User Controls

Poll: Is LK-99 the holy grail of science?

LK-99

Supposed room temperature superconductor just announced.

FAKE OR REAL?

Pete Green African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Supposed room temperature semiconductor just announced.

FAKE OR REAL?

I was talking about this I think. maybe it wasn't here. this is supposed to be a major break through out of South Korea (but I guess a chinese student because China is beating their chest for the victory)

it will make bullet-trains move 10x faster. 3000 mile an hour bullet-trains in glass tubes I guess. imagine going from LA to NYC in less than an hour time. or San Francisco to Chicago in 35 minutes time without flying on a plane or jet.

it has to be in a vacuum tube because of sound waves and sound pressure slowing down the cars. but will run outside of glass tunnels when its only traveling 300-400 or less.

perhaps cars in the future as well
    I'll wager 25c and 2lbs of deer sausage it's bullshit.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I'll wager 25c and 2lbs of deer sausage it's bullshit.

it might be but my first thought was how come the fucking thing doesn't totally lev instead of a side of it still connected to the opposing metal base. so its just a fucking magnet with opposite polarity (at least in the photo)

where is the actual video of this break through. someone needs to steal the information and spread it out on the internet for everyone to have for free.

since China doesn't like to honor trademark and copyright laws. we;ll do the chinese commie thing of giving it to ALL
    Finally we'll get hoverboards like in back to the future.
    Loing African Astronaut
    Guaranteed if it's even a superconductor at all, they will find that super conductance is achieved only in small fragments throughout bulk masses. And the material is ceramic and not a metal so you can't really form it into circuits well. So basically, close to useless practically in some senses.

However if it's real at all, if there is any RT superconductivity achieved at all anywhere in the material, it will be tremendous news from the research/theory POV. As far as we know from current info, LK-99 is purported to achieve superconductivity with a different mechanism than Cooper pairing, an alternative method involving quantum tunneling through the topogical defects between the material's internal surfaces.

So if it's at all real, it should be the beginning of a feeding frenzy of new RTSC research. And who knows, maybe it will help to produce a real, useful RTSC material that can be turned into wires and formed into circuits.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    I can barely afford to run a street car never mind a flying one, trains are autistic and gay, and they will never give us cheap electricity. Nuclear was supposed to (and could easily) give us "electricity too cheap to meter"? 80 years later the fags are too afraid to build power plants.

Superconducting apatites are a much needed innovation, but there seems to be no reasonable way to manufacture them in volume. The most obvious use I can imagine for superconductors, long distance energy transmission, runs into the fact that superconductors break down and lose their superconductivity when you pass a large current through them. So maybe they will be able to make this material (or another like it) in volume and maybe they'll find a use for it, but my opinion is that superconductors are pretty much impractical for pretty much all the things you might want to use them for.
    Originally posted by Donald Trump I can barely afford to run a street car never mind a flying one, trains are autistic and gay, and they will never give us cheap electricity. Nuclear was supposed to (and could easily) give us "electricity too cheap to meter"? 80 years later the fags are too afraid to build power plants.

Superconducting apatites are a much needed innovation, but there seems to be no reasonable way to manufacture them in volume. The most obvious use I can imagine for superconductors, long distance energy transmission, runs into the fact that superconductors break down and lose their superconductivity when you pass a large current through them. So maybe they will be able to make this material (or another like it) in volume and maybe they'll find a use for it, but my opinion is that superconductors are pretty much impractical for pretty much all the things you might want to use them for.

I support the move to build Nuclear Power Plants in Nevada's Atomic Bomb Testing site since it's already irradiated. think about it. build like 10 of them a few miles apart. out in the middle of restricted area of Nevada. no one will ever just LIVE there or at best no one is going to build track homes out there. its a perfect place to build 10 nuclear plants and place them on the grid.

the only reason Chernobyl killed people was because it was a "Slide-Rod" based system. We use cooling pools. they use rods with cooling pipes and the fucking rods got stuck when they were servicing them (or whatever happened) and on top of it. They fucking housed it in a giant tin box. we use 3-6 feet of reinforced concrete and steel re-barb.

