User Controls

At a full-serve station, someone pulled up next to the pumps on the wrong side, with the gas cap away from the pump.

A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    It happens all the time, no big deal, except we weren't allowed to stretch the hose over the customer's car to the far side for fear of scratching it. I explained the problem and asked them to turn around.

They pulled ahead past the pump island, turned the car around, and came down the opposite side of the island… so the gas cap was still on the side opposite the pumps. I explained the problem again in a little more detail, and asked them to turn around again but to come back to this side of the island, so THAT side of the car would be next to the pumps.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    the existence of 'full service' petrol stations baffles me
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Originally posted by aldra the existence of 'full service' petrol stations baffles me

gasoline is dangerous thats why we have fuel professionals
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    I'm not sure if they've changed it. But in New Jersey in the 90s it was unlawful to pump your own gas. There were no self service pumps.

*edit* The 1949 Retail Gasoline Dispensing Safety Act is still in effect in New Jersey.
    i discovered at my local fuel pumps that when paying by card, if i done fill up with premium nozzle and then i pull out the regular one and shove it back the machine would charge me according to the price of regular fuel.

i do not go around doing this for fear or retribution.
Jump to Top