User Controls

Question: why are Americans obsessed with popcorn?

Instigator Naturally Camouflaged [the staring tame crusher]
    That's all they ever seem to be doing

????

Always wondered about it tbh
    Why AREN'T you
    I am actually

Put some nasty seasoning on it though and fucked it up
    I'm more of a on the cob guy myself
    Originally posted by Bombay Trap Star I'm more of a on the cob guy myself

I dont like phallus shaped foods.
    10 page thread this

Mark my words
    Bradley Florida Man
    I eat about 4 bags a year in the microwave.

It's all part of sales, same thing with valentines day, MSG instead of actual spices, DeBoer's diamonds instead of just saying "I love you so much I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

They market this shit in a manner where they try to explain to you that when you sit immobile for 90-120 minutes watching the latest cinema in the dark you want to be engaged in something (Since you're a live and not meant to just stare blankly at a moving picture box telling you a story, evolution ill prepared you for this outside of listening to your relatives when you're trying to fall asleep, but since you don't know the movie people, it's interesting)

So it created an entertainment culture. First thing they did was find the two most inexpensive things they could; sugarcane (Now high fructose corn syrup cuz corn is a staple of my nations grain belt), water, and some caramel coloring, couple other things but they're so fucked up I can't spell them well enough to even have spellcheck know what the fuck I meant. Carbanosodiaze Piazene or something like that x20.

Wow, next cheapest thing, lard and old corn kernels. WHen you pop them and hit them with salt and a lil more lard, u can't really tell they are old. Perfect! Damn near free to produce! So they convinced all of us that to sit down and watch a movie, like premium style, you should emulate the movie theaters. But how?

Thank God we had the jedis to help us get fucked out over money again already existing in our media/movie industry.

So the Goldstealinsteins decided to try to convince poor people to do this.

It's very, very easy. Explain: Rich people do it, show wealthy movie stars/role models/"Successful families" all gather around the TV and turn the lights down. When you eat salt and fat (I said lard before but now it's butter but realistically it's vegetable oil cuz it's cheaper "margarine") as a human ESPECIALLY the poor, it's very attractive. Your body evolved to desire more energy and one of the hardest things (For whites to get for most of our existence) was salt.

So you got pure long holding energy (fat), salt, and then to top it all off, Soda which the body reacts to as a short term energy (sugar) compounded by caffeine.

Your body feels good because you're consuming what your ancestors DREAMED OF one day trying. I will not eat food in a dark room because your body loses some of it's senses in what it's eating, so they make the biggest buckets they can of this cheap popcorn and XXL Sodas. So for 90 minutes you're in an evolutionary happy place as your physical body eats more than it ever would otherwise of fat, salt, sugar and caffeine. You enjoy the movie, you leave. You come back next week with the family.

Last time I went to a movie was about 2014 and it was 10$ (For a matinee viewing during the day ticket, which are cheaper than night time/weekend tickets), and normally they wanted 8$ for the biggest popcorn and 5$ for a large soda. Free refills on both, this shits dirt cheap for them.

But I'm also dirt cheap, so I just get wait outside the last movie that's ending, find the first white guy walking out by himself and say "Hey can I have that popcorn tub and the soda? Yeah I'm poor and it's free refills." in a pinch I"ll walk in to a theater that they're cleaning and just grab one out and rinse it in the bathroom. My friends grandma taught me and my friend this when we were growing up, she'd watching us and take us to the movies every monday morning (when tickets are the cheapest). She also taught us to look under the video games for quarters 'rich people dropped'

so let's say i'm a well off family, we get 4 sodas, 2 popcorns for my family of 4, pay the normal friday after school/saturday afternoon price of 15$ a ticket, 10 for kids.

Nowadays you're lookign at 100$ 60, 20, 20, + like 5 dollars for the arcade bullshit kids like.

105$ to go to the movies for 3 hours.

It's all a scam

(I drink about 25 cans of soda a year and popcorn in the bag at home microwaved bout four times a year, i also watch less than 5 movies a year, so i kinda am a hater)
    Bradley Florida Man
    also eating with your hands in a hands to mouth action over and over again, considering your eating salty fatty foods (think mcdonalds fries, cheese burgers, beef jerky, etc) and sitting in the dark, you kinda space out.

My roommate right now is masturbating to the weather channel in spanish while smoking and doesn't even realize it, that's the goal of TV.

If you weren't watching TV you'd have to like think and shit
    Bradley Florida Man
    They even followed the Mcdonalds theme colors because McDonalds paid psychologists a lot to do long term research into how to make their food more attractive.

THe answer was Red and Yellow, typically indicativef of high nutrition food for our ancestors things that were ripe and ready.

White, Yellow, Red, Orange

Never green, purple, black, brown.

It's manipulation to entice you pay 22$ for 1$ in popcorn and a movie you can go on 123movies.net and watch right now for free.
    Bradley Florida Man
    Here's a perfect example, the theaters in wisconsin are almost all under one company named Marcus Theaters.

