User Controls

Naltrexone I start this shit this week.

  1. #1
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    I'm so sick of being sick.
    The booze has to go.
    I have been watching a lot of you tube vids on the Sinclair method and Naltrexone and decided I would give it a shot.
    Anyone here use this stuff before?
    Alcohol is my nightmare I have been through cigs,cocaine ,amps, never got into opioids they make me puke.
    Weed is nothing more than something to help me sleep I smoke it all the time before bed and that's it.
    Benzo's have place but you they have to be respected and I only go there when it absolutely necessary.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  2. #2
    Isn't that the one they tested on prisoners or whatever

    that makes you puke your guts out if you try drinking

    Unlike varenicline (brand name Chantix), naltrexone is not useful for quitting smoking. Naltrexone has also been under investigation for reducing behavioral addictions such as gambling or kleptomania as well as compulsive sexual behaviors in both offenders and non-offenders (e.g. compulsive porn viewing and masturbation). The results were promising. In one study, the majority of sexual offenders reported a strong reduction in sexual urges and fantasies which reverted to baseline once the medication was discontinued. Case reports have also shown cessation of gambling and other compulsive behaviors, for as long as the medication was taken

    wtf, sounds vile.

    17-(cyclopropylmethyl)-4,5α-epoxy-3,14-dihydroxymorphinan-6-one

    You know it's good when it has EPOXY in the chemical name lmao
    never seen that in my life before.

    I'd rather lock myself in a dungeon than take that shit but I hope it works for you OP
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  3. #3
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    As a fellow alcoholic who has considered naltrexone, I will say...

    Give it a shot.

    Liquors a tough thing to give up.

    I once went several months without a drink. That was tough.

    My words of advice are as follows:

    If you're on your first few weeks without a drink, seek out similar company.

    Don't throw all judgment to the fates and expect to roll a 100.

    Most importantly, this hurdle takes the kind of strength that your average human being simply does not possess.

    You have to believe in yourself first and foremost and then you can pull it off.

    If you hit that echelon, Holla at a playa. I've been through it. But it's beatable.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  4. #4
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Originally posted by gadzooks As a fellow alcoholic who has considered naltrexone, I will say…

    Give it a shot.

    Liquors a tough thing to give up.

    I once went several months without a drink. That was tough.

    My words of advice are as follows:

    If you're on your first few weeks without a drink, seek out similar company.

    Don't throw all judgment to the fates and expect to roll a 100.

    Most importantly, this hurdle takes the kind of strength that your average human being simply does not possess.

    You have to believe in yourself first and foremost and then you can pull it off.

    If you hit that echelon, Holla at a playa. I've been through it. But it's beatable.

    reminds me of the time the toilet overfilled
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  5. #5
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by A College Professor reminds me of the time the toilet overfilled

    I remember that.

    How are you doing, ACP?
  6. #6
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Originally posted by gadzooks I remember that.

    How are you doing, ACP?

    pretty good man im glad youre here howe are you
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  7. #7
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    Damn bro..idk i always thought that causing antaganization to my opiod receptors for long periods would be weird. But shit i guess theyve been filled with agonists for hella long time so whatev
  8. #8
    General Butt.Naked African Astronaut
    If ur gonna take naltrexone you might as well take heroin to ease ur transition off of alcohol

    trust me im not a doctor i dont know what im talking about and i would NOT steer you wrong
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  9. #9
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    Originally posted by General Butt.Naked If ur gonna take naltrexone you might as well take heroin to ease ur transition off of alcohol

    trust me im not a doctor i dont know what im talking about and i would NOT steer you wrong

    Sounds legit


    But wheres da heroin now adays? Afghanistan?
  10. #10
    Just stop drinking nigga. No need for replacement therapy.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  11. #11
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    Eh it depends on the level if addiction jiggaboo

    Like if hes physically dependent he needs medicsl intervention and to switch to a benzo or some gaba agonist and reduce the dosage overtime to prevent withdrawals and possible gran mal seziure


    But i wouldnt think a brit would understand this
  12. #12
    Originally posted by RIPtotse Eh it depends on the level if addiction jiggaboo

    Like if hes physically dependent he needs medicsl intervention and to switch to a benzo or some gaba agonist and reduce the dosage overtime to prevent withdrawals and possible gran mal seziure


    But i wouldnt think a brit would understand this

    I was a heavy drinker for 30yrs...up until the day I quit my average was at least 8 beers a night and a couple of vodka and cokes.

