User Controls

Russia, China etc have done a terrible job controlling the internet

Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    US corporations basically control information on the internet and ig since the US is fascist this involves promoting state department propaganda. If I fall asleep watching The Convo Couch or Grayzone videos on YouTube it will autoplay Jordan Peterson and Lex Friedman all night.

The only exception is Tiktok and I think they had to make concessions like letting Oracle, a CIA front company control American data. And they're still under constant threat of being banned but this would be a very unpopular decision with young people. So China actually did a good job, maybe even with Oracle having to store all of this shit. Tiktok isn't overtly political but the algorithms definitely will promote things the US doesn't like.

But Russia, North Korea, Iran and so on should have been developing social media platforms and marketing them to Americans a long time ago. Maybe they were just thinking Uncle Scam would just ban it like he's trying with Tiktok.
    Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    I would say they should have used an American frontman but we're really already in the midst of a Mccarthyite witch hunt for any "foreign agents".

America would be a lot better off if the DPRK controlled Instagram and Facebook though.
    anyone who control the internet will be destroyed. Decentralization has outpaced such controls on power and we are nearly at a point where future tech will make ocean cables and traditional ISP monopoly telecom structures obsolete. They are all in ripoff mode right now milking every drop they can from customers by raising fees

It should cost less over time, not more. I don't care what G we are on. If all the machines go down and you have no cash there is nothing you can do, its easy to solve just have LAN crypto that isn't PoW so it's just a thing every place with a store has to process transactions and send THAT to the network when it's back up instead of having to call the network for a key and bla bla bla

it's all built wrong and needs to die. Soemone throw a wrench!
Jump to Top