User Controls

Do you think 3d printed firearms are viable?

Bradley Black Hole
    Folks I have seen two things related to them and both were fascinating.

One of my friends and I worked on a 3d printer to build it from scrap to start. Now by him and I, I mean I showed up twice a week and drank and talk to him about it for six hours. He looks like David Coresh of the Branch Davidians, kinda reminds me of him as well, so I was fascinated with seeing this (but have better shit to do than work on this with him)

He began getting closer to finishing it and began doing test runs, he would do like tiny bowls and vases, which I was given and used to grow tiny succulents (a desert plant with small roots) in, he began progressing, he showed me something his brother lent him and said we need to see if this piece would fit in it. I briefly saw nothing and became very excited, he showed me four other blueprints from thinkofit.com or like thingiverse or some shit like that and my jaw dropped i was like u for real

3 days later, he texted me and asked me if i wanted ot hang out next week instead of that day, and then told me like 11 days ahead of time.

He comes over at the prearranged time (He's extremely smart and like professional despite being friends with me) and i asked him what up with it and he said he really doesn't feel comfortable explaining it, we get lunch, go back to his house, i say hi to his nasty 19 year old girlfriend (he's 34) and i ask where teh printer is and he looks me in the eye and says "What printer?" and the blank look told me everything

i was like damn my niggas the fucking coolest.

the other one is where I saw my friend buy one for like 100$ on armslist or some shit and he had this big white cube looking thing in his hand, and it was a one shot 9mm, and he fired about six bullets out of it and the sixth one (I got to see this) blew fire out of the side for a flash of a second and he dropped the gun , i'm like 20 feet away with safety glasses on holding a beer yelling "This is awesome" and i kinda thought about the 3d firearms

this is several years and improvements may have been made

my friend sustained medium bad burns to the top of his hand from his knuckle to about his thumb and most of the first two (Thumb and first) fingers top.

I was like wow that was worth 100$
    Bradley Black Hole
    now they say you can get 300 rounds out of the AR sometimes more before the cracking (that spilled fire into my friends hand from the chamber explosion) renders the gun useless and you gotta go to the library and print another one
    Bradley Black Hole
    my friends fine btw if anyones concerned the scary wizard friend first mentioned with the 3d printer he never built isn't the same friend that sells drugs and thought it be cool to buy a 3d gun when they were fresh new and after the 5th shot it probably cracked bad, and the sixth sent fire into his right hand.
    Bradley Black Hole
    He just got a big ass pink patch on his first two fingers to his thumb knuckle, I told him to say he got it the first time he got to finger some pussy.
    I heard they suck because lower receiver needs like machines lathed metal or some shit

But I mean if this guy can literally kill the president of Japan it can't be THAT hard

Originally posted by Ecto the plasm There are many other places with far less guns and way more violence

Banning guns might stop criminals and thugs, or lone woofs.

But what about terrorists? What about lone woofs that make a zip gun or suicide vest from pool cleaning chemicals?
    What about all the rocks and mountains that contain ores to produce these things, gotta crack down on illegal mining

You got a loicense for that firewood and assault axe sir??

Your timing could not be worse

Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    Sure glad I sold my Ghost Gunner 3.0 last month.
    Pete Green African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Bradley Folks I have seen two things related to them and both were fascinating.

One of my friends and I worked on a 3d printer to build it from scrap to start. Now by him and I, I mean I showed up twice a week and drank and talk to him about it for six hours. He looks like David Coresh of the Branch Davidians, kinda reminds me of him as well, so I was fascinated with seeing this (but have better shit to do than work on this with him)

He began getting closer to finishing it and began doing test runs, he would do like tiny bowls and vases, which I was given and used to grow tiny succulents (a desert plant with small roots) in, he began progressing, he showed me something his brother lent him and said we need to see if this piece would fit in it. I briefly saw nothing and became very excited, he showed me four other blueprints from thinkofit.com or like thingiverse or some shit like that and my jaw dropped i was like u for real

3 days later, he texted me and asked me if i wanted ot hang out next week instead of that day, and then told me like 11 days ahead of time.

He comes over at the prearranged time (He's extremely smart and like professional despite being friends with me) and i asked him what up with it and he said he really doesn't feel comfortable explaining it, we get lunch, go back to his house, i say hi to his nasty 19 year old girlfriend (he's 34) and i ask where teh printer is and he looks me in the eye and says "What printer?" and the blank look told me everything

i was like damn my niggas the fucking coolest.

the other one is where I saw my friend buy one for like 100$ on armslist or some shit and he had this big white cube looking thing in his hand, and it was a one shot 9mm, and he fired about six bullets out of it and the sixth one (I got to see this) blew fire out of the side for a flash of a second and he dropped the gun , i'm like 20 feet away with safety glasses on holding a beer yelling "This is awesome" and i kinda thought about the 3d firearms

this is several years and improvements may have been made

my friend sustained medium bad burns to the top of his hand from his knuckle to about his thumb and most of the first two (Thumb and first) fingers top.

I was like wow that was worth 100$

Make one and sell it to an undercover ATF
    3D Printed guns are dangerous, useless, and stupid.
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker 3D Printed guns are dangerous, useless, and stupid.

I guess I Shuold just change my name to "3D printed gun then" wait no I mean YOU should change your name to that.

*blows smoke from pistol*

4D printed guns are where it's at
    Originally posted by β˜†$Pβ‚³C3πŸπŸŒŸπŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ»κ’°βŒβ– Ο‰β– κ’±πŸ‘πŸΏπŸͺ$H33PπŸ‘πŸŒ› I guess I Shuold just change my name to "3D printed gun then" wait no I mean YOU should change your name to that.

*blows smoke from pistol*

4D printed guns are where it's at

Originally posted by Speedy Parker …dangerous, useless, and stupid.

You're only dangerous to yourself but hey, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Keep trying sparky...
    I haven't tried yet

I just wanted to keep the thread bumped for OP <3
    Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker 3D Printed guns are dangerous, useless, and stupid.

How so?

Assuming you make it to fit an actual gun barrel.
    Originally posted by Cowboy2013 How so?

Assuming you make it to fit an actual gun barrel.

From what little you've posted about firearms I know you already know the answer.
    3d printed guns are meant to be used in apllication where disposable guns are desired.

its not something for collectors and/or 2A enthusiasts.
    1st off to print with material that is even remotely suitable for frames and recivers you need an FDM 3D printer. A decent FDM 3D printer run in the neighborhood of $1200. For that price you can get a really nice pistol like an FN57. Or you could grab two S&W M&P model chambered in a variety of calibers. Or you could get 9 or 10 Hi-Point CF 380s.
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker 1st off to print with material that is even remotely suitable for frames and recivers you need an FDM 3D printer. A decent FDM 3D printer run in the neighborhood of $1200. For that price you can get a really nice pistol like an FN57. Or you could grab two S&W M&P model chambered in a variety of calibers. Or you could get 9 or 10 Hi-Point CF 380s.

thats assuming people who print 3d guns want to print juat ONE gun.

shlomo parker have yet learn the economies of scale and mass production.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny thats assuming people who print 3d guns want to print juat ONE gun.

shlomo parker have yet learn the economies of scale and mass production.

Ptint all the frames and recivers you want. Try printing the barrel dumb ass. A barrel will run you between $200 and $1000.
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Ptint all the frames and recivers you want. Try printing the barrel dumb ass. A barrel will run you between $200 and $1000.

a casual search reveals that those thing can be bought for as low as 50-60.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny a casual search reveals that those thing can be bought for as low as 50-60.

Lol bullshit
Jump to Top