User Controls

Any 3D Printing?

I want to do more 3d model stuff but I don't print it or have a CNC machine :(
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    there are small batch manufacturing places that you can send the cad file to and they'll cut it for you
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by aldra there are small batch manufacturing places that you can send the cad file to and they'll cut it for you

Also: makerspaces where you can just go and do it yourself.

(No, I don't 3D print. Sorry, OP. Pretty sure Speedy Parker is at least vaguely familiar with the process - IIRC he printed some gun parts for himself - but he hasn't been around in a while afaik. Could try PMing him.)
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    make breadboards with custom designs idk lawl I can never think of ways to make a 3d printer pay for itself, like what the fuck do you print, what material. All I can think of is guns and old console parts or some shit.
    Pete Green African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Blunt Wrap Supreme Anyone prints stuff here?
    What about designing parts?

Being going though some CAD stuff for a project.
    Bit of analysis paralysis when choosing a solution.
    Need to house a part, thinking of just going with a snug fit rather than dealing with screws, w/e.

GLOW-FED-ALERT

but yeah a few of us do. well I havn't yet. I got resin and a printer but it's a piece of fucking shit and takes a week to print a small toy figurine. seriouslly like 18 hours.
    then you have to clean it in alcohol solution and use a brush.. I should of got the coil type. resin is insanely slow. uses 405 blue light to cure. or 402405nm or some weird shit
    Originally posted by Blunt Wrap Supreme Got some big milestones, took a while but think iv got a hand on CAD, printed a few prototypes already, got the fitting right.
    Now just to print a lot.

Now wanna design and print something else.

are you using blender or?
    Originally posted by That forum guy that helps you understand sarcasm I want to do more 3d model stuff but I don't print it or have a CNC machine :(

if you want to make sectional pieces I saw a small compact 3D printer on Temu fairly cheap. It seemed to have gotten 4 plus stars.

give it a try. download temu app. i buy lots of retarded shit from them. My next thing will be a camera drone. a mini one and have it hover while im green screening because you can program it's movement and have it repeat it on a timer or some shit. so I get the perfect panning and then 3D print and rotate background objects. see if it comes out believable.
    My guess is they buy pallets of returned shit, they QC the stuff and resale it dirt cheap but have a 20 dollar minimum now.. used to be 10. it comes from china so there is like on average 10 day wait.

customs will go through your package and shit.

apparently, and this is for info purpose only. you can 3D print metal filament like solder but it might fry the tip of the device over time.

:D

or you can just shave aluminum foil and then make molds from the 3D printer and then print them in half and fill both with shaved aluminum and super glue CA glue etc and it hardens back to metal and then quickly paste the fuckers together.. make like a dowel and you can mold a metallic object. there is a way to make it smooth and shiney or like matted grey. i forgot how that was done but DIY on youtube has a million videos
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    goddamnit wozny

https://all3dp.com/2/lost-pla-casting-guide/

if you want to make metal parts using a 3d printer this is probably the best way
    show him how those dalits manufacture casted sparepartd.
    Infinityshockrates Tuskegee Airman
    Im still waiting for 4D printing
    I dont need metal parts but its cool to know shit.

I suppose I could make metal figurings out of cheap material and then pass it off as something more valuable than it is but Im not a dirtbag con artist.

sooooooooooo

makes smug virtue face
    I need to split if I want to watch SNL and drink beer and eat tacos. Not TacoBell though. Oooo Wendy's Chili sounds good with a Taco Salad.

bbl
    Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    I have a lot of shit you can 3D print for me.

How hard is it to copy shit you already have?
    Originally posted by Blunt Wrap Supreme Anyone prints stuff here?
    What about designing parts?

Yes and yes..I've got a couple of designs on Thingyverse, I also introduced 3D printing to my job here and now we print multiple parts for use with our products...my designs.
    Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Yes and yes..I've got a couple of designs on Thingyverse, I also introduced 3D printing to my job here and now we print multiple parts for use with our products…my designs.

Is it only plastic or what? How much do people generally charge to do small parts either plastic or metal?
    Originally posted by Cowboy2013 Is it only plastic or what? How much do people generally charge to do small parts either plastic or metal?

PLA, ABS, TPU and some wood variants.

PLA is the common one used, easy to work with.
    ABS is better than PLA, stronger but not good from a "breathing" point of view, need to use in well ventilated area
    TPU is flexible..you can make "rubbery" things from it, I've made drive belts before using it.
    Wood variants have small amounts of wood mixed in with the PLA that when cured looks somewhat woody and has a similar texture, though it's still primarily plastic, I've printed a few things with it to replace/repair woody stuff and it's worked out great.

The process is slow regardless, a relatively small item can take 10hrs or more, Prices generally are pretty reasonable, you can look on ebay for a guide, $20 or there about is common for small items.

There are places that do professionally printed jobs for more money but the quality is also better...PCBway do customer 3d printing (and custom CnC too).

It's not really practical for your average 3D printer guy to print stuff for $$ unless it's a specific part many need such as the following...doing 1 off custom jobs is a pain in the ass...the example below you can print a bunch off and then sell on ebay etc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353778298617?hash=item525ed46ef9:g:u7EAAOSwUAVhmpV4&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8BaqmMEBwacjZYk1AeDmSrzWCTPLawpHmdANctVGrvkuLyqa7MOsGGtcZfyXRXTwtieFtF9WkMgZPSCxC1ZSr%2FmCCF6qEl2CVV7JlIekAjmQMpp5%2FRqMT9hwLvft6HMq7%2FmEcIUH%2FxBQftzZU5qRgQyYFmlXSo6A6PcSXpgJB5WSIb9qTvExLWl65WK21jrtVjR7sc9YDD5tmWxoVdTpWVf%2FC4IlHsRPvamwDsiJcksu0ywV5BoL532%2F4potXL2w1qw3LYMON1W5CdTgZnDZVUnChgP02pNvMuHSoL14cMtp1HebX8bQvUeCQz6qu9yB%2Fg%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABFBM5NLizahi

You can then sand and paint them as desired.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top