User Controls

I got an Instant Pot

Donald Trump Black Hole
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Netflxchillr African Astronaut
    It's an awesome thing. I just love mine!
    its just a self-heating pressure cooker.
    I've never used a pressure cooker.
    *do not bring to marathon race*
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I've never used a pressure cooker.

Not believable.
    Infinityshockrates Tuskegee Airman
    Someone's getting ready to make their own mushroom growing medium and sterilize the jars for spore innoculation it seems ohohoho

Naughty 😈 naughty boy
    Originally posted by Donald Trump Not believable.

Never owned one....not even sure what you use one for
    Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny its just a self-heating pressure cooker.

I don't think you can cook rice/dry beans that fast in a pressure cooker but idk
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Never owned one….not even sure what you use one for

sterilizing shit

making drugs, bombs, chemical reactions

you can also make food in them , idk what but im sure something yummy.
    Originally posted by The Self Taught Man It's easy just get a good pressure cooker and use a glovebox to do all mycology work. I had a dedicated apartment for shrooms research complete with a double airlock made from greenhouse plastic when you walk in.

https://erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_mmgg.shtml

Get a Vicks Coolmist humidifier off Amazon for $30 and some mini greenhouses at your local gardening store

The most important thing you want for growing the mycelium is sterility, disinfect everything, high temperatures and if you see any color not white growing in your jars toss them immediately.

Fruiting the cakes is easy once they are colonized just keep the humidity and temp high and use dayglo bulbs to trigger a response.

Invest in stuff like petri dishes, blenders, scalpels, pressure cooker, jars, hoses, disinfectant, plastic, tubs, etc etc etc. You can also practice on non magical mushrooms.

Originally posted by Ghost Would this be possible or illegal?

I would imagine the way to do it would be to make a islamic group on facebook and make a group chat and invite a bunch of people and try to recruit them to your fake organization, eventually you will get reported and the NSA will be watching and you say "Okay guys, tonight we are gonna do it for Allah" and then you go to a public venue with a backpack with a pressure cooker inside it and then the FBI comes out of the bushes and yells "FBI FREEZE!"

then they send in the bomb squad to disarm the pressure cooker and find it was just filled with soup.

trololololol then you sue them and get mad stacks like the clock kid

I got all this stuff sitting in my dads shed for years ever since I left but im pretty sure he stole my greenhouses and sold the pressure cookers. I kinda want my vac pump back not like I can use it anymore they are loud as fuck
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood sterilizing shit

You don't need a pressure cooker to sterilize shit...iodine does that...which is what I used in my beer making days.
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood sterilizing shit

I've used them to sterilize stuff how do people use them for drugs? For most things I could think of it would need to be coated in something and still not as good as using glass.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson You don't need a pressure cooker to sterilize shit…iodine does that…which is what I used in my beer making days.

It probably depends on how sterile you're talking about.
    how the fuck do you sterilize a jar with iodine? It needs to be clean enough so nothing infects the mushroom spores which usually get infected and even losing half of them isn't a total killer and is kinda expected even if you keep everything CLEAN CLEAN and use clean rooms and glove boxes and shit

Well funny enough I actually had a massive jug of povidone iodide which yes you can make elemental iodine from, it's a bit of a trick to convert it but basically grade school level chemistry. Also potassium iodine but that's another beast entirely and less common in solution

You can even cook meth in a pressure cooker which is pretty much how bikers in the 80's did it, any vessel that can take 3atm of pressure should do, fill it up, seal it and toss it in a lake or something cold, if it doesn't explode you have drugs and can use it in another reaction. They mostly used big steel drums but im sure a big ass pressure cooker would work just as well.

ChemHack:

From my limited experience with Al/Hg I'd say that the pressure would build up
    almost immediatly upon adding the NaOH solution to the amalgam/h20/MeAm.HCl
    mixture. The initial burst of pressure would be methylamine gas. Dumping a mole
    of NaOH onto a mole of MeAm.HCl is gonna release a freakin' mole of gas in very
    short order. That gas that won't just stay in the alcohol/h20.

