User Controls

How to mine an Asteroid

slide22 African Astronaut
    Tow it to the moon. drop it on the moon slowly. and then set up an assembly line of rocket-trains to haul it back to earth.

Problem solved.

suk-muy-butt
    They're travelling anywhere from 30,000mph to 100,000mph.
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ They're travelling anywhere from 30,000mph to 100,000mph.

slow it down. fire a projectile into it and it brakes. Duh
    You could choose one that is travelling parallel to our solar system. Our Sun and the trailing solar system travels through the galactic plane at a speed of around 43,500mph. If you can get one that is slightly ahead of us, or travelling in the same direction on either side, or below, the asteroid would basically appear stationary to Earth.
    troon African Astronaut
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ They're travelling anywhere from 30,000mph to 100,000mph.

relative to what? speed means nothing without a frame of reference
    Originally posted by troon relative to what? speed means nothing without a frame of reference

Relative to the galactic plane.
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ You could choose one that is travelling parallel to our solar system. Our Sun and the trailing solar system travels through the galactic plane at a speed of around 43,500mph. If you can get one that is slightly ahead of us, or travelling in the same direction on either side, or below, the asteroid would basically appear stationary to Earth.

You don't choose random by convenience. It has to have all the wonderful metals needed for mining.
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

why does the Milky Way have a giant Star like light? there is no massive star in the center
    Originally posted by slide22 why does the Milky Way have a giant Star like light? there is no massive star in the center

That's actually a black hole at the center of the galactic plane. Every galaxy has a black hole in the center, to hold the entire galaxy together. All the light from the billions of suns gets trapped, lighting up the hole like a gigantic super sun.
    Bradley Black Hole
    stop mining childrens asses and u wouldn't end up in this [position wozny
    Ghost Black Hole
    a BIG BOMB
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    bl;ow it up and catch the pieces in a big net
    Originally posted by Bradley stop mining childrens asses and u wouldn't end up in this [position wozny

Got damn you're fucking weird. Projecting your own fucked up pedo shit onto me. Dude, Get some new fucking material. and stop buddying up with Wariat you freak
    Originally posted by aldra bl;ow it up and catch the pieces in a big net

Demon Core Nougat

sl1, and like 4 or 5 other events.

The dude sticks a flathead screwdriver in a squash sphere dome to see how close to death he could get. too close. he died a puddle of goop. the sl1 incident, dude standing over main core rod. center of a dice 5 pattern shape with 4 rods were same element however the the center fifth rod was different, he suicided over some weird 3 way love triangle/murder suicide involving 1 of the other 2 guys he worked with at the reactor

. they realizes after the explosion that the rags stuck to the ceiling was a guy name "legg" the rode exploded with 23 thousands pounds of tnt and went through his groin and left shoulder blade. he however was hardly recognized as a human being.

all three dudes died.

we're all going to die from nuclear war. you know it's going to happen. Putin keeps threatening the west and it's kind of comical we ignore this as real potential however North Korea is toying and Iran's Iatola is accusing the west of backing a coup.

radiation poisoning sounds fucked up as hell. takes like a month to die
    Ghost Black Hole
    carefully
    Originally posted by Ghost carefully

are you responding to the original thread title?
    Yes, Carefully Tow it to the moon, fire projectiles to slow it.

the asteroid has to be no larger than say a school bus.

drive anchors into a hard surface. maybe have 3 drones find an area where they each could drive an anchor with a cable attached. have them do it in a triangular pattern from one another. a perfect sided triangle and then have all of the drones grab each their own cable from the other end of the attached anchors. and then wire rope/ coupler with double bolts attached to one long single cable.

I wish I could draw a diagram.

then of course that cable is attached to the towing module/space capsul and then the main cable becomes a teather which you can give maybe half a mile slack. then fly the towing capsul and orbit the asteroid trying to turn it and slow it down before it stops and reverse direction with the orbital towing capsul. now it can tow it to the moon. hover just over the moon the length of the cable plus rock and gently drop it and release. let the mining trucks come in and break it down to its ore compound and fly them back to earth.

enough of these conveyor belt assemblies of loader drones can bring back and dump a large 200-pound sack of raw ore ties to a high altitude parachute to a designated area of the earth and they just recycle the parachute and when they collect enough of them they transport them back to where the conveyer of drones are hubbed.

I mean I'm sure contractor astronaut-mine workers would love to do manual work and rig newly charged drones to rinse and repeat their job

I tried to mansplain this a little bit high. bout to go smoke some more weed. I'm not going to work tomorrow until the evening.
    how big is the arseteroid ?
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by slide22 are you responding to the original thread title?

yup
Jump to Top