User Controls

lockpicking

omg Yung Blood
    so ive gathered a bunch of resources devoted to lockpicking (ebooks, textfiles, videos, etc)

what im wondering now is, what picks would you guys recommend?

im worry about the cheap-ass $2 chinese picks, like they may break after a few uses or something

but at the same time i dont wanna dump $60 into a hobby that i may not dig

tips advice stories etc
    Considering you're an Antifag, I suggest you fuck off kindly.

Thank you.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    richard feynman that shit son
    I have picked many a lock. My two american 2/100 american usd? Dont get a set until you know you dig it. Bend some paper clips. Use some fuckin hair pins as tension wrenches. If you can pick with that picking with a real set will be a swim in the kiddie pool. If you cant pick with that and pick up a real pick set you just wasted your money because you obviously cant fuckin pick.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Lock picking seems to be a much beloved hobby of people in the cyber security community. I don't understand why, the principles really don't carry over. And as much as i like doing small electronics(I fucking don't that shit's a drag, but pretty useful regardless) i can't see myself having the patience to pick a lock.
    Originally posted by Sophie Lock picking seems to be a much beloved hobby of people in the cyber security community. I don't understand why, the principles really don't carry over. And as much as i like doing small electronics(I fucking don't that shit's a drag, but pretty useful regardless) i can't see myself having the patience to pick a lock.

Cultivate some patients nigga. Just carry a lock and some bobby pins and paperclips. In a line? Pick your lock. On a walk? Pick your lock. Sitting around for no good reason? Pick your lock. Waiting for a response to NIS? Pick your lock. You can pick a lock anytime anyplace. Its just feelin the pins nigga. Feel em real good nigga.
    Originally posted by Rhymin Hymen Cultivate some patients nigga.

I ain't no doctor.

Originally posted by Rhymin Hymen Just carry a lock and some bobby pins and paperclips. In a line? Pick your lock. On a walk? Pick your lock. Sitting around for no good reason? Pick your lock. Waiting for a response to NIS? Pick your lock. You can pick a lock anytime anyplace. Its just feelin the pins nigga. Feel em real good nigga.

I'm a results oriented person.

If you can't lockpick your way into Ft Knox with nothing but a bobby pin and a paperclip you need to hit the books.
    Originally posted by omg so ive gathered a bunch of resources devoted to lockpicking (ebooks, textfiles, videos, etc)

im worry about the cheap-ass $2 chinese picks, like they may break after a few uses or something

tips advice stories etc

Be careful.. the laws aren't clear. I wanted to take on this trade after my going no wear job had to have a lock replaced out next to my desk. I watched the locksmith.. he was showing me how he files keys down.. the pins rub against the blanks. I used to be a Maintenance worker and they had a kit that had to be placed in the safe because if you get caught with one in the state of California.. it's like mandatory if you don't do Maintenance or Locksmith work (or keymaker.. ie: Ace Hardware) so it's based on the police officers own discretion to decide if you go to jail and wait for a court hearing.

So be careful and only do this in your house. There has to be a way to get a certificate to do it for a living. it can make good money. But it's a trade usually passed down in certain families who have licenses to do so. They're Grandfathered into the law somehow. Seems unfair.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Totse 2001 Be careful.. the laws aren't clear. I wanted to take on this trade after my going no wear job had to have a lock replaced out next to my desk. I watched the locksmith.. he was showing me how he files keys down.. the pins rub against the blanks.

Sounds like impressioning. https://mylockpickingworld.com/impressioning-3/ (I actually haven't read this page, it was the first thing that "Impressioning" showed via a Google search)

It's basically putting a key blank into the lock(keyway has to match), turning it so that the pins bind, then forcefully pulling the key upwards so that the most bound pin will make a mark on the edge of the key blank. This is done in both directions. Then a file is used to slightly file off a bit of the key blank exactly where the marks were made. The process is repeated and you're suppose to end up with a working key. I've actually never successfully pulled it off though but also have never actually tried to finish the process.