    Back in my 20s back in England I'd leave work and go to the pub till 10.30 and have between 16 and 20 pints and a couple of double brandies...then still get up for work the next morning. Weekends were even more.

    My doc told me I'd be dead soon if I didn't stop.

    I quit in 1 day...5 and 1/2 years ago now.
  13. #13
    trippymindfuk African Astronaut
    I've never known anyone use naltrexone for alcohol but I have known a few people on it for opioids and it definitely made them not want to get high. Usually it was given to them right before they left jail and before they used again so I'm sure that had something to do with it. If you're at the point of desperation and looking for any solution I guess it's not a bad idea but I personally have no experience with it. Good luck though I do know it's not an easy thing to do but if you're truly tired of the lifestyle that makes it easier to do.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  14. #14
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Just stop drinking nigga. No need for replacement therapy.

    I'm doing the Sinclair method.
    It's not a replacement therapy.It stops you feeling drunk so you brain stops making the connection between booze and felling good.
    Very weird shit been on it now for four days now.
    Been doing a taper I'm down to 2 drinks tonight no real desire to drink but even when I had four drinks the other night you do not feel buzzed but your still drunk.I wiped out on the back porch and pretty much broke a toe.
  15. #15
    Haxxor African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I was a heavy drinker for 30yrs…up until the day I quit my average was at least 8 beers a night and a couple of vodka and cokes.

    Back in my 20s back in England I'd leave work and go to the pub till 10.30 and have between 16 and 20 pints and a couple of double brandies…then still get up for work the next morning. Weekends were even more.

    My doc told me I'd be dead soon if I didn't stop.

    I quit in 1 day…5 and 1/2 years ago now.

    Impressive

    Bottom line is just man up and do what is necessary……crutches, drugs & shortcuts only work for a limited amount of time.

    You’ve gotta make up your mind and just do what’s necessary.
  16. #16
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I was a heavy drinker for 30yrs…up until the day I quit my average was at least 8 beers a night and a couple of vodka and cokes.

    Back in my 20s back in England I'd leave work and go to the pub till 10.30 and have between 16 and 20 pints and a couple of double brandies…then still get up for work the next morning. Weekends were even more.

    My doc told me I'd be dead soon if I didn't stop.

    I quit in 1 day…5 and 1/2 years ago now.

    Thats not an alcoholic u idiot. Alcoholics have to drink as soon as their eyes open or they shake and have gran mal seziures



    Does britan teacch anything in school?
  17. #17
    Banana Muffin Mix Tuskegee Airman [your disgracefully climbable neckwear]
    when you gotta drink at work or else you will have a seizure operating heavy machinery
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  18. #18
    Haxxor African Astronaut
    Originally posted by RIPtotse Thats not an alcoholic u idiot. Alcoholics have to drink as soon as their eyes open or they shake and have gran mal seziures



    Does britan teacch anything in school?

    Lol

    Is that your definition?
  19. #19
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    So I decided not to take my pill this morning,so far so good nice buzz going.
    Will start again tomorrow.
    It's nice to be able to have a real measure of control.
    I like it I like it a lot.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  20. #20
    cigreting Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I was a heavy drinker for 30yrs…up until the day I quit my average was at least 8 beers a night and a couple of vodka and cokes.

    Back in my 20s back in England I'd leave work and go to the pub till 10.30 and have between 16 and 20 pints and a couple of double brandies…then still get up for work the next morning. Weekends were even more.

    My doc told me I'd be dead soon if I didn't stop.

    I quit in 1 day…5 and 1/2 years ago now.

    Holy fuck you drank that much and could function the next day?
Jump to Top