User Controls

Do you believe in God?

Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    I don't want to do psychedelics anymore because of what I read about the CIA. But when I did I was sure there was a god of some sort and that I couldn't really die.

Being sober it's harder to believe but existence and consciousness seems impossible without it.

The importance of religion is so we don't end up like things are today in the West. And I also believe that there is a power in belief itself.
    Bradley Black Hole
    Yeah there's a bunch of them. My god has a wife, parents and children.
    Haxxor Space Nigga
    The truth is,
    No one is Hindu,
    No one is Muslim,
    No one is Christian,
    No one is jedi,
    Every human is made out of clay,
    The soul is from God
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    Originally posted by Bradley Yeah there's a bunch of them. My god has a wife, parents and children.

Your God died
    BeeReBuddy motherfucker [pimp your due marabout]
    I believe in God.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by BeeReBuddy I believe in God.

But does he believe in you?
    BeeReBuddy motherfucker [pimp your due marabout]
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker But does he believe in you?

Don't ask questions.
    Originally posted by BeeReBuddy Don't ask questions.

Don't answer questions with commands.
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Your God died

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Cowboy2013

And thats what killed him..
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    could be a creator, doubt he really cares what happens to us though
    Originally posted by aldra could be a creator, doubt he really cares what happens to us though

The Bible is full of accounts where God stepped in on behalf of truth and justice concerning Man. You should read about them.
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ The Bible is full of accounts where God stepped in on behalf of truth and justice concerning Man. You should read about them.

The Brothers Grimm also wrote some cool stories you should check out.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    I believe God is real in the same way I believe the sky is blue. Which is to say I have empirically based evidence suggesting both things may be true, but if I'm not actively looking at God or the sky then I have no beliefs one way or the other. "God is real" and "the sky is blue" were both things I believed equally true at one point or another, but I don't believe (or actively disbelieve!) that they are true.

I have no faith, and that suits me. Neither the faith to believe in God's existence, nor the faith to believe God doesn't exist. If God's real, I really hope he's not the kind who thinks capacity for faith is of the utmost importance. Would be a real shame if everyone got into Heaven except people who weren't entirely credulous.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Meikai I believe God is real in the same way I believe the sky is blue. Which is to say I have empirically based evidence suggesting both things may be true, but if I'm not actively looking at God or the sky then I have no beliefs one way or the other. "God is real" and "the sky is blue" were both things I believed equally true at one point or another, but I don't believe (or actively disbelieve!) that they are true.

I have no faith, and that suits me. Neither the faith to believe in God's existence, nor the faith to believe God doesn't exist. If God's real, I really hope he's not the kind who thinks capacity for faith is of the utmost importance. Would be a real shame if everyone got into Heaven except people who weren't entirely credulous.

Yeah this reminds me of the ole "if God is real I wouldn't want to worship him anyway if this is the shit he's cool with allowing to happen to us." It's a fair point tbh fam. Life is full of horrible fates and tragedies that religious folk have to justify as "God can't interfere it's just how it is" while simultaneously balancing "God loves you unconditionally and it's all His plan." Basically God would have to know exactly the outcome of everything that he is creating therefore God knew babies would get horribly raped and went ahead with it anyway. I guess I'm talking more specifically Christianity as I don't enough about any other religion but nonetheless anyone who believes in an all-powerful creator has to rationalize this sort of thing somehow.
    Originally posted by mmQ Yeah this reminds me of the ole "if God is real I wouldn't want to worship him anyway if this is the shit he's cool with allowing to happen to us." It's a fair point tbh fam. Life is full of horrible fates and tragedies that religious folk have to justify as "God can't interfere it's just how it is" while simultaneously balancing "God loves you unconditionally and it's all His plan." Basically God would have to know exactly the outcome of everything that he is creating therefore God knew babies would get horribly raped and went ahead with it anyway. I guess I'm talking more specifically Christianity as I don't enough about any other religion but nonetheless anyone who believes in an all-powerful creator has to rationalize this sort of thing somehow.

Just because there was a God doesn't mean he gives a fuck about you or your happiness, but a lack of religion will result in society that we see today. I don't really see the real "god" as that though.

And when I talk about belief I believe it's good for the individual but I think the belief could give a god power in some way. Maybe the belief gives birth to a consciousness that we know as a god.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Cowboy2013 Just because there was a God doesn't mean he gives a fuck about you or your happiness, but a lack of religion will result in society that we see today. I don't really see the real "god" as that though.

And when I talk about belief I believe it's good for the individual but I think the belief could give a god power in some way. Maybe the belief gives birth to a consciousness that we know as a god.

Well right and I don't necessarily not believe in a god I'm just talking about the one whose "Word of God" explains that he does in fact care about us and loves us unconditionally (but also won't prevent baby rape)
    Originally posted by Meikai I believe God is real in the same way I believe the sky is blue. Which is to say I have empirically based evidence suggesting both things may be true, but if I'm not actively looking at God or the sky then I have no beliefs one way or the other. "God is real" and "the sky is blue" were both things I believed equally true at one point or another, but I don't believe (or actively disbelieve!) that they are true.

“‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me."

- Revelations 3:15
    ⬆️so scared
Jump to Top