User Controls

Is there any proof that Russia was behind the email hacking?

All I've read is that a spear phishing attack was used to compromise Podesta's gmail account, which could've been done by anyone, including some guy sitting on his bed who weighs 400lbs, or a rogue CIA agent.
    Hazza32 Houston
    removed
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    no, there is zero evidence, it is literally just the media taking the CIA at their word
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    What I read is that a certain cyber security firm that would only benefit greatly by saying that this particular hack by Russia happened, said that it happened but wasn't able to provide any proof what-so-ever.

I think it would have exploded by now if it did actually happen.
    No its all fake news and derpadews just like you OP you fucking altdra bitch ass faggot, fuck you.

YOu know who I haven't heard from in a long time? Hillary Clinton and that creepy weirdo she had following her around for VP, fuck fake news and derpadews, fuck the jedis and FUCK YOU!. shill motherfucker burn in hell!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu6wUrCNYlQ
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by SBTlauien What I read is that a certain cyber security firm that would only benefit greatly by saying that this particular hack by Russia happened, said that it happened but wasn't able to provide any proof what-so-ever.

sort of. I read the initial crowdstrike report from when the DNC servers got owned; they basically said that the techniques, attack vector and VPN/VPS service the attacks were staged from were consistent with another group (FancyBears) that they believe to be FSB/GRU. FancyBears have never been proven to have government ties and have denied it publicly.

In short - the attack was similar to an attack mounted by a group they believe to be linked to the Russian government without any factual basis. This was the initial report that the 'Russian involvement' story was based on.

I said at the time that it seemed to me that there was a definite trend of security companies attributing attacks to 'state actors' based on weak or no evidence - a sort of way to deflect their own failures; they try to give the impression that 'it's not our fault, how are we supposed to stop an adversary with so much training and funding?' to stop their clients from dropping them.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by SBTlauien What I read is that a certain cyber security firm that would only benefit greatly by saying that this particular hack by Russia happened, said that it happened but wasn't able to provide any proof what-so-ever.

A lot of cyber security firms are playing the Russia angle hard. Heard about APT 28? AKA "Fancy Bear" It's supposedly a Russian based advanced persistent thread. They get blamed for all sorts of shit. Truthfully, Cyber sec firms are big into fear mongering it helps them sell their products. Nope, no conflict of interests there.
Jump to Top