User Controls

The Earth is Flat

Bradley Black Hole
    Folks if you go up in an airplane (which I have done over 3 times) u can see there's no curve.

Discuss.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by The Self Taught Man The Earth is Flat because EVERYTHING is Flat

we just perceive it as 3D because the way our eyes absorb light and transfer the data to our brains.
    Thats why its so easy to draw a box into a cube because it's not 2D to 3D (mathematically it is) but physically the actual drawing is always flat.

(flat images viewed by your flat eye on a flat computer)

This picture looks "3D" like everything is encased withing a cylindrical grid but that is actually not the case.

Now lets say you are actually viewing a lion in a cage in real life

Clearly the Lion is on top of the grass, and behind a cage. You can perceive the depth because it does exist and you are viewing it all in one clear picture with your eyes. You can put your finger in front of your eye and it will always be in front of the cage, unless you put your hand behind the cage and view it on the other side.

It might seem like you are interacting with a 3D world and viewing the 2D image of this but its actually a 2D world.

Our mind crates the depth between objects and their arrangement, its all just an illusion. Thats why you see fractals and trippy shit when you do certain drugs because thats actually what reality looks like when your brain can't trick itself into viewing everything as 3D.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shape_of_the_universe

https://www.space.com/34928-the-universe-is-flat-now-what.html
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Bradley Black Hole
    I do respect you Mr. Happy. Not because of any sentiment other than I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT.
    slide22 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Bradley Folks if you go up in an airplane (which I have done over 3 times) u can see there's no curve.

Discuss.

because 30k feet is only 5.6 miles up and real space above the thin blue line is 100 miles up.

sooooo like 1/20th the way to space. Also, even at low orbital space, you can barely see the curve. but halfway to the moon it starts to curve because you can actually see more over the horizon which is some deep science behind it.

the earth to the Artamis right now being halfway to the moon at about 120k miles shows earth in a waxed phase and it kind of looks flat right now. more like a disk than a sphere but when it gets to the moon and if it's full earthrise, it's very spherical
    I was at an amusement park up here in the Bay Area called Marine World (6 flags)

and I sat down on a slope where a chain link fence was to rest my feet. and I hear this shuttering vibration and then a loud roar. and of course it was a lion panting first (shuttering sound like clicks) then a roar. and unlike in a movie where the roar is flat (even in stereo). in real world, an African Male Lions roar vibrates you sternum. and it was in that house cat about to pounce position and I turned around and it then laid down silent and stared at me. and then bolted right at me and smashed into the fence.

I nearly shit myself right there with about 2 dozen people laughing. it did not take its eyes off of me until I got far enough away from it. then it was my turn to watch. apparently (And this is not being racist, just an observance). it only wanted to kill and eat white folk

fucking racist lion only like white meat
    Bradley Black Hole
    Originally posted by slide22 because 30k feet is only 5.6 miles up and real space above the thin blue line is 100 miles up.

sooooo like 1/20th the way to space. Also, even at low orbital space, you can barely see the curve. but halfway to the moon it starts to curve because you can actually see more over the horizon which is some deep science behind it.

the earth to the Artamis right now being halfway to the moon at about 120k miles shows earth in a waxed phase and it kind of looks flat right now. more like a disk than a sphere but when it gets to the moon and if it's full earthrise, it's very spherical

ok u convinced me
    Originally posted by slide22 because 30k feet is only 5.6 miles up and real space above the thin blue line is 100 miles up.

I can see the curve of my ass from 3ft if I look in a mirror.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I can see the curve of my ass from 3ft if I look in a mirror.

but could a neutron in a molecule on the ass of a dust mite on the ass of you (if it had eyes and a brain) be able to notice the curve?

prolly not
    Originally posted by slide22 but could a neutron in a molecule on the ass of a dust mite on the ass of you (if it had eyes and a brain) be able to notice the curve?

prolly not

Non sequitur...Neutrons don't have eyes
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Non sequitur…Neutrons don't have eyes

How do you know? it might have many eyes and a brain. also as stated " (if it had eyes and a brain)"
    Originally posted by slide22 How do you know? it might have many eyes and a brain. also as stated " (if it had eyes and a brain)"

A basic knowledge of particle physics.
Jump to Top