Russians are fucking stupid faggots. 3 Mile Island wasn't shit. it got corrected fast. Ukraine issue is eventually going to melt through the bottom of its encased concrete housing (that was to be temporary) and leech into the water and murk everyone in the UKRAINE area with lukemia.
    Loing African Astronaut
    LK-99 more like fraudK-alldayandnight
    Lee et al. provide a method for chemical synthesis of LK-99: 2  in three steps. First they produce lanarkite from a 1:1 molar mixing of lead(II) oxide (PbO) and lead(II) sulfate (Pb(SO4)) powders, and heating at 725 °C (1,000 K; 1,340 °F) for 24 hours:

PbO + Pb(SO4) → Pb2(SO4)O.

Then, copper(I) phosphide (Cu3P) is produced by mixing copper (Cu) and phosphorus (P) powders in a 3:1 molar ratio in a sealed tube under a vacuum and heated to 550 °C (820 K; 1,000 °F) for 48 hours:: 3 

3 Cu + P → Cu3P.

Then, lanarkite and copper phosphide crystals are ground into a powder, placed in a sealed tube under a vacuum, and heated to 925 °C (1,200 K; 1,700 °F) for between 5‒20 hours: 3 

Pb2(SO4)O + Cu3P → Pb10-xCux(PO4)6O + S (g), where 0.9 < x < 1.1.

There were a number of problems with the above synthesis from the initial paper. The reaction is not balanced, and others reported the presence of copper(I) sulfide (Cu2S) as well. For x = 1 x=1 a balanced reaction might be:

5 Pb2SO4O + 6 Cu3P → Pb9Cu(PO4)6O + 5 Cu2S + Pb + 7 Cu.

Many syntheses produced fragmentary results in different phases, where some of the resulting fragments were responsive to magnetic fields, other fragments were not. The first synthesis to produce pure crystals found them to be diamagnetic insulators.

neat
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood Lee et al. provide a method for chemical synthesis of LK-99: 2  in three steps. First they produce lanarkite from a 1:1 molar mixing of lead(II) oxide (PbO) and lead(II) sulfate (Pb(SO4)) powders, and heating at 725 °C (1,000 K; 1,340 °F) for 24 hours:

PbO + Pb(SO4) → Pb2(SO4)O.

Then, copper(I) phosphide (Cu3P) is produced by mixing copper (Cu) and phosphorus (P) powders in a 3:1 molar ratio in a sealed tube under a vacuum and heated to 550 °C (820 K; 1,000 °F) for 48 hours:: 3 

3 Cu + P → Cu3P.

Then, lanarkite and copper phosphide crystals are ground into a powder, placed in a sealed tube under a vacuum, and heated to 925 °C (1,200 K; 1,700 °F) for between 5‒20 hours: 3 

Pb2(SO4)O + Cu3P → Pb10-xCux(PO4)6O + S (g), where 0.9 < x < 1.1.

There were a number of problems with the above synthesis from the initial paper. The reaction is not balanced, and others reported the presence of copper(I) sulfide (Cu2S) as well. For x = 1 x=1 a balanced reaction might be:

5 Pb2SO4O + 6 Cu3P → Pb9Cu(PO4)6O + 5 Cu2S + Pb + 7 Cu.

Many syntheses produced fragmentary results in different phases, where some of the resulting fragments were responsive to magnetic fields, other fragments were not. The first synthesis to produce pure crystals found them to be diamagnetic insulators.

neat

I dont know if you're a copypasta kinda guay

but umm.. if you truly understand this chemistry shit. Why are you not getting a chemist degree and become a Pharmacist? prior? I think Canada could expunge that if thats why. you need to do something. if not allowed to be a pharmacist, then go work in a fucking lab and make 6 figures a year. fuck you doing living off of Social Security bullshist in your 30s.

