User Controls

What is most likely causing tabs to crash?

Migh Houston
    I run an automated script that does some things using my browser. For a while now, I have had an issue with tabs crashing(the browser stays open but displays an error that the tab crashed). This happens in both Firefox and Opera while running this script. The script simiply interacts with the website and I throttle it throughout with some time.sleep()(usually one to 10 seconds). Sometimes the script runs fine. The crashes seem random.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    when that's happened to me it's just been that the tab's used too much memory

what are you using to automate? selenium or something?
    Migh Houston
    PyAutoGUI

Is there anyway to fix this without needing to open a new tab?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    you'd be better off using something like selenium to control interaction with the browser; error handling and recovery are more flexible

I used to use mechanize/curl with perl so you don't need a browser at all but that gets tricky when you have to worry about gay stuff like cookies and javascript
    Migh Houston
    Actually, I can just create a small function that opens a new tab and closes the old tab.
    Migh Houston
    A couple of years ago I did this using an Android app using dirrect HTTP requests but yeah authentication tokens were making it a bitch.
    Migh Houston
    Still crashes with new tab.
Jump to Top