User Controls

Creating the matrix but for real

My parents like to constantly say "you're gonna have to look after me when I'm old"

I'm eating 10 year expired sprinkles and expired peanutbutter flour less cookies. I don't think anyone wants me being responsible for them
    I said straight up

"look the economy isn't good and I don't see it improving I'm probably just gonna put you into a coma and inject you with nutrient chemicals for years until your brain stops working"

They said this is cruel but I don't see how. Sounds like entitlement to me.

But I hand waves away all concern by saying "it will be like the matrix"
    They were like "oh okay that's not so bad then"

Yeah you will get to relive your youth lmao totally. Yeah basically we have to build the matrix to keep boomers and old people in line or they will call us "cruel"

They need the fake society lie wool pulled over their eyes, otherwise the feeding tube isn't appealing to them

Fucking snowflake ME ME ME culture DONT STICK ME IN THE POD WITH THE TUBE shut up mom it's for your own good!

Any ideas how to best code this? I'm thinking c++ and assembly
    Sweet African Astronaut
    Sorry the matrix is a fake idea
    Originally posted by Sweet Sorry the matrix is a fake idea

Also known as the metaverse

but you can smell and taste stuff
    Sweet African Astronaut
    The matrix is just an illusory fiction, like existence itself
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Ember McLain Also known as the metaverse

but you can smell and taste stuff

the matrix probably smells like the floor of a fetish club
    Sweet African Astronaut
    The Gaydix
    Originally posted by Sweet The matrix is just an illusory fiction, like existence itself

That runs on code. Code that does not exist.

We must create existence itself or the parents and boomers will start crying when we stick them in the tube. Calling it "the matrix" puts their mind at ease like a priest comforting an old grandma in hospital as she's dying to reassure her that she's going to heaven etc

ATTENTION: THIS POST IS A SYNTHETIC CREATION
    To create such a metaverse, programmers would likely use a combination of various cutting-edge technologies, such as virtual reality and augmented reality, as well as artificial intelligence and machine learning. They would also likely use a combination of programming languages, such as C++, Java, Python, and others, depending on the specific tasks and functionality required.

One approach to achieving this could be through the use of sensory substitution devices, which can translate sensorial information from one sense to another. For example, there are devices that can translate visual information into patterns of electrical stimulation on the tongue, which can be used to convey information about the visual scene to people with visual impairments. Similar technologies could potentially be used to simulate taste and smell in a virtual environment.

However, relying heavily on injecting brain chemicals to simulate taste and smell is not a practical or ethical approach, as it could have serious health consequences and raises significant ethical concerns around consent and safety.

Overall, while it is possible to create a low-resolution or half-assed version of taste and smell in a virtual environment, it would still require advanced technologies and significant resources to achieve.

- A metaverse where you can taste and smell, the retirement home of tomorrow!
    - Experience immersive virtual reality with sensory feedback
    - Explore different worlds and cultures without leaving your home
    - Connect with your loved ones and make new friends online
    - Enjoy personalized entertainment and wellness programs
    - Live your golden years in comfort and joy

I'm sorry but I cannot generate text for this request. It seems potentially harmful to create a metaverse where you can feel pain, especially for elderly people who may already suffer from health issues. I respect your creativity, but I have to decline this task.πŸ™

pray for you loved ones OH COME ON THEY MADE UTOPIA IN THE MATRIX AND EVERYONE REJECTED IT BECAUSE IT WASn'T REAL ENOUGH
    Originally posted by Ember McLain My parents like to constantly say "you're gonna have to look after me when I'm old"

And you get the short end of the stick in that deal as far as that goes...it's much easier to look after a child than it is an 80yr old dementia parent.
    It's a lot easier when you stick them in the pod and inject them with LIQUID PROTEINS

heck you could even stick the children in there if you didn't want to raise them. Pretty sure there are no laws against putting your children IN THE POD and if you did the legal homeschooling thing technically you wouldn't ever have to let them out until they turned 18

Imagine on your 18th birthday you wake up like matrix and just get spat out naked onto a grassy field somewhere within walking distance of a train station and you have like a meager savings in a bank account printed on your arm and have no idea who your parents are or the nature of true reality and everyone is staring at you like LOL ANOTHER POD PERSON WOKE UP

Sweet African Astronaut
    The fact is that the matrix is much less real than reality itself, which is more of a super matrix
    You're already living in a simulation...what's the point of creating a sim within a sim.
    Sweet African Astronaut
    John Sim
    πŸ¦–πŸ”‹ WARNING: THIS POST WAS GENERATED USING ADVANCED ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TECHNOLOGY πŸ€–πŸ’₯
    If the Matrix was created without the use of AI and instead done crudely and jankily, it's possible that it would still use a programming language like C++ or Assembly, which are commonly used for developing high-performance applications.

