User Controls

Would it suck to live in rural america?

blaster master victim of incest
    cigreting Dark Matter
    I have a house in a city and currently live in a rural area about 20 minutes from a small tourist town in mn. Population is less than 10k year round and much higher in the summer.
    I enjoy it more than the city. Less traffic, crime, and niggers that cause the crime. I may actually end up buying a house in the area, preferably on a lake with little to no population. The only downside is you have to travel to town and there is obviously not as many amenities as a larger city
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    I fucking love it and plan on moving out of the city whenever i am able to, possibly renting out my current home

This will be some years in the future though
    Ghost Black Hole
    its kinda gay . I lived in a place with no mcdonalds, Just Dairy QUeen, Amburger and Wootbeer, the grocery store, dollar store and a chink joint

AN DTHATS FUCIKIGN IT they closed mervs burgers and it got bought by the dairy queen who owned the laundry mat so they could open AN EVEN BIGGER LAUNDRY MAT and its like a social thing all the "towny" poor folx natives single moms all go wash they draws down at da laundry matt and buy they kids some dury queen. You wanna go meet a yommy mummy to fuck thats the spot

I used to just smoke weed and drink but after living in a small town I got so bored I ended up ordering drugs while everyone did their fake cocaine drama bullshit gay party cant get weed losertons I was doing real LSD, hard drugs, heroin , meth , cocaine, research chemicals

AND THE FUCKING BENZODIAZAPINES I tried all that shit for the first time. I was so bored, if you want to see HELL try living in a small town and doing online dating, in a city you can fuck up act like a ass hat OH WWELL never see the bitch again! IN a small town everyone knows everyone and there is nothing to do but gossip and scuttlebutt, once you burn enough bridges it's just not gonna go away, you can come back 10 years later and you will still be "that guy"

THe cops knew me quite well and they considered me the biggest retard because every time they talked to me I was soooooo fucked up on benzos and or morhhine, cocaine, drunk , always smelled like weed . But I had a job and was pretty well known as a working dude so they were like wtf man what are you doing. I used to be in the local town newspaper police burb all the fucking time, it was very annoying because people knew where I lived so EVERYONE knew when I got too fucked up because it would always be the same "Police responded to a disturbance at a hill street residence with a beligerant intoxicated male, no arrests"

and my boss would be reading the paper and say "I see you had a fun weekend" -_-

Originally posted by The Self Taught Man Here's the old burned out meth lab I was always raving about. Police tape and everything still up and all my glorious chemicals scattered across the yard. *sigh* what could have been what could have been. That broken ass shack door is where I smoked my meth. There's still 100 lbs of copper in there. Also nobody found my 5gallons of muriatic acid and the drum of methanol.

slide22 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by cigreting I have a house in a city and currently live in a rural area about 20 minutes from a small tourist town in mn. Population is less than 10k year round and much higher in the summer.
    I enjoy it more than the city. Less traffic, crime, and niggers that cause the crime. I may actually end up buying a house in the area, preferably on a lake with little to no population. The only downside is you have to travel to town and there is obviously not as many amenities as a larger city

Sav?
    slide22 African Astronaut
    Iv live on the last street before it crossed over into farming country from 100 feet behind our house and continued 45 miles to Stockton which Is a small city with shitloads of crops and orchards

I miss total blacked out skies with little light noise
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    The town i live in has roughly 30k ppl, but right outside of here theres plenty of towns with like 1k or 400 ppl or less.

I guess it really depends on what you consider 'rural'

When i used to go to chicago people would say i had a country accent and was from the middle of no where.

So i guess its just all relative perception.

My middle of no where is like owning 100+ acres with maybe one or 2 neighbors within a mile or 2.
    cigreting Dark Matter
    Originally posted by slide22 Sav?

wat
    Ghost Black Hole
    ist aht you sav?
    Sounds like fucking heaven, out in the boonies, no fucking humans around making a lot of noise and mess...a car at your disposal for when you do want to go into town.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    cigreting Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Sounds like fucking heaven, out in the boonies, no fucking humans around making a lot of noise and mess…a car at your disposal for when you do want to go into town.

It is.
    cigreting Dark Matter
    Originally posted by blaster master He thinks you might be someone he knows who may or may not live in Minnesota

Im in MN but not sav whoever that is
    WellHung Black Hole
    sounds fucking awful. no thanks.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by blaster master I've only ever lived in the city or in the suburbs, what is it like to live in a small town?

Right now you can get 0 money down home loans on rural homes if you're a first time home buyer. I can get something with a 800 dollar monthly payment about an hour drive from my work.

I'm wondering if that's a smart move for me or would living in a town of 5000 people drive me bonkers. Hard to say what the right thing to do is.

WellHung how bad does it suck in the Dekalb area?

if ur a college student, its fine. it wud suck to be a resident. I live in the western burbs, however. I've only partied at NIU a few times. But I hate everything about living in a rural town.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by blaster master I've only ever lived in the city or in the suburbs, what is it like to live in a small town?

Right now you can get 0 money down home loans on rural homes if you're a first time home buyer. I can get something with a 800 dollar monthly payment about an hour drive from my work.

I'm wondering if that's a smart move for me or would living in a town of 5000 people drive me bonkers. Hard to say what the right thing to do is.

WellHung how bad does it suck in the Dekalb area?

dont do it, dude. u will be bored senseless.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by blaster master Man heres the hang up, that's about the closest place I can afford to own an actual house and as you know property taxes are insane near where we live.

Yea my taxes are outrageous. If you can find work out there, then u might be alrite/like it out there.
Jump to Top