As far as books for a beginner goes, I would suggest, hands down, these two books...

https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Lock-Picking-Second-Penetration/dp/1597499897

https://www.amazon.com/Keys-Kingdom-Impressioning-Privilege-Escalation/dp/1597499838

Both are written by Deviant Ollam and are actually enjoyable reads.

You'll learn in the first book that you really are only going to need basic lock picks, but tension tools are what you'll usually want a lot of. Get a cheap, small, toolset. Don't get one of the "Master Locksmiths" kits that folds out like a binder.
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Sounds like impressioning. https://mylockpickingworld.com/impressioning-3/ (I actually haven't read this page, it was the first thing that "Impressioning" showed via a Google search)

It's basically putting a key blank into the lock(keyway has to match), turning it so that the pins bind, then forcefully pulling the key upwards so that the most bound pin will make a mark on the edge of the key blank. This is done in both directions. Then a file is used to slightly file off a bit of the key blank exactly where the marks were made. The process is repeated and you're suppose to end up with a working key. I've actually never successfully pulled it off though but also have never actually tried to finish the process.

As far as books for a beginner goes, I would suggest, hands down, these two books…

https://www.amazon.com/Keys-Kingdom-Impressioning-Privilege-Escalation/dp/1597499838

You'll learn in the first book that you really are only going to need basic lock picks, but tension tools are what you'll usually want a lot of. Get a cheap, small, toolset. Don't get one of the "Master Locksmiths" kits that folds out like a binder.

Why can't you just make a soft metal alloy key blank and hammer into the lock so that it assumes it's shape.
    Originally posted by Sophie Why can't you just make a soft metal alloy key blank and hammer into the lock so that it assumes it's shape.

I've wondered this too. I think the answer is that in order for the key to push past the pins in the first place, it has to have some amount of rigidness, otherwise it will just smoosh.
    Originally posted by Sophie Why can't you just make a soft metal alloy key blank and hammer into the lock so that it assumes it's shape.

Hammer? You'd probably break/bend pins and possibly warp the cylinder(or whatever it's called). Might as well drill in that case.
    U drillin lizzies?
    cerakote African Astronaut
    Originally posted by omg so ive gathered a bunch of resources devoted to lockpicking (ebooks, textfiles, videos, etc)

tips advice stories etc

theyre millimeter-thin long slivers of metal

it doesnt fucking matter what brand or whatever you buy unless its made out of daedric metal
    Damn $60 for a hobby I wish, I can spend a few hundred $$ just buying the basics for mine
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump Damn $60 for a hobby I wish, I can spend a few hundred $$ just buying the basics for mine

I started off by just using paper clips and raking locks open. I was able to open a handful of locks, took the locks out, took back to my place, took apart, inspected the pins, made my own key, put the lock back together, went back to where the lock was originally, put the lock back in, and my projects turned out really well. Got out of that stuff though...
    bling bling Dark Matter
    i did say b4 i mkae custom lockpick sets
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Sounds like impressioning. https://mylockpickingworld.com/impressioning-3/ (I actually haven't read this page, it was the first thing that "Impressioning" showed via a Google search)

As far as books for a beginner goes, I would suggest, hands down, these two books…

Thanks for these links
    Problem is in post 9/11 (thanks to Bush) this sets off alarms. anything goes down in your neighborhood and you suddenly get a visit. but that might be amusing. I could talk to them about other stuff whiel I'm at it.. yet they always say "Hey.. I'm investigating "x" primary.. go to HQ if you want to talk about that".

It's looks like a really fun and challenging field to get into as long as you stay humble and don't think about doing something fucked up and illegal. except maybe pranks on fam

But it really could be a lifesaver skill as well. remember that. you have kids, you/they get kidnapped and you passed down the trade to them for survival mode of getting out when opportunity arises.

Originally posted by bling bling i did say b4 i mkae custom lockpick sets

dope
Jump to Top