you could of had a PhD degree by now during covid shutin.
    Originally posted by Pete Green but umm.. if you truly understand this chemistry shit. Why are you not getting a chemist degree and become a Pharmacist?
    because that's not the economy i'm in. I am part of the underground, the shadow market &
    i'm a chemhack not a chemist

im not professionally trained at all , 100% self taught. I learned bench chemistry through meth cook writeups and MDMA cooking and eventually got bored of that. I memorized how to make every illegal drug and every precursor to pretty much anything

Originally posted by Ecto the plasm Yes it's called your local industrial chemical supplier

any drug can be made cheaper

My personal philosophy is that we should be working towards superabundance, everything should be worthless and so easy to buy/make that no international global corporation would even bother with it
    Like if LSD was legal, it would probably cost around $50 a dose, with $49.99 representing the cost of tax and half a penny for each stage of the production, despite being able to produce enough to dose the entire world for pennies per dose, and even potentially lower

LSD and fentanyl are uniquely potent that one person probably could produce enough to supply the entire world several times over. All the other drugs on the WHO essential medicines, despite being essential all rely on non domestic production

I don't know how people can just accept this, I don't take any pills daily but if I did I would not pay $200/month for a script, there's no way any drug costs that much unless it's made from gold ions and space dust.

http://www.freeleonardpickard.org/LSD-Prevelance.html

Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/08/op-ed-how-i-gave-up-alternating-current/

I am at the mercy of the grid going down just like anyone else. Living in a city it's hard to detach your life from the luxury of electricity, technology and society. I don't want to be here and live like this but I am and I have to, just like I will be able to in any situation if there is a disaster or apocalypse. I survived COVID like it was nothing

You can't prepare for everything, i used to be obsessed with that shit but now I believe the best way to 'prep' is to be educated and constantly learn about chemistry, industrial chemistry, the WHO essential medicines list and the history of how humans have used chemicals to make their lives easier. You can just chlorinate water and put fluoride in it. If da grid goes down for real you will find me stinking up the industrial area with chlorine and driving my tonka trucks with fluorite ore to the smelty

my new goal is to memorize how to make everything on this list so I can replace the entire healthcare industry with small batch local producers instead of relying on india

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHO_Model_List_of_Essential_Medicines

You can make aspirin from wintergreen oil which is usually university level bench chemistry just getting started, that's a pretty easy and boring one though. Even a school aged child could learn that

i'm more into skitzo chemistry like electroreductions , hydrogenation, hoffman rearrangements and things involving gold ions and phase transfer catalysts. Fun fact high end cancer drugs worth thousands of dollars aren't all that complex to make but the reason they are so expensive is becuase of a lack of people making the precursors and reagents because of all the laws and bullshit hurrr durrdurrrr SEE: MARTIN SKREKELI

https://www.peptide.com/resources/solid-phase-peptide-synthesis/coupling-reagents/
    ^how to make cancer drugs in the kitchen of ur mom
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood Just buy your own gold

personally I think palladium is a better play and it can be used in times of trouble for meth production so all those people that say YOU CAN"T EAT GOLD are actually idiots because METAL HAS USES

Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood because that's not the economy i'm in. I am part of the underground, the shadow market &
    i'm a chemhack not a chemist

im not professionally trained at all , 100% self taught. I learned bench chemistry through meth cook writeups and MDMA cooking and eventually got bored of that. I memorized how to make every illegal drug and every precursor to pretty much anything

That didn't answer my question. If you're capable of understanding this (which you seem to have some understanding but I'm sure with dangerous false leads) you should get a proper education and enjoy the fruits of the same kind of labor and work you seem to be so passionate about. how in the fuck do you benefit from a shadowy existence? lol FLMAO. I mean the legal cost if you get busted could easily pay for the college expenses maybe 5 times over. Holy fucking shit. Get your shit together. You have the will to do this shit.