I typed in Marcus Theaters popcorn bowl expecting to find an old photo in google.

Nope they got new advertising, the MEGA TUB is 5$ for this year.

Throw in the word "Ultimate" a couple times and you can sell frozen water to esimos if you tell them everyone deserves PREMIUM ice

Direct Qutoe:

"2023 ANNUAL Ultimate Popcorn Tub
    Popcorn Lovers Rejoice – The Ultimate Popcorn Tub is here!

Purchase a tub for only $25* at your local Marcus Theatres or Movie Tavern location. Benefits of the Ultimate Popcorn Tub include:

Unlimited popcorn for only $4.50* per visit, Now thru December 31, 2023! ..."

And like every addictive substance...

"The first fill is free!"

https://www.marcustheatres.com/marcus-specials/food-beverage/ultimate-popcorn-tub-2023
    Bradley Florida Man
    Originally posted by Bradley so let's say i'm a well off family, we get 4 sodas, 2 popcorns for my family of 4, pay the normal friday after school/saturday afternoon price of 15$ a ticket, 10 for kids.

Nowadays you're lookign at 100$ 60, 20, 20, + like 5 dollars for the arcade bullshit kids like.

105$ to go to the movies for 3 hours.

Lol business school student failed to differentiate the variables in ticket pricing, correct number would be 95 not 105.
    Pete Green African Astronaut
    Popcorn light on the butter. My girlfriend eats tons of it when we watch movies and I eat a few handfuls because it tears my colon up.

hurts to shit the next day.

I hate people who put flavoring on popcorn. weird. cheese power shit maybe.. whats good is this yeast stuff. its like cheese or that cheap Parmasian you buy from Craft. its just a yeast (which yes, the cheesy smell on your feet your dog licks is what they make imitation cheese out of). that yeast is what helps turn milk into cheese.

outside of that wtf. actually I will never eat yeast again because of feet
    Bradley Florida Man
    Originally posted by Pete Green Popcorn light on the butter. My girlfriend eats tons of it when we watch movies and I eat a few handfuls because it tears my colon up.

hurts to shit the next day.

I hate people who put flavoring on popcorn. weird. cheese power shit maybe.. whats good is this yeast stuff. its like cheese or that cheap Parmasian you buy from Craft. its just a yeast (which yes, the cheesy smell on your feet your dog licks is what they make imitation cheese out of). that yeast is what helps turn milk into cheese.

outside of that wtf. actually I will never eat yeast again because of feet

^ doesn't have a girlfriend, still gets yeast infections.

When I make popcorn I do no butter (aside form what's int he package) but sometimes I do like to hit it with hot sauce, not a lot just a little.

You ever seen any other fat pieces of shit eat they're pop corn with dipping sauce? Like it's a chicken nugget or some shit lol ranch and all this other little cups shit i'm like damn they must make that for the 320+ club.
    Bradley Florida Man
    Off Topic, my friends ex girlfriend was this ridiculously fatbitch, kinda like paul wozny but less ugly/old/sick, and she would go to mcdonalds regularly, when I go to mcdonalds I get 1 large black coffee, 1 mcchicken, 1 mcdouble. couple times a year.

She gets this iced frappe caramel shit
    three mcchickens extra mayo no lettuce w/ added cheese
    large fries
    2 Apple Pies

I'm 6'1 and an active nutjob, she is a short stubby online secretary from home who doesn't clean or cook.
    Originally posted by Bradley ^ doesn't have a girlfriend, still gets yeast infections.

When I make popcorn I do no butter (aside form what's int he package) but sometimes I do like to hit it with hot sauce, not a lot just a little.

You ever seen any other fat pieces of shit eat they're pop corn with dipping sauce? Like it's a chicken nugget or some shit lol ranch and all this other little cups shit i'm like damn they must make that for the 320+ club.

^Now is on the defensive attack because of the SWIM deflection post and my reply to it. That's sus af
    Bradley Florida Man
    nah i just like talking shit to you, dumbfuck, how haven't you caught onto that yet?
    I'm going to refer to Gigi as my "Imaginary Girlfriend" from now on

that way If I do split from the crazy rolling back and forth I been getting from her (which is typical and always has been but at my age is killing me softly) it wont matter because yeah. she "never existed in the first place"

thanks for the outro excuse, Bradley
    Bradley Florida Man
    Well she left you so that's kinda accurate.
    Originally posted by Instigator I dont like phallus shaped foods.

I don't like people that impose their gay internal on the external world because it's a false concept
    Originally posted by Bradley nah i just like talking shit to you, dumbfuck, how haven't you caught onto that yet?

you are worse than wozny #worsethanwozny you are the only one laughing at your own unfunny jokes. Worse than haxxor with the HWEE LOOOKING SCRONNY fucking unfunny faggots. At least when I do it I get bored but you idiots just repeat yourselfs for months, years
Jump to Top