——————————————————————————-

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/the-real-breaking-bad-aussie-drug-kingpin-reveals-the-secrets-of-making-ecstasy/OYIOV2HMURCV353SVFDVMCNWDU/

Spaliviero located enough chemicals to make 20kg of pure ecstasy, and then sat off the factory site to make sure police were not tailing the delivery of "cleaning chemicals".

Next, Spaliviero needed to build a 60 litre "reaction vessel" using stainless steel rolled into a cylinder and welded each end with circles of steel.

He added a pressure gauge and a porthole to the vessel, which was the size of a beer keg and took a week to build, using skills he learnt back in Sydney fixing cars and machines.

Following Igor's instructions, he took the keg on his boat with the chemicals, and sailed off from LA towards Catalina Island.

"I was the captain of a multimillion-dollar floating drug lab," Spaliviero writes.

When he reached a secluded spot, he tied a rope around the keg, filled it with the chemicals and lowered it 20m into the water

"Igor had stressed this was the most dangerous part of the process and I was not go near it for at least 20 minutes."

After several minutes, the reaction vessel exploded and filled the sea with hydrogen gas, ecstasy chemicals and dead fish.

All was lost.

Spaliviero decided that what had gone wrong was the temperature of the water, too warm at 18C.

He got to work and designed another reaction vessel, this time much larger and using pharmaceutical grade steel.

So huge, it could only be loaded on to his boat via a ramp, he drove it to the spot and waited.

You can also do some really ghetto reactions in champagne bottles since the glass can hold pressure better than normal ??? seems a bit risky to me

fuck what happened to me this feels like another universe now
    Originally posted by Cowboy2013 It probably depends on how sterile you're talking about.

Sterile is sterile...there are no fractions regarding sterility, it's either sterile or it's not.

For someone making a pot roast it's not really a factor anyway.

As I said I've never had one or used one...I thought the primary reason for using one was to speed up cooking time?

...any master chef knows slow cooking > fast cooking.
    Get yourself a slow cooker Nigella and learn to relax, take life in your stride and stop nuking the lunch.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Sterile is sterile…there are no fractions regarding sterility, it's either sterile or it's not.

For someone making a pot roast it's not really a factor anyway.

As I said I've never had one or used one…I thought the primary reason for using one was to speed up cooking time?

…any master chef knows slow cooking > fast cooking.

People can use pressure cookers to sterilize stuff to grow mushrooms and stuff like that. But the instant pot wouldn't be ideal for that.

I used to eat some kind of beans sausage and rice from an instant pot that was delicious. I think it was just the sausage, rice, black beans, basil and garlic.
    This is the only Instant POT you need.

Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood how the fuck do you sterilize a jar with iodine? It needs to be clean enough so nothing infects the mushroom spores which usually get infected and even losing half of them isn't a total killer and is kinda expected even if you keep everything CLEAN CLEAN and use clean rooms and glove boxes and shit

Well funny enough I actually had a massive jug of povidone iodide which yes you can make elemental iodine from, it's a bit of a trick to convert it but basically grade school level chemistry. Also potassium iodine but that's another beast entirely and less common in solution

You can even cook meth in a pressure cooker which is pretty much how bikers in the 80's did it, any vessel that can take 3atm of pressure should do, fill it up, seal it and toss it in a lake or something cold, if it doesn't explode you have drugs and can use it in another reaction. They mostly used big steel drums but im sure a big ass pressure cooker would work just as well.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/the-real-breaking-bad-aussie-drug-kingpin-reveals-the-secrets-of-making-ecstasy/OYIOV2HMURCV353SVFDVMCNWDU/

You can also do some really ghetto reactions in champagne bottles since the glass can hold pressure better than normal ??? seems a bit risky to me

fuck what happened to me this feels like another universe now

But rp/I is really acidic right? So not like that.

I remember trying to find out how to get iodine from providine iodine when I saw it with the horse stuff. I wish I knew that then.
Jump to Top