, they are pixel perfect exact across every card, the ones where you can't see the pixels are just because of the way it comes out from the color pallet. Even the greyscale GB version are all the same thing and the video confirms color pallets were coded after all the graphics were already made

Originally posted by aldra they probably just took most of the backgrounds from generic landscape/sky photos and downscaled them which is why they all look similar

not just the pokemon cards but every energy card, trainer card all the same background dithering pattern
    oh they probably just used their own programming thing math code magic to render the art dithering. The game source code got reverse engineered but I assume their dithering algorithm wasn't included

Jump to Top