User Controls

Does anyone else still have internet speed woes in 2023?

Donald Trump Black Hole
    I found I can get a fairly reliable fast connection (10 - 60 Mbps) by changing the band on my 4G router to a less busy one, but even now sometimes my connection speed drops to less than 5Mbps, which is about when I start to notice it being shitty.

The Irish government is going to pay for every house to be connected to fibre optic, and that'll be awesome, but until then I'm more or less stuck with wireless alternatives.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    On my phone not really ever. On my lappy, occasionally, as I'm just leeching off my neighbor's open WiFi which isn't always the strongest signal. I can stream HD videos fine but if I try to stream and say, download a movie, it'll get a little laggy at times.

If I need a for sure high speed I just use pdanet and tether my phones data to my laptop.
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Originally posted by mmQ On my phone not really ever. On my lappy, occasionally, as I'm just leeching off my neighbor's open WiFi which isn't always the strongest signal. I can stream HD videos fine but if I try to stream and say, download a movie, it'll get a little laggy at times.

If I need a for sure high speed I just use pdanet and tether my phones data to my laptop.

What sort of speeds do you get?
    its all a speed-vs-resolution problem these days.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny its all a speed-vs-resolution problem these days.

I haven't gone 4k yet, but I'm used to 720p or 1080p (I can't really tell the difference).
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Donald Trump What sort of speeds do you get?

I'll do a test right now. It varies all the time but it's nothing impressive that's for sure.

With the neighbors WiFi at this current moment 13.4 Mbps download and 1.19 upload.

With my phone, 6.25 dl and 14.8 upload. Lol something seems fucky
    Originally posted by Donald Trump I haven't gone 4k yet, but I'm used to 720p or 1080p (I can't really tell the difference).

you wont have any speed problem if you stream at 480X640
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny you wont have any speed problem if you stream at 480X640

I don't have a speed problem I use it as it was supposed to be used.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Triangles everywhere.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny its all a speed-vs-resolution problem these days.

:10 infrastructure providers roll out new lines with higher bandwidth

"oh we have more bandwidth now we can push higher resolution media with lower efficiency codecs"

service providers push new standards that require even higher bandwidth

"fuck our lines can't handle the sheer volume of data"

goto :10

the internet should be text only
    yeah but my country is notorious for being an intetnet majit harinder suspinder scam kike market which is why I use da sneakernet and BATMAN and fidonet

Originally posted by aldra the internet should be text only

Every computer just needs a BIG ass sprite table but encoded and condensed and then ALL it does to read graphics is get a call from a brainfuck array at NIS.site which tells it to draw the background, boxes, graphics.

Yup that would TOTALLY WORk

Tihs means *draw cat*
    Originally posted by aldra :10 infrastructure providers roll out new lines with higher bandwidth

"oh we have more bandwidth now we can push higher resolution media with lower efficiency codecs"

service providers push new standards that require even higher bandwidth

"fuck our lines can't handle the sheer volume of data"

goto :10

the internet should be text only

youtube and many streaming services will still let you choose (sometimes forcibly) lower res to better suit people with dalit-tier network infrastructures.
    Originally posted by Donald Trump I don't have a speed problem I use it as it was supposed to be used.

i usually just download my youtubes or southfront videos if and when i have speed problem.

problem solved.
    It's not a problem I CAN STOP ANY TIME IWWANT
Jump to Top