User Controls

I wanted to be a lawyer

Meikai Heck This Schlong
    But I talked myself out of it because I figured it's a job for social types. You gotta do cocaine at strip clubs with the prosecutor and cut a deal for your client. I just wanted to make strong legal arguments and that's not all there is to a lawyer's job. Or so I convinced myself.

Sad.

Oh well, I probably woulda dropped out of law school anyway. I'm lazy.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Talking yourself out of being a lawyer is one of the most lawyerish things you could do lol.

Maybe you could still be a paralegal or something. Someone who more sits in the background, not the spotlight, just preparing arguments and helping lawyers while not having to do the heavy lifting so-to-speak.

Of course you'd still have to interact with folks but it would be easier to ease into it, and with time, like anything, your social skills would likely improve with the territory.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Incessant African Astronaut
    I think we should appoint you as a lawyer here. You do seem to make sound arguments.
    Incessant African Astronaut
    Originally posted by mmQ Talking yourself out of being a lawyer is one of the most lawyerish things you could do lol.

Maybe you could still be a paralegal or something. Someone who more sits in the background, not the spotlight, just preparing arguments and helping lawyers while not having to do the heavy lifting so-to-speak.

Of course you'd still have to interact with folks but it would be easier to ease into it, and with time, like anything, your social skills would likely improve with the territory.

Agreed. And how are you? I lost your number when I got a new phone. Text me.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Incessant Agreed. And how are you? I lost your number when I got a new phone. Text me.

I don't know if I still have yours either. Thought you were using like a temporary number or something weird. Sorry Lucy this has nothing to do with lawyering and I don't know why I'm not just sending this in a DIRECT MESSAGE as the kids say. (I still like to say PRIVATE MESSAGE). But, I've come this far so I'm gonna post here. Then at some point after this I will see the red dot next to messages and it will be a message from Malicious saying 'haha you goofball here's my new number text me anytime day or night' and I will reply 'lol ok but I probably won't text much as I'm boring and have nothing to say' and then whatever happens after that, happens after that.

Thank you
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    This is in half baked. Don't apologize to me mmQ, this thread was always meant to be retarded. It was its destiny.
    kick Tuskegee Airman [discourteously tickle this dendrolagus]
    Originally posted by mmQ Talking yourself out of being a lawyer is one of the most lawyerish things you could do lol.

Believing this makes you not be a lawyer
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by kick Believing this makes you not be a lawyer

Twas hyperbole
    Haxxor Space Nigga
    Objection
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    Originally posted by mmQ Twas hyperbole

Believing this makes you not a cable news anchor
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Ok you're right I was being literal. There's nothing more lawyerish than talking yourself out of something. No objections, no passing the bar exam, no charging $200 an hour, no paperwork, no closing arguments, no jail visits. Nothing and I do mean NOTHING says lawyer like a person talking themselves out of being a lawyer. LITERALLY. no cap. Dead ass.
    Haxxor Space Nigga
    sustained
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    *massively over-exaggerated gavel rap*
    Haxxor Space Nigga
    I'll enter a not guilty plea on your behalf.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I'll submit an Alford plea on behalf of myself.
    Originally posted by mmQ Ok you're right I was being literal. There's nothing more lawyerish than talking yourself out of something. No objections, no passing the bar exam, no charging $200 an hour, no paperwork, no closing arguments, no jail visits. Nothing and I do mean NOTHING says lawyer like a person talking themselves out of being a lawyer. LITERALLY. no cap. Dead ass.

That's more like it.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker That's more like it.

filibuster
Jump to Top