User Controls

Off grid/self sustainability fred

Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Just thread for me and poolcat to discuss things related to living self sustainability like dirty hippies on a commune

I've recently hooked up some solar panels I've routed to a big ol dry cell and am trying to figure how to use most efficiently. Got chickens and some hemlock wood for raised garden beds.

Sometimes it seems like needless struggle to just be alive, other times it feels like mindful self actualization and the indomitable human spirit. If you're not actively trying to be less reliant on gubmint you're officially gay. I need more solar panels tho.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    cigreting Dark Matter
    super swampers 4 ur wheel chair
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Ever read the foxfire books?

They cover various related topics including:

Tools and skills.

Building a log cabin.

Chimney building.

White Oak splits.

Making a hamper out of white oak splits.

Making a basket out of white oak splits.

An old chair maker shows how.

Rope, straw, and feathers are to sleep on.

A quilt is something human.

Soap-making.

Cooking on a fireplace, Dutch oven, and wood stove.

Mountain recipes.

Preserving vegetables.

Preserving fruit.

Churning your own butter.

Slaughtering hogs.

Curing and smoking hog.

Recipes for hog.

Weather signs.

Planting by the signs.

Home remedies.

Hunting.

Dressing and cooking wild animal foods.

Snake lore.

Moonshining as a fine art.

Faith healing.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by Sudo Just thread for me and poolcat to discuss things related to living self sustainability like dirty hippies on a commune

I've recently hooked up some solar panels I've routed to a big ol dry cell and am trying to figure how to use most efficiently. Got chickens and some hemlock wood for raised garden beds.

Sometimes it seems like needless struggle to just be alive, other times it feels like mindful self actualization and the indomitable human spirit. If you're not actively trying to be less reliant on gubmint you're officially gay. I need more solar panels tho.

I like indoor plumbing too much to go off grid.

Digging latrines is a pain, but okay, whatever. Filling latrines is a matter of course. It's the part that comes next that's uhh... offputting. I guess a septic system is an option but then you're still on grid (there will need to be a traversable road on/to your property and you've gotta pay those niggas and that means income for both of you and taxes for both of you and oh, bother).

But I can jive with reducing reliance. Maybe if my cool domain sells, I can buy a cheap plot of land on which to live less reliantly. Still, though: oh, bother.

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I'm coming over with some wood. Stay put.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by Obbe Ever read the foxfire books?

An old chair maker shows how.

Rope, straw, and feathers are to sleep on.

A quilt is something human.

Soap-making.

Cooking on a fireplace, Dutch oven, and wood stove.

Dressing and cooking wild animal foods.

Snake lore.

Those are some funny titles to me. Thanks they look useful and interesting

Originally posted by Meikai I like indoor plumbing too much to go off grid.

Digging latrines is a pain, but okay, whatever. Filling latrines is a matter of course. It's the part that comes next that's uhh… offputting. I guess a septic system is an option but then you're still on grid (there will need to be a traversable road on/to your property and you've gotta pay those niggas and that means income for both of you and taxes for both of you and oh, bother).

But I can jive with reducing reliance. Maybe if my cool domain sells, I can buy a cheap plot of land on which to live less reliantly. Still, though: oh, bother.

I like indoor plumbing too but my friend is a plumber and is gonna show me how to do the whole thing when I build my garage so that's exciting. Stop being so defeatist when you are legitimately interested but too lazy to follow through. It's a pretty common disability in the western world. Just appreciate what you have and strive for more

Originally posted by mmQ I'm coming over with some wood. Stay put.

I've got electric baseboard heat rn and gotta put in a heat pump or something because this is dumb, my shit is so expensive. I've got a ton of wood and a chimney but yea, thanks 4 da wud
    Ebele Obasanjo Yung Blood
    Originally posted by Sudo I like indoor plumbing too but my friend is a plumber and is gonna show me how to do the whole thing when I build my garage so that's exciting. Stop being so defeatist when you are legitimately interested but too lazy to follow through. It's a pretty common disability in the western world. Just appreciate what you have and strive for more

Na true talk you talk. People for west don dey too soft now, easy life don make dem weak. For Naija, we dey work hard all day for hot sun and we no dey complain like people for here.
    cigreting Dark Matter
    I dont think your parole officer will be ok with you living off grid. What was the girl saying again when you raped her? Were you drunk or sober?
    Kafka sweaty
    If you're living far from a hospital then a home doctor volume and meds if you can get them.
    Kafka sweaty
    Idk how anyone could live without Amazon next day delivery
    Kafka sweaty
    Originally posted by cigreting I dont think your parole officer will be ok with you living off grid. What was the girl saying again when you raped her? Were you drunk or sober?

Did he rape someone?
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    lol
    This magazine is pretty good, I pick up a new one every time I see one at the store:

https://backwoodsmanmag.com/
    Kafka sweaty
    I wish I could assemble a garden shed. I'd turn it into a coffee shop so I have somewhere to go at night.
    Originally posted by Kafka I wish I could assemble a garden shed. I'd turn it into a coffee shop so I have somewhere to go at night.

What's stopping you.
    Haxxor Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Obbe What's stopping you.

Stupidity
    Haxxor Space Nigga

while fools smoke meth and post 24/7 I build

perfect tranquility off the grid.
    broken images ?
    jerryb African Astronaut
    I'm to lazy to live off grid, this nigga likes his central heat and air to much.
    Originally posted by Haxxor

while fools smoke meth and post 24/7 I build

perfect tranquility off the grid.

Wish your image links worked.
Jump to Top