I was offered a Pharm Tech schooling by the Rx store I worked in behind the counter as a helper and I turned it down. You know why? Because I have 0 ability to listen to old people rant which is selfish in a way but you have to understand what I suffer from. its not a lack of compassion but it stacks up on my own personal issues of being sick. so I left. I honestly wouldn't of been able to succeed because of the ADD effect. I would of probably killed someone accidentally by derp while refilling a script. today its mostly done by machines.
    Originally posted by Pete Green That didn't answer my question. If you're capable of understanding this (which you seem to have some understanding but I'm sure with dangerous false leads) you should get a proper education and enjoy the fruits of the same kind of labor and work you seem to be so passionate about.

I'm passionate about a lot of things. I'm the modern da vinci man

I also find ACTUAL CHEMISTRY like balancing equations and shit to be pretty boring. I like bench chemistry like old school style where you just mix shit in a drum and hope it doesn't explode like the 1930's. Those guys had degrees, but a lot of them didn't lol and that was before the EPA where you could just dump waste in a field.

read this book
    https://library.sciencemadness.org/library/books/gergel_isopropyl_bromide.pdf

or zubricks
    https://files.shroomery.org/cms/5175703-Zubrick-OrganicChemistryLaboratorySurvivalManual2NdEd.pdf

also i'm a highschool dropout. If I was gonna get a STEM degree it would be in soil science I think, you can literally become an astronaut with a soil science degree. I actually have more of a background in that, I worked at a store selling hydroponics supplies, fertilizer, farm chemicals, pesiticides. I was supposed to get a chemical handler license but I do a lot of shit.

I'm into fax machines and learning programming now, i'm pretty BORED of chemistry. I talk about it a lot though, I have all kinds of weird hobbies and obsessions okay.

Originally posted by Ghost You sound jealous of the fact that I am like Leonardo da Vinci, a modern day Renaissance man that has lived a more interesting life in my short amount of time on this planet than you could ever live.

You just live on a shitty rock and probably never left the town you were born in while I have traveled thousands of miles across my entire country and had way more interesting and cool experiences than you.
    a GRaph1c design studio opened right down the street from where I live. They do gr4phic design , web design and SEO shite, i dunno if they would hire me but I want to work there, I'm trying to switch to white collar and computer type work. I also learned theres a 3d printer at the library so i'm trying to think of ways to make $$$ from free access to that

I have no background in it but they seem like a small startup so maybe they would hire me idk i'm gonna check them out later after I eat and visit their website. I neeed $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to fund all my ideas.
    dont get chemistry as a hobby btw its very expensive I need like $2k minimum to do anything I want nowadays unless I want to just fuck around with garage chemistry and chemicals from home depot. To do anything cool you need real glassware, stirrers, real chemicals, shipping on something like lithium is $200 just to ship it
    I'm not stoking your fucking non-existing talents nor ego outside of the one talent of understanding some basic chemistry. take it to the next fucking level.

stop post whoring your "accomplishments" which you have none
    your just brainwashed by an evil society

i'm building the future
    starting my own bank and building the future economy while you stay trapped in a dying old world mentality and a evil corrupt society & economy

STAY MAD. I learn more every day while you stay brainwashed by FAKE NEWS and DERPADEWS
    Bill Krozbydogs forever!!

https://trianglesfinancial.com/
    https://trianglesfinancial.com/

Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood also more people are discovering the hidden bhutanese shadow market and shadow economy that lies beneath the artificial light of the secular world. Also known as "THe Red Light Districts wall street" because it's inside a wall in another dimension

they sell elixirs of life!

I'm also going to become a famous writer and poet like Franz Kafka

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Kafka

I have already written a book

https://niggasin.space/thread/82103

More like a manifesto but w.e we all gotta start somewhere. I have written a lot of erotica
Jump to Top