User Controls

1TB "lifetime" storage for €88

Donald Trump Black Hole
    With files.fm

Is this a good idea? I'd kinda like something like dropbox to store files on that isn't annoying.
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11369548/filing-history

Not great when the company they cite in the UK on their contact info has already been struck off for not filing returns.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Terrible deal. I can give you access to 500PB of write only storage for €100. $12 more, and you get 5000x the storage.

Lifetime, obviously. Hell: more than lifetime. Until the heat death of the universe.
    It's ok I guess...lifetime is of course the lifetime of the company which could be 6 months.

$99 one time payment for 1tb cloud storage isn't bad at all, a 1tb SSD is gonna cost you $80 or so and obviously that's not cloud storage. I wouldn't have a use for it myself.
    Bradley Black Hole
    I've never recorded anything worth saving.
    Originally posted by Bradley I've never recorded anything worth saving.

Don't worry, Jesus has a copy of everything you've ever done, said or thought in his cloud...and that lasts for eternity.
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Don't worry, Jesus has a copy of everything you've ever done, said or thought in his cloud…and that lasts for eternity.

I never consented to that under GDPR
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Donald Trump I never consented to that under GDPR

Yeah you did, when you signed up for your soul to be deployed into human form it was all there in the small print...which you obviously didn't read.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    A Tuskegee Airman [my neurobiological trilled kampala]
    Originally posted by Donald Trump With files.fm

Is this a good idea? I'd kinda like something like dropbox to store files on that isn't annoying.

I wouldn't trust it personally, I need a backup for my shit and I do not trust google or any company really. The only things I like are filecoin and arnox imodium .soy
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Just got a seedbox from ultra.cc instead, does everything I want and I can use it for torrents, so it suits. About €5 a month.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    If you want some bigboy archival storage, I highly recommend rsync.net. Definitely not the cheapest offering out there, but they're professional AF. You can tell by the austere website and client portal that's even uglier, which none the less loads fast and works perfectly, and the obsessive communication about 30 minutes of downtime every 6 or so months that ends up actually being 5 minutes, that they know what they're doing.

ultraseedbox is great for seedboxes, good speeds, priced cheap AF, but if you want archival stuff go elsewhere. They straight up nuked my FS during a migration one time, and by the end of my run with them my torrents were sitting in a dir called something like "~/downloads/migrated/downloads/mig-2018-02-24/downloads/moved_files/transfers/lost+found" after all the server shuffling they did.
Jump to Top