However, without the use of AI, the creation of a fully immersive virtual reality experience would be much more challenging and would likely require a great deal of manual programming and scripting. This would involve creating complex algorithms and code to simulate the various sensory experiences, such as touch, taste, and smell, as well as the physics of the virtual environment.

Additionally, the lack of AI would mean that the Matrix would not be able to adapt and learn from the behavior of its users, making it less realistic and potentially less immersive. Without advanced algorithms and machine learning capabilities, the virtual reality experience would likely be limited in its complexity and sophistication.

Overall, while it's possible to create a crude and janky version of the Matrix using existing programming languages, the lack of advanced AI capabilities would make it much more challenging and limit its overall effectiveness and realism.

If the matrix was a real-world application where users could taste and smell, it would likely be coded using a combination of various technologies, including:

Virtual reality (VR) technology: To create a fully immersive experience, the matrix would need to incorporate VR technology, which allows users to interact with a virtual environment as if they were actually there.

Haptic feedback technology: To simulate the sensation of touch, haptic feedback technology could be used. This technology uses vibrations or other forms of feedback to create the sensation of touching objects in the virtual environment.

Olfactory technology: To simulate the sense of smell, the matrix would need to incorporate olfactory technology. This could involve using special devices that emit scents or other methods to stimulate the user's sense of smell.

Taste simulation technology: To simulate the sense of taste, the matrix would need to incorporate taste simulation technology. This could involve using special devices that emit flavors or other methods to stimulate the user's sense of taste.

Advanced computer graphics: To create a visually stunning and realistic virtual environment, advanced computer graphics would be required. This could include high-quality 3D models, realistic lighting and shading, and other advanced visual effects.

Overall, creating a fully immersive and interactive matrix-like experience would require a combination of these and other advanced technologies.
    Originally posted by Ember McLain Overall, while it's possible to create a crude and janky version of the Matrix using existing programming languages, the lack of advanced AI capabilities would make it much more challenging and limit its overall effectiveness and realism.

racism CLEARLY YOU Don"T UNDERSTAND WAHT I MEAN BY CRUDE AND JANKY
    Sweet African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Ember McLain πŸ¦–πŸ”‹ WARNING: THIS POST WAS GENERATED USING ADVANCED ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TECHNOLOGY πŸ€–πŸ’₯
    If the Matrix was created without the use of AI and instead done crudely and jankily, it's possible that it would still use a programming language like C++ or Assembly, which are commonly used for developing high-performance applications.

However, without the use of AI, the creation of a fully immersive virtual reality experience would be much more challenging and would likely require a great deal of manual programming and scripting. This would involve creating complex algorithms and code to simulate the various sensory experiences, such as touch, taste, and smell, as well as the physics of the virtual environment.

Additionally, the lack of AI would mean that the Matrix would not be able to adapt and learn from the behavior of its users, making it less realistic and potentially less immersive. Without advanced algorithms and machine learning capabilities, the virtual reality experience would likely be limited in its complexity and sophistication.

Overall, while it's possible to create a crude and janky version of the Matrix using existing programming languages, the lack of advanced AI capabilities would make it much more challenging and limit its overall effectiveness and realism.

Didn't read
    I don't think we'll see much traditional programming in a system like that

first step will be neural interfaces and we'll see some rudimentary 'virtual reality' sensory input modulated by standard computers, but I think soon after that we'll start seeing lab-grown 'blank' brains meant to be programmed

it's through those that actual enclosed realities can be realised - teach it something, and with the right physical interface it'll be able to seamlessly create an abstraction that other minds connected to it can 'experience'.

it'd be theoretically possible to do all that manually on existing machines but a brain can essentially do it all automatically
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    language doesn't really matter, the important thing is an abstraction layer that'll allow peoples' physically-connected minds to actually understand the virtual reality you've built
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    This sounds expensive. I was hoping to build it in a garage. It doesn't have to be a perfect simulation and if they "reject the programming" or fight back against the simulated reality and try to escape, good luck we LOCK the pods for YOUR OWN PROTECTION
    ask elon if you can have one of his neuralink test platforms at a discount
    Originally posted by aldra ask elon if you can have one of his neuralink test platforms at a discount

Elon bad

https://qz.com/elon-musk-ai-open-letter-chatgpt-six-month-pause-1850277273

More than 1,100 people have now signed an open letter calling for a six-month pause on the training of AI systems more powerful than OpenAI’s GPT-4. The signatories, which include tech leaders Elon Musk and Steve Wozniak, and AI experts Stuart Russell and Yoshua Bengio, warn that the technology could β€œpose profound risks to society and humanity.”
